Comments

• Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    Options
    One week in the books. Let's look at some members of the leaderboard:

Nonce Equitaur 2 - 5.33 posts per day
    Northern Polarity - 8.40
    Ben Grimm - 7.30
    Phantron - 18.31 per day (no really, no typos)

IceIX - 5.88 per day
    David Moore - 3.08 per day

Maybe I just don't understand the role's purpose, but I was hoping the community manager would be a bit more active and not just a different employee posting Patch notes.

Meh, normal posters talk a lot about their opinions on game balance, direction of the game, new characters, etc. David hasn't been playing the game for that long, and even if he were, he isn't really supposed to be talking about what he thinks about Colossus or whatever. His role is to make sure that we aren't pissed and up in arms, sift through all the stuff that we talk about, and relay the important parts to the devs (at least that's what I think it is): this doesn't really require posting a whole lot.
    I would disagree somewhat. While yes, he should not have to talk about what he thinks about one thing or another, a reliable source of communication and posting should be required of a community manager. His job should be to relay the community's thoughts to the developers, but also to relay back what he can from "behind-the-curtain". This community has been frustrated with how things have been handled with regards to communication in the past, so an extra effort made to communicate as much information back to the community would likely be well received. Even if there are no updates to something, silence can be much worse than saying "Sorry, no new news on <important topic> today"

To Mr. Hi-Fi, I have a suggestion for you. Host a once a month Developer Q&A session. Collect questions from the community for a week or two in a thread sponsored by you, then prune the list down to the most poignant, relevant and well worded questions, and present it to the developers, giving them two weeks to answer them. Then share these answers back to the community, start a new Q&A thread, and rinse and repeat. Allowing the community to ask questions directly to the developers through you would be a wonderful addition to the communication suite you can offer this community, and would likely garner a large amount of good feelings from most of us. Currently we primarily only get the information chosen to present to us, and on rare occasions when there is a Q&A thread we get a chance to have some of our questions answered, but having something like this on a somewhat structured basis would help greatly, I think.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Meh, normal posters talk a lot about their opinions on game balance, direction of the game, new characters, etc. David hasn't been playing the game for that long, and even if he were, he isn't really supposed to be talking about what he thinks about Colossus or whatever. His role is to make sure that we aren't pissed and up in arms, sift through all the stuff that we talk about, and relay the important parts to the devs (at least that's what I think it is): this doesn't really require posting a whole lot.

Fair enough.

I was still expecting more of a 2-way street, rather than just parsing the forums for nuggets of good ideas. Some kind of weekly Q&A, or "This week in MPQ." Even just quick unprompted blurbs about elements of the game. What's being done to the MMR? How/why do they consider Loki well balanced? How are his experiences as a new player? Etc...
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like Dave is doing a fantastic job so far. He's been putting weigh onto people's questions, helping people with technical difficulties, and overall posting a pretty fair amount. Just because he's not the average forumite doesn't mean he's not doing good. o_O
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Fair enough.

I was still expecting more of a 2-way street, rather than just parsing the forums for nuggets of good ideas. Some kind of weekly Q&A, or "This week in MPQ." Even just quick unprompted blurbs about elements of the game. What's being done to the MMR? How/why do they consider Loki well balanced? How are his experiences as a new player? Etc...

It's his first week icon_e_biggrin.gif I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of that kind of stuff down the road. I also wonder if Ice-IX's / Will's increased activity on the forum is because of his existence on the forums. I'm probably looking too much into it at that point.
    Enoc99 wrote:
    One week in the books. Let's look at some members of the leaderboard:

Nonce Equitaur 2 - 5.33 posts per day
    Northern Polarity - 8.40
    Ben Grimm - 7.30
    Phantron - 18.31 per day (no really, no typos)

IceIX - 5.88 per day
    David Moore - 3.08 per day

Maybe I just don't understand the role's purpose, but I was hoping the community manager would be a bit more active and not just a different employee posting Patch notes.

I would disagree somewhat. While yes, he should not have to talk about what he thinks about one thing or another, a reliable source of communication and posting should be required of a community manager. His job should be to relay the community's thoughts to the developers, but also to relay back what he can from "behind-the-curtain". This community has been frustrated with how things have been handled with regards to communication in the past, so an extra effort made to communicate as much information back to the community would likely be well received. Even if there are no updates to something, silence can be much worse than saying "Sorry, no new news on <important topic> today"

To Mr. Hi-Fi, I have a suggestion for you. Host a once a month Developer Q&A session. Collect questions from the community for a week or two in a thread sponsored by you, then prune the list down to the most poignant, relevant and well worded questions, and present it to the developers, giving them two weeks to answer them. Then share these answers back to the community, start a new Q&A thread, and rinse and repeat. Allowing the community to ask questions directly to the developers through you would be a wonderful addition to the communication suite you can offer this community, and would likely garner a large amount of good feelings from most of us. Currently we primarily only get the information chosen to present to us, and on rare occasions when there is a Q&A thread we get a chance to have some of our questions answered, but having something like this on a somewhat structured basis would help greatly, I think.

Yeah thats fair. I would definitely expect more progress updates and stuff like that down the road as he gets more acquainted to the plight of the average MPQ forumgoer.
  • I was just chatting about the competitiveness of the game, and it occurred to me to wonder how d3p feels about how 4* covers are handled. I went for them waaay back when you could win a bracket with 1100 or when I saw a shot in PvE, but ever since seasons and death brackets I'm just not willing to put the effort and stress into getting them. Which made me wonder - most of the people, if not almost all, who ARE willing to do that grind have their 4*s max covered already.

Which isn't necessarily BAD - if you have to do the grind to get the reward, that's the way it is. But it DOES mean that almost all 4* covers given out are evaporating into iso - they aren't increasing the number of 4* covers "out there" in the player pool. Just from a game design standpoint, I was wondering d3p's thoughts on that - problem? Or working as intended?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    I was just chatting about the competitiveness of the game, and it occurred to me to wonder how d3p feels about how 4* covers are handled. I went for them waaay back when you could win a bracket with 1100 or when I saw a shot in PvE, but ever since seasons and death brackets I'm just not willing to put the effort and stress into getting them. Which made me wonder - most of the people, if not almost all, who ARE willing to do that grind have their 4*s max covered already.

Which isn't necessarily BAD - if you have to do the grind to get the reward, that's the way it is. But it DOES mean that almost all 4* covers given out are evaporating into iso - they aren't increasing the number of 4* covers "out there" in the player pool. Just from a game design standpoint, I was wondering d3p's thoughts on that - problem? Or working as intended?
    I'd love to see some stats on number of covers sold at different * levels.
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Hi David,

Can you find out why the cover rewards were recently changed in PVP?

It used to be that for top 100 you would get cover A, at top 25 you would get covers A and B, at top 5 you would get A, B, and C, and for alliance top 100 you would get cover C. Now, top 100 alliance gets you cover A. This can be beneficial when the top 100 cover is the better power (as in the recent Captain Marvel and Falcon rewards), but it makes the top 5 cover really hard to attain for transitioning players.

I was just wondering if this change was intentional or not.

Hi EM84,

Here's the word from IceIX regarding cover rewards. Hope it helps:

"Having C be the reward was causing Alliances to do lots of random (and otherwise useless) flip flopping if they knew they were going to get the cover reward but that individual members wouldn’t necessarily get the reward.

You saw it a lot in the multiple Alliance Alliances where members would hop from one to another. The way it is now with A being the reward, it’s an added bonus for placing well, but should be something individual players are going for anyways.

Keep in mind that we also rotate the colors for the rewards when we feature a character again in an Event or Versus, so if A is doubled this time, B or C will likely be the low/doubled reward next time"

I don't understand this, useless to whom?

So are you saying rather than people working together to help others get rewards they need you would rather they just went to people who already had them and they got sold for 500 iso?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2014
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

There's a Ban operation. You can ban 1 person at a time, or a long list. I prepared the list for them.

A huge "mass" banning of spammers has been undertaken today. We'll keep an eye on how this works out and how many legitimate users, if any, may have been caught in the net.

*Note: If you believe you have been banned in error - please do not hesitate to contact us. An address is provided in the notification.*

Excellent You can follow up by banning these people that have built up negative rep with single posts.
    adyakrti76 airweik420 airweik49 Amberkerr56 anglinanalex annaemma antwoman84 asserjesse brand237020 brodyevan222 Bzuknzjwyf cedicoli76 chemogirl6 chironophion060 Christqnpw CuteAngel damonrufus222 eliasjashua222 franfaradayigo frediekane GailFJones helendowney hermestalos222 hervykieran222 humamailk iffetazeani innocentrascal intakamworking jbabiless jeenamooto jennifergallegos jezpo664w7 justkhan840 km785826 leonzelus222 lightnry maanjaan11 MarryJane maryfenner mattbastableiof mearijaan milasuzai ninagee413 paulking60400 Robertthomas8913 rosecking Rosehunter5748 sharoonkarin stingfast313 SuzanD tenasmith000 teriasfare theronau tibbsdancy tygordon97 wandacchase werdfiiooaaas wqetdfyuvsax ycamor zenocharis222

Then you can ban these sketchy people that signed up
    asf11Vff asf48Vkf asf65Vef asf85Vtf asf95Vxf asf98Vtf br0nd41952 br2nd49704 cauca253x7 cfgtm4pny cgunn14 cryotek101 ctboy03 damnesia77 dsgf0fiff dsgf2foff dsgf5feff dsgf6fkff dsgf7fzff emymea937375 fbczz505r8 ffodohflu fttlru313679 fzxdntkoj7 ghf44fdgof grunth13 hbdvsauuyu Hkbveotdv Hkgyhxjlq Hkirrfrts Hkpsklnfy Hkqpvomiv Hkuxtyrsm Hkvqkmsbf Hkzszskzf jackqo82 kftjo35sp kqvuinul65 mecheS04id mecheS78ez msbtv824j5 npulck438541 oppabtckic ppamgk606168 qholfu619292 qtcui646z6 sbgww060l4 uofje5hju weojz106n2 xg21xfbif xg69xficf xg73xfzaf xgbv21dfmg xgbv37dfng xgbv42dfxg xgbv53dfhg xgbv70dfmg xieie4189 Xvdtx8611 yeutnqikk8 zfqtgm136810 zlezfmn523

To the above, you can add
    bendac11 bettyjdoak Biacgatwhh bjke45jm br0nd41952 Bshrzpcsda butsch62 charyar798 charlottecraddocketo deansmith97 downcp597930 dsgf3fsff dsgf6fkff edwarddavis elephant67x eliasjashua222 estherruth222 fbczz505r8 fkjce439o1 gmcgn579p6 gwdjqonf08 Hkcquxkym Hkjgbbdsm Hkohzfziu Hkoiupvnq Hkpzilrka Hktphizdb Hkujdlrfl Hkwnnpjfg humamailk hxi89i3t iagwmo874547 jabbot84 jamimatabitha jonnasway jozafwilson jqunl0q2 juttjames383 jvu29 kqqine9371 lily34bw lunewumaan malachitimothy marthatobias074 meatball41c micahzichary222 milkojan mrflopwelligan ninagee413 noxrkeddxtke opalcopeland pibhj225l1 pjaqna409266 qka2dt1d qphov471x9 reubeneva255 rnhuq288v7 Romaaszeqyox rupushan ryjew296 sdfgs0fjff sdfgs0fzff sdfgs2fpff sdfgs4fnff sdfgs5faff shueg21rc shueg82lc soneipari3 susan87nu SuzanD toxnf3h6 tretd03hd tretd49dn uaaxle179665 umge3zjn7 uofje5hju uyetwyfduasvda wandacchase xfagaj421194 ysfhxs413984 zlezfmn523 zzg61d9m

Note that you're also under a DDOS attack by the spammers. When they post a large block of spam, they now follow up by sending a thousand+ visitors to that page.
  • Juicyfruit1
    Options
    I understand the spamming is annoying but if they have to choose between spending their time on game fixes or forum fixes I hope they prioritize things that affect the game first. Having David here is a big step in the right direction, and I really think if they stick with the committment and with more than a week under his belt we will see some positive changes. I at least hope to have a better understanding of the choices they are making, even if I don't agree with them:-)
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    If you could clear away the spam, that would be great. I have a new mass ban list a few posts up.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    If you could clear away the spam, that would be great. I have a new mass ban list a few posts up.

Thanks, Nonce. Appreciate the assist.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    Enoc99 wrote:

Hi Enoc99,

This is an excellent idea. More back and forth between the community and D3/Demiurge is definitely something we're shooting for.
  • Can you give an update on what's going on with the tokens? Last we were told they were considering a couple options. Many of us have rewards we haven't cashed in yet waiting on this decision. We need to know what's going on.

I have close to 300 rewards to redeem and I'm waiting on a response for over a month now
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    bonebreak wrote:
    Can you give an update on what's going on with the tokens? Last we were told they were considering a couple options. Many of us have rewards we haven't cashed in yet waiting on this decision. We need to know what's going on.

I have close to 300 rewards to redeem and I'm waiting on a response for over a month now

Hi bonebreak,

I know this isn't what you want to hear - but I wanted to at least acknowledge the question. We don't have an update to share on this yet.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    Lystrata wrote:
    Just curious, is there any word on graphics options? There are countless posts from people here about the absurdly blinding graphics. I acknowledge some people might like them, but many... many.. of us find them to be headache-inducing at best, and divorce-inducing at worst, when playing next to a sleeping partner (apparently :p ).

Hell, I don't even look at the loading screen - I just wait what I feel is an adequate amount of time to get rid of the 'start up flash' and be able to tap into the game. Cascades became a thing of terror, where I couldn't even watch the matches getting made, because of all the flashes that go off. I eventually dl'd Lux to dim my phone further than it ordinarily could, just for this game, but it's still crazy how awful those constant flashes are.

Posts have been made in Suggestions, General, etc... but nothing ever gets acknowledged. An option to turn 'being blinded' off would be great.

Hi Lystrata,

I'm awaiting an answer on this. I'll keep you posted.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]...but I wanted to at least acknowledge the question. We don't have an update to share on this yet.

Ah, the acknowledgement comment works wonders...
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    On graphics options .....

There have been improvements. In particular, Hulk's Anger used to be much, much, MUCH worse than it is now. Used to be that the entire screen would vividly flash with pulsating colors any time Hulk was hurt, and it was vomit-inducing every single time. They got rid of it, thankfully, after enough people complained.

Nothing currently in the game holds a candle to the amount of nausea that power could produce.
  • Teno1 wrote:
    Welcome David icon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't listen to the complains about rosters the game is fine as it is.

I consider myself an optimists when it comes to this game, but even I have to reply on this one. The game is better than alot of people believe, but could definitely see improvement.

I meat about nerfing characters I don't like nerfing!

Actually David I take that back there is some thing that needs to be fixed. Please make the alliance reward a different cover than the the cover for top 20 it really sucks that the whole alliance worked really hard to get to top 100 and the ones that could place top ten or 20 because of time, life , rubber banding and other problems end up with two covers of the same color. It really sucks but other then that no more nerfing!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    All the remaining fake accounts are clustered in the first few pages of the recently joined list. Keeping that clean keeps the forums clean of spam. That's how I kept the forums clean from spambots for the two months where D3 abandoned us.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    bonebreak wrote:
    Can you give an update on what's going on with the tokens? Last we were told they were considering a couple options. Many of us have rewards we haven't cashed in yet waiting on this decision. We need to know what's going on.

Hi bonebreak,

I know this isn't what you want to hear - but I wanted to at least acknowledge the question. We don't have an update to share on this yet.
    This is a slightly confusing question / issue for someone new.

I would assume that any 1* token would give a slight chance for any character in the game. A large chance for 1*, smaller for 2*, very small 3*, and tiny 4* chances. Then the 2* tokens would be the same, except removing the 1* chances. All tokens would obviously give a chance at any character currently available / winnable from the moment after that character was first winnable. That's the obvious way you'd expect it to work.

But I think what is being discussed is that the tokens are missing several of the characters? That makes no sense at all. I think I read in another thread that you're worried about diluting the pool. Well diluting the pool is nowhere near as bad as never having a chance in the first place. "Diluting the pool" seems like it should be the default option until you come up with something you like better. "Leaving characters out" seems like the worst solution (other than being the simplest).

Am I understanding all this correctly or did I miss something here?