*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

1235734

Comments

  • 3/5/5 might be the best way to go, or 4/5/4. It seems that his red ability hits the hardest and it hits even harder with greens on the board. His black generates greens....useful for his red, useful for his green and useful for 2*wolvie. I'd say his black is pretty useful.
  • RonfarRonfar Age Unconfirmed Posts: 150
    why is 5 points getting put into black again? 150 damage at level 141 is pitiful ... is that really worth 2 points into black?

    You get an extra green tile for each point put into black.
  • why is 5 points getting put into black again? 150 damage at level 141 is pitiful ... is that really worth 2 points into black? especially as skydyne mentioned, only abilities will trigger it due to his high hp. they're probably just going to spam him down with a bunch of abilities so it won't get to the next round anyway.

    to be fair, green 3->5 is not great either. 3 more tiles destroyed is pretty awful scaling.

    idk, i just don't like this hero. his main thing is "he can take a beating". i don't think that's worth 141 levels of ISO.

    You are looking at it from a defense viewpoint. From an offensive standpoint, not only does he tank hits well with his really high HP, but you get something for it (assuming you are facing a team dangerous enough to trigger his black on match damage).

    No team does well on the defense. ANY dangerous character can just be bursted down with abilities. So pointing that out as a flaw applies to any other character. No character is good on the defensive. The AI is too dumb and the team on offense gets too many intrinsic advantages (choice of target, buffs, human thinking skills, ability to make 5-matches).
  • Ronfar wrote:
    why is 5 points getting put into black again? 150 damage at level 141 is pitiful ... is that really worth 2 points into black?

    You get an extra green tile for each point put into black.


    i completely overlooked this icon_lol.gif

    okay then its not bad at all icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Anybody know if his black damage is affected by strike tiles?+strike for each black tile anger destroyed +strike for the ensuing cascades could mean some very hefty damage. His lack of a truly destructive green (its not BAD though) means a team up with someone like wolvie would be pretty deadly. 5 black is too far away for me to check. Anybody have 5 black yet?
  • Anybody know if his black damage is affected by strike tiles?+strike for each black tile anger destroyed +strike for the ensuing cascades could mean some very hefty damage. His lack of a truly destructive green (its not BAD though) means a team up with someone like wolvie would be pretty deadly. 5 black is too far away for me to check. Anybody have 5 black yet?

    Yes. It is.

    And this is now the third time in this thread that it's been stated that it does. How dare you not read and memorize every post! icon_e_wink.gif
  • I noticed a guy who's kinda crazy and has a lv 140 Hulk already, and I looked into the skill a little bit..obviously, this guy is running 5/3/5, and I noticed the green power is kinda weak, at lv 140, the initial damage is slightly above 1k, tile destruction is 8+one for every two green ap the team has. if it was one for every ap, I'd definitely max it out. now I'm considering running 4/4/5, cuz the red power really deals a heck ton of damage, and that's what the Hulk does...you know...HULK SMASH!!! maybe I'll run 3/5/5, if there's any special effect for red power at level 5...
  • Does anyone have a Hulk with Black 4/5 and test this out? On the wiki it says:

    >Level 5: Increases Green tiles created to 5, damages allies for 20 and enemies for 39.

    I'm not sure if I really want 5 in Black if this is true...
  • Yup when it's increase to 5, it will deal damages to both allies and enemies.
    However i doubt it will happened as his over 5% damage is around 490. So either the enemies deal that amount of damage or it will nv happen.
    So take this as advice before deciding gg for 3/4/5.

    I am still considering whether should i go for above 3 at all. He's pretty useful as a high tanker to me.
  • Man I'm having a hard time with a build. I'm unsure whether Anger will activate much at all, and if I want to put it at 5 to possibly damage my other heroes. If he's a tank, I shouldn't give him another ability to hurt the squishy characters he's protecting.
  • Definitely going 5 black. It's true it won't trigger on normal attacks, but when I look at the most annoying enemies, it counters them all.

    Daken/Wolvy with their strike tile spam - triggers every time they have some on the board.
    Everybodys darling fake god - I've gotten up to 5 angers in a single round from his red - green - cascade spam
    High level boosted chars - also should trigger anger on every attack with their main colors, you can use 4 matches as honeypot for the AI
  • finwe wrote:
    Definitely going 5 black. It's true it won't trigger on normal attacks, but when I look at the most annoying enemies, it counters them all.

    Daken/Wolvy with their strike tile spam - triggers every time they have some on the board.
    Everybodys darling fake god - I've gotten up to 5 angers in a single round from his red - green - cascade spam
    High level boosted chars - also should trigger anger on every attack with their main colors, you can use 4 matches as honeypot for the AI
    Do you know what happens with the Anger hurting your allies thing? How much do they really get hurt? Let's say I use Anger to farm green for GSBW, which basically has half of Hulk's HP.
  • Well on the plus side, if you have attack tiles, the passive will damage them more they damage you. Damaging your allies, yeah, not cool.

    His red is bad imho. Costs 14-24 AP to deal 3k damage on 141, and it deals 1k damage EACH as an AOE to your allies, while targeting only ONE enemy. Lame.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Well on the plus side, if you have attack tiles, the passive will damage them more they damage you. Damaging your allies, yeah, not cool.

    His red is bad imho. Costs 14-24 AP to deal 3k damage on 141, and it deals 1k damage EACH as an AOE to your allies, while targeting only ONE enemy. Lame.

    It only hits your team if you are too lazy to count to 10. Otherwise eat up some green on the board real quick. It's not hard to manage.

    Ps mine hit for 9k. Read those descriptions!
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    Well on the plus side, if you have attack tiles, the passive will damage them more they damage you. Damaging your allies, yeah, not cool.

    His red is bad imho. Costs 14-24 AP to deal 3k damage on 141, and it deals 1k damage EACH as an AOE to your allies, while targeting only ONE enemy. Lame.

    It only hits your team if you are too lazy to count to 10. Otherwise eat up some green on the board real quick. It's not hard to manage.

    Ps mine hit for 9k. Read those descriptions!

    Hit for 9k when he's boosted, sure. Otherwise the only way to reach that amount is to have a L141 Hulk w/ 30 green, costing you 19 red and 10 green. Really, it should be AOE enemy team as well, with perhaps slightly reduced damage. The AP cost is just absurd.

    And yes, L5 Anger damages your team. For all of 71 points at max level. Really not something to be concerned about.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    _fulu_ wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    His red is bad imho. Costs 14-24 AP to deal 3k damage on 141, and it deals 1k damage EACH as an AOE to your allies, while targeting only ONE enemy. Lame.

    It only hits your team if you are too lazy to count to 10. Otherwise eat up some green on the board real quick. It's not hard to manage.
    Yeah, and meanwhile it drains the green you want to use for his other offensive skill, and he has a passive black generating more green you have to clear to safely use his red. I will only level red to increase his cap.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    I think a 5/5/3 build will suit him just fine. At over 9k health at max level, it seems that his passive gets less used as he levels up. 5% is still about 450 damage (approx.). And as you get up there, the reality seems that it will only be abilities that will truely activate it, and even then the massive damage you will take is only going to spawn a single countdown tile anyways.

    5/5/3 is gonna be my target build.

    Keep in mind his black passive is based on % current health, not % max health. When he gets to low health his black can easily activate 2-3 times in one turn.
  • Would 5/3/5 make the best defensive spec? Red cost a little too much and increasing the level won't decrease the ap cost. I think That's what I'll be going for with mine.
  • mischiefmakermischiefmaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 932
    grimeon wrote:
    Keep in mind his black passive is based on % current health, not % max health. When he gets to low health his black can easily activate 2-3 times in one turn.

    Wait what? Are you sure about this? I could swear it's % max health.
  • grimeon wrote:
    Keep in mind his black passive is based on % current health, not % max health. When he gets to low health his black can easily activate 2-3 times in one turn.

    Wait what? Are you sure about this? I could swear it's % max health.

    Fromm the way the description is worded I would think it means current health. As to whether or not we've had any official confirmation either way I have no idea.
Sign In or Register to comment.