*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Misguided wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    His black at level 5 looks like small raging tempest of storm classic. Nice. Super char for defense, 5/3/5 for sure

Yeah, definitely leaning that way. We will have to see how they hand his covers out. I don't see him as a character I want to spend hp on, to use primarily on defense.

I wouldn't spend HP on him either, but I also wouldn't do anything other than 5/3/5 just to level him up beyond whatever you're stuck at. Already pulled a red cover from a Gamma token, so now mine's at a truly scary L18.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but his green ability does damage for the tiles destroyed as well as its base damage.

A Rag/Hulk/Spiderman combo will be ok for offense and a major pain or at least time sink on defense.
  • Have deal with him in the avengers event - L140. He's not a difficult character to play against but if he pair with the right characters, i doubt anyone will love to play with him.

I have to use IM40 to stun lock him before I can deal seriously damage on him, fearing his passive black ability. A really cool character to have if you know how to use him correctly. icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • Bainee wrote:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but his green ability does damage for the tiles destroyed as well as its base damage.

A Rag/Hulk/Spiderman combo will be ok for offense and a major pain or at least time sink on defense.

Is there a character that DOESN'T do damage for the tiles they destroy?

@ sparksue... You are using Im 40 to stun?!?! Or do u mean using a 2/3 in yellow to help build blue for stunlock. Ps- if you answer wrong that makes you crazy lol.
  • Yup..I mean using IM40 blue ability to stun lock him before I can deal serious damage on him.
    He's a great character to use if the other 2 characters able to work well with him. Hope to see some guys using him correctly. icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • I think a 5/5/3 build will suit him just fine. At over 9k health at max level, it seems that his passive gets less used as he levels up. 5% is still about 450 damage (approx.). And as you get up there, the reality seems that it will only be abilities that will truely activate it, and even then the massive damage you will take is only going to spawn a single countdown tile anyways.

5/5/3 is gonna be my target build.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skyedyne wrote:
    I think a 5/5/3 build will suit him just fine. At over 9k health at max level, it seems that his passive gets less used as he levels up. 5% is still about 450 damage (approx.). And as you get up there, the reality seems that it will only be abilities that will truely activate it, and even then the massive damage you will take is only going to spawn a single countdown tile anyways.

5/5/3 is gonna be my target build.
    I'd agree with you if his red skill didn't also drain green and sometimes hurt your own team as well. It might be ok (not good, just ok) if it only did one of those, but together they make it a skill I have no interest in building past getting to the level cap. 5/3/5 it is.
  • Agree on 5/3/5, but just wanted to point out that Hulk now not only owns the crown for highest hp in the game, but also highest damage:

Magneto's purple @L5: 13 blue tiles * 636 dmg = 8268
    Hulk's red @L5: 2492 + 298 * 20 green AP = 8452

The presence of Hulk seems to elevate the importance of Spidey in the meta: when he's on defense, you need someone to stun him to avoid the passive (or use Magneto/Hulk to take him out in one shot, but even so you'll need to whittle him down a bit, and make sure you get the numbers right, which seems like more trouble than it's worth), and when he's on offense, seems like he'll want a healer to patch up any stray damage from the black passive.
  • Agree on 5/3/5, but just wanted to point out that Hulk now not only owns the crown for highest hp in the game, but also highest damage:

The presence of Hulk seems to elevate the importance of Spidey in the meta: when he's on defense, you need someone to stun him to avoid the passive (or use Magneto/Hulk to take him out in one shot, but even so you'll need to whittle him down a bit, and make sure you get the numbers right, which seems like more trouble than it's worth), and when he's on offense, seems like he'll want a healer to patch up any stray damage from the black passive.

If you have to sit on 20 green AP, I don't consider that more powerful. You're talking 34 total AP there (14 red, 20 green) whereas for only 22 purple mag can use his power twice.
  • Dexxter wrote:
    Agree on 5/3/5, but just wanted to point out that Hulk now not only owns the crown for highest hp in the game, but also highest damage:

If you have to sit on 20 green AP, I don't consider that more powerful. You're talking 34 total AP there (14 red, 20 green) whereas for only 22 purple mag can use his power twice.
    44 AP actually. 20 is what is leftover, but you need 30 to begin with. Even Rags, which everyone calls weak for some reason, does more damage per AP.

Honestly, I think clap -> smash combo would be more worthwhile for potential cascades.
  • 44 AP actually. 20 is what is leftover, but you need 30 to begin with. Even Rags, which everyone calls weak for some reason, does more damage per AP.

Honestly, I think clap -> smash combo would be more worthwhile for potential cascades.

Throw in board management as well, 1700ish damage to my team doesn't sound so fun so green on the board needs to be limited when you set off the the red. With your 30 green ap stocked up hopefully there aren't that many green tiles left on the board but I'm not that lucky icon_rolleyes.gif
  • In case folks are wondering, I just tested -- Anger's damage to the opposing team is affected by strike tiles, but Anger's damage to your own team is not.

Many Bothans died to bring us this information (well, ok, just three). For science, fellas.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    In case folks are wondering, I just tested -- Anger's damage to the opposing team is affected by strike tiles, but Anger's damage to your own team is not.

Many Bothans died to bring us this information (well, ok, just three). For science, fellas.

Defense works the similarly. The enemy's protect tiles reduce it's damage where as your own protect tiles do not reduce the damage to your team.
  • In case folks are wondering, I just tested -- Anger's damage to the opposing team is affected by strike tiles, but Anger's damage to your own team is not.

I had wondered about that, thanks.
  • Guys, just wondering abbout Hulk ability - does the black passive work based on his current health or the total health?
    I read the ability and it's mention 5% of his health - does it mean his 5% health is based on the current health he got in next turn?
    can anyone verify for us on this? If it's based on the current health he got and not the total health, his passive black is solid good.
  • sparksue wrote:
    Guys, just wondering abbout Hulk ability - does the black passive work based on his current health or the total health?
    I read the ability and it's mention 5% of his health - does it mean his 5% health is based on the current health he got in next turn?
    can anyone verify for us on this? If it's based on the current health he got and not the total health, his passive black is solid good.

Max.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    I can't decide which would be more annoying on defense, Hulk/Rag/Daken or Hulk/Rag/Spidey
  • Hulk/Rag/Daken sounds more annoying to me.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kyosokun wrote:
    Hulk/Rag/Daken sounds more annoying to me.
    Daken dies a lot easier though. Max leveled spidey actually has a pretty good amount of health, especially once he starts getting purple protects out
  • why is 5 points getting put into black again? 150 damage at level 141 is pitiful ... is that really worth 2 points into black? especially as skydyne mentioned, only abilities will trigger it due to his high hp. they're probably just going to spam him down with a bunch of abilities so it won't get to the next round anyway.

to be fair, green 3->5 is not great either. 3 more tiles destroyed is pretty awful scaling.

idk, i just don't like this hero. his main thing is "he can take a beating". i don't think that's worth 141 levels of ISO.