*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

1282930313234»

Comments

• 5 black is mandatory because it adds AOE damage to the enemy team when the countdown goes off. Even if you get a big cascade from 4 black, it's only damaging the lead enemy character. With 5 black they all get hit by the full force of Patch's strike tiles with every shot of Anger.

The aoe damage is to your team as well so it can attrition your team as well.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soylent wrote:
    5 black is mandatory because it adds AOE damage to the enemy team when the countdown goes off. Even if you get a big cascade from 4 black, it's only damaging the lead enemy character. With 5 black they all get hit by the full force of Patch's strike tiles with every shot of Anger.

The aoe damage is to your team as well so it can attrition your team as well.
    Strike tiles add damage to the opposing team but not to your team. That's why Hulkbombing is a thing - each Anger countdown does a fair bit of damage to all opponents and neglible damage to your team.
  • Good to know, thanks.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I allways wonder why Hulk´s red have a recoil and does not have an AoE, i mean, i don´t mind recoils, in fact, Supernova is one of my favorite skills in the game, because is wort it. However, Hulk smash just not worth it the recoil, even if you have enough green to boost its damage. This should changed, just look at nick fury Avengers Assemble, Hulk does AoE damage, why the original Hulk cant do that?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    ArcanaMoon wrote:
    I allways wonder why Hulk´s red have a recoil and does not have an AoE, i mean, i don´t mind recoils, in fact, Supernova is one of my favorite skills in the game, because is wort it. However, Hulk smash just not worth it the recoil, even if you have enough green to boost its damage. This should changed, just look at nick fury Avengers Assemble, Hulk does AoE damage, why the original Hulk cant do that?
    The recoil is avoidable, and honestly if you pair him with some characters (i.e. Daken/wolverine/Spiderman (who can lessen the impact with bandaids) ) then its almost doesn't matter. I think its fitting to character, and giving him an AoE with the low cost and huge scaling of his red would be absurd. I'd pay 14 red for a 5.4k nuke any day of the week, and thats with only 3 covers.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    I'd pay 14 red for a 5.4k nuke any day of the week, and thats with only 3 covers.
    How many real-life dollar$ would you pay for it? #don'tgivethedevsideas
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    ArcanaMoon wrote:
    The recoil is avoidable, and honestly if you pair him with some characters (i.e. Daken/wolverine/Spiderman (who can lessen the impact with bandaids) ) then its almost doesn't matter. I think its fitting to character, and giving him an AoE with the low cost and huge scaling of his red would be absurd. I'd pay 14 red for a 5.4k nuke any day of the week, and thats with only 3 covers.

I dont want low cost, all i want is if there are enough green on the board, hulk damage the target and 30% is done to EVERYONE ELSE, something like carnage.

the problem is Hulk´s recoil is not a worth it recoil and make no sense at all. Hulk falls from the sky with his to fist over his enemy, and is your team the one sufering the shockwave of the impact?.

Beside, to do 5.4K damege you need to have 14 redtile.png and 30 greentile.png try to get that much green with out using it...
  • Blahahah
    ArcanaMoon wrote:
    ArcanaMoon wrote:

I dont want low cost, all i want is if there are enough green on the board, hulk damage the target and 30% is done to EVERYONE ELSE, something like carnage.

the problem is Hulk´s recoil is not a worth it recoil and make no sense at all. Hulk falls from the sky with his to fist over his enemy, and is your team the one sufering the shockwave of the impact?.

Beside, to do 5.4K damege you need to have 14 redtile.png and 30 greentile.png try to get that much green with out using it...

Well I play with Daken so I get a bunch of damage from the free swords, but I know what you mean now. I thought you meant it doing full damage to the enemy and I was like "wat".
    But I get you now. Yeah, him blipping everyone would make more sense than hit punching both of his friends and then himself in the balls.
  • aye, his red needs to be AoE, I've been a member of that church for a while now. As it stands he really only has one attack (which sucks), turning him to just an aggro tank. For someone so strong in the MU, he's completely ignorable in his current form.
    - Unreall
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    aye, his red needs to be AoE, I've been a member of that church for a while now. As it stands he really only has one attack (which sucks), turning him to just an aggro tank. For someone so strong in the MU, he's completely ignorable in his current form.
    - Unreall

agreed:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34801 <--topic on balancing 3 stars

icon_hulk.png The Hulk
    POWER COST redtile.png 14
    The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's BLACK AP and damaging the target for 657 plus 44 to the enemy team for each black AP remaining. Does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.
    At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 2503 damage to the target plus 209 to enemy team for each Black AP remaining.
    Level 4: Deals 2712 damage to the target plus 261 to enemy team for each Black AP remaining.
    Level 5: Deals 2920 damage to the target plus 348 to enemy team for each Black AP remaining.

I think this would make the hulk much more interesting his red currently is a joke, sure it can do great damage but the computer will never use it properly and he has no way to spend black AP which he can tank giving him team damage for the extra over 10 could be really interesting.
  • Blahahah
    aye, his red needs to be AoE, I've been a member of that church for a while now. As it stands he really only has one attack (which sucks), turning him to just an aggro tank. For someone so strong in the MU, he's completely ignorable in his current form.
    - Unreall

agreed:

icon_hulk.png The Hulk
    The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's BLACK AP and damaging the target for 657 plus 44 to the enemy team for each black AP remaining. Does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.
    At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 2503 damage to the target plus 209 to enemy team for each Black AP remaining.
    Level 4: Deals 2712 damage to the target plus 261 to enemy team for each Black AP remaining.
    Level 5: Deals 2920 damage to the target plus 348 to enemy team for each Black AP remaining.

I think this would make the hulk much more interesting his red currently is a joke, sure it can do great damage but the computer will never use it properly and he has no way to spend black AP which he can tank giving him team damage for the extra over 10 could be really interesting.

Only thing is do we really need another team for Iron Fist to bum himself into?
  • agreed:

icon_hulk.png The Hulk
    At Max Level:

I don't even CARE about what the computer does with my team, my expectation is the team will lose anytime some one fights it no matter who I throw out there, the only worthwhile defense is people not playing against you. With that said, his red falls in line with IM40s attacks - the requirements are way too high (14 red AP), with no way to push himself there like SW or Cyclops, and way too much in the way of stipulations (draining team AP pool AND hurting the team). Just to pour listerine on the wound, - you most likely use his red when he is the last character - offense and defense, which means there is a good chance he's being hit and spawning greens all over the board, increasing the chance that he'll blow himself up.

It is honestly just horrible synergy. IF it is going to drain AP, have a high AP cost, AND hurt your own team, it needs to do way more than what it currently does. Period.
    - Unreall
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Every time I stumble upon Hulk and his pinpoint accuracy precision abilities, I can't but compare them to GSBW's tankbuster pistol and anti-matter (and no, I didn't misspell anti-materiel) rifle. And even to the Hoods blockbusting twin-peashooters.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    - Unreall

agreed:

icon_hulk.png The Hulk
    At Max Level:

I was just thinking how the alteration of Hulk's redflag.png ability made into AoE damage would make him more useful. The use of blacktile.png AP also would make sense. It makes his powers synergistic to each other and not detrimental.
    Kudos to your idea for a re-format!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    I can see Hulk hasn't been discussed in a while.
    For me, he's next in line for leveling up / champing.

I always believed him to be super-important and after spending 2 weeks on maximizing Gamora and Psylocke I was happy to focus on a good character, but now I see he obviously isn't that popular.

Do you consider him to essential?
    Hulkbombing is still a viable tactic, so you can get good use out of him.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    mexus wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    mexus wrote:

I always believed him to be super-important and after spending 2 weeks on maximizing Gamora and Psylocke I was happy to focus on a good character, but now I see he obviously isn't that popular.

Yeah, that I'll do. icon_e_smile.gif
    How does he team up with Kamala? Doesn't he feed her greens like mad?

With the right set up, he can feed her green but I found it's better in some situation to feed green to himself. Using his green will activate Kamala's passive, healing him and thus making it possible for him to keep getting angry without losing all of his health.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako wrote:
    mexus wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    mexus wrote:

Yeah, that I'll do. icon_e_smile.gif
    How does he team up with Kamala? Doesn't he feed her greens like mad?

With the right set up, he can feed her green but I found it's better in some situation to feed green to himself. Using his green will activate Kamala's passive, healing him and thus making it possible for him to keep getting angry without losing all of his health.

Usually its better to just use Embiggened Bash to save on HP by ending the match earlier. Even against one target it will almost certainly do better damage than Thunderous Clap.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Can I please ask why 5-3-5 is considered the ultimate build? I mean, the smash is more powerful than the clap. If used with caution smash won't hurt his own team, and the greens he collect could be used to superfeed another (for instance Kamala).

His red is a terrible power. It's expensive at 14 AP, sucking up to another 10 green AP, and potentially damages your entire team in the process. There are waaaay better options for red among teammates.

His offensive capabilities are sadly overshadowed by a large portion of the 3-star tier and The Hulk is best used as a meaty green battery when tanking all 3 of his colors for someone else, taking hits so his black generates green for a desired teammate who can put it to better use.

His green does straightforward damage and is an awesome board-shaker if needed.

Thus, 5/3/5 is typically considered the optimal build.