*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    An alliance mate reported this issue, so I tried it and confirmed it is happening as well:

Hulk - Smash only does the base damage, and does not add the damage for each green AP. The AP are still consumed, but no extra damage.
  • Smash only does bonus damage for the Green AP you have remaining after your first 10 are consumed. If you have 10 or less green AP, you'll have no AP after spending ten, so you get no bonus damage.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Ah. Thank you, I can see how it can be interpreted that way now. That's a description that really needs to be rewritten for clarity.

Also, that power really sucks then. 10 red and as much as 10 green with no extra damage? Boo.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    Ah. Thank you, I can see how it can be interpreted that way now. That's a description that really needs to be rewritten for clarity.

Also, that power really sucks then. 10 red and as much as 10 green with no extra damage? Boo.
    Yeah, you're almost always better off using all your green AP first to do Thunderous Clap or a better green, then using his red if you have no better red skills *and* there aren't too many green on the board...
  • This might seem like a noob question, but I have no idea what hulkbombing is. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk / Patch / X

Patch casts Green, gives both teams big strike tiles.
    Make a match that Hulk tanks.
    Every time they make a tile match, they trigger Hulk's black passive thanks to their strike tiles boosting their match damage.
    Hulk's passive does huge team-wide damage to them thanks to your strike tiles.
  • Arondite wrote:
    Hulk / Patch / X

Every time they make a tile match, they trigger Hulk's black passive thanks to their strike tiles boosting their match damage.

ok I see thanks for the insight I appreciate it!

But: won't the anger tiles match your strike tiles since patch gives friendly green and opponent purple?
  • Arondite
    Koko81 wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Hulk / Patch / X

ok I see thanks for the insight I appreciate it!

But: won't the anger tiles match your strike tiles since patch gives friendly green and opponent purple?

It's always a possibility, but by that time you've usually either guaranteed a win off that huge AoE damage or generated enough green to slam down a fresh new set.
  • Ok perfect thanks a lot man for the quick reply!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Also.....KABOOOM!!!! use a third dude that heals fast for recovery icon_e_smile.gif
  • Just redo Berserker Rage if you matched enough of the greens via Anger.
  • Great tip. Should Hulk always be below Patch's level to make it more successful, or the other way around?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    You want Hulk to tank as many colors as possible, for more chances at Anger triggering, so Hulk should be a few levels lower.
  • Arondite
    You want Hulk to tank as many colors as possible, for more chances at Anger triggering, so Hulk should be a few levels lowerhigher.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    You want Hulk to tank as many colors as possible, for more chances at Anger triggering, so Hulk should be a few levels lowerhigher.

Whoops icon_lol.gif yes, you want Hulk to be higher. I have made the Typo Gods angry today.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    A tip: use Psylocke for 3rd. Psy-katana can keep proc-ing those strike tiles every turn for extra damage. Hulk tanks black for Psylocke.
  • if hulk and patch are same level make sure hulk is in the center. they have the same green/red match damage so if hulk is center and patch right or left, hulk will tank. if there is a required character in the center spot, put hulk on the left patch on the right, ie

hulk.. xx.. patch.

you can hulk bomb to punch above your level and take out overscaled pve nodes but it is really health pack intensive and can backfire obnoxiously sometimes if the enemy matches away your strikes really fast as your anger damage drops to nothing without the strike amplification.

i use blade as a third for more strikes and keep your enemies closer is ridic after patch berserker rage.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    if hulk and patch are same level make sure hulk is in the center. they have the same green/red match damage so if hulk is center and patch right or left, hulk will tank. if there is a required character in the center spot, put hulk on the left patch on the right, ie

hulk.. xx.. patch.

you can hulk bomb to punch above your level and take out overscaled pve nodes but it is really health pack intensive and can backfire obnoxiously sometimes if the enemy matches away your strikes really fast as your anger damage drops to nothing without the strike amplification.

i use blade as a third for more strikes and keep your enemies closer is ridic after patch berserker rage.
    Most of the times when I Hulkbomb I only need to use a single healthpack afterwards, on Hulk himself. Good call on Blade, going to have to try him out...
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    KYEC is 10 purple AP. Psi-katana is only 6 black AP. So in overscaled PvE nodes, need to get those BR and PK ready ASAP.

Another option is Punisher, since molotov does AoE and become attack tiles later. Not sure if Hulk tanks black for Punisher, though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    hurcules wrote:
    KYEC is 10 purple AP. Psi-katana is only 6 black AP. So in overscaled PvE nodes, need to get those BR and PK ready ASAP.

Another option is Punisher, since molotov does AoE and become attack tiles later. Not sure if Hulk tanks black for Punisher, though.
    He does not. Black is Punisher's strongest color.