*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Even more ISO-8 for when that time comes. If you feel it make be taking to long, you can pump it into other 2* to increase your selection. Me personally, I don't dump ISO into a 3* unless they are 3/3/3 at least for the most part of have 5 in a really good skill.

I'm pretty full on the 2*...from what I have read not worth the spot for moonstone or bag lol
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I have my Hulk at 5/4/4 right now, Do you guys think I'm better off going 5/3/5? Is the damage to my team worth the one extra green tile?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    I have my Hulk at 5/4/4 right now, Do you guys think I'm better off going 5/3/5? Is the damage to my team worth the one extra green tile?

The damage to your team is minuscule. The damage to the enemy team can be quite good if you have strike targets on your side. 5 black has been a staple for Hulk.
  • eidehua wrote:

The damage to your team is minuscule. The damage to the enemy team can be quite good if you have strike targets on your side. 5 black has been a staple for Hulk.

The extra green tile also gives a higher chance for green cascades, to fuel your clap (or some other green ability). And yes, the damage to your team is very small, while the damage to the enemy can be good if you have strike tiles, like when an enemy Patch casts Berserker Rage on your Hulk.
  • When Wolverine berserker rages your hulk, its auto win if you have 5 black.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    onimus wrote:
    When Wolverine berserker rages your hulk, its auto win if you have 5 black.
    True story. Best part is that berserker plus one match will usually put out enough green to get rid of most of their strike tiles on green but leaving you with the ones on purple. If they last through the damage from the 5B Anger, easy kill in maybe another turn or two. icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had bad experiences trying this strategy vs. Rags, because all the greens on the board means he can start looping his red and green powers, and with all the strike tiles on the board, the resulting cascades can take Hulk down pretty quickly.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went against Hulk and he survived a WR with sacrafice icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gif . All 3 of my characters were killed by the following anger icon_e_sad.gif I am just glad I wasn't trying to shield hop I just really wanted to see what would happen.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    wymtime wrote:
    I went against Hulk and he survived a WR with sacrafice icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gif . All 3 of my characters were killed by the following anger icon_e_sad.gif I am just glad I wasn't trying to shield hop I just really wanted to see what would happen.
    Heh, usually I would just retreat if that's the case. But the first time I had Hulk surviving WR with Sacrifice strike tiles matched away in the beginning sequence due to cascade, and only 3 or 4 Daken strike tiles left, my phone went to power-saving mode half way through.

Since then, I'm extra careful against Hulk while Sentry bombing.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    not sure if Daken tile strength respec was a buff or nerf to Hulk. It's bad because Hulk has to tank Green, but it's good that Hulk tanks green, because it increase Anger triggering, so I'm not sure on this one. My gut tells me it's a buff, if Hulk didn't have 2x healing I would say nerf, but him being able to tank green and paired with Daken seems like win/win which is sad when you want a guy to take damage icon_e_confused.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because of it's high cost and team damage, I rarely see Hulk's Smash at level 5. Remove the consumption and the 10 limit.
      Smash - Red 14 redtile.png
      The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's greentile.png and damaging the target for 284 plus 19 for each Green AP remaining. Does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.
        Level 2: 312 base damage. 24 damage for each
      greentile.png remaining.
      Level 3: 341 base damage. 29 damage for each greentile.png consumed, up to 10.
      Level 4: 369 base damage. 36 damage for each greentile.png consumed, up to 10.
      Level 5: 398 base damage. 48 damage for each greentile.png owned, without consuming them.
      Max Level: 2920 base damage. 348 damage for each greentile.png owned (348x30 + 2920 = 13360 damage).
    • simonsez
      ... or make it aoe, so the cost is worth it.
    • Kolence
      Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
      Because of it's high cost and team damage, I rarely see Hulk's Smash at level 5. Remove the consumption and the 10 limit.
        Smash - Red 14 redtile.png
        The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's greentile.png and damaging the target for 284 plus 19 for each Green AP remaining. Does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.
          Level 2: 312 base damage. 24 damage for each
        greentile.png remaining.
        Level 3: 341 base damage. 29 damage for each greentile.png consumed, up to 10.
        Level 4: 369 base damage. 36 damage for each greentile.png consumed, up to 10.
        Level 5: 398 base damage. 48 damage for each greentile.png owned, without consuming them.
        Max Level: 2920 base damage. 348 damage for each greentile.png owned (348x30 + 2920 = 13360 damage).
        Wait, with 30 greentile.png at the moment of casting, wouldn't it do more damage with 1 or 2 covers than with 3 or 4?
        Consumes up to 10
        level 1 does 20 x 24
        level 4 does 10 x 36
        How about, with each cover reduce the amount of greentile.png consumed (from 10 to just 2 AP), and always count the remaining AP for damage, like it does now. Level 5 would do 700 less damage but no drop from going 2 -> 3.
      • Who's the troll who voted 5/4/4 as the best build for Hulk? hahahaha
      • Jathro
        Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
        onimus wrote:
        Who's the troll who voted 5/4/4 as the best build for Hulk? hahahaha
        Someone who read 5 black and thought "no way do i want my team damaged" but didn't realize it's insignificant
      • Pwuz_
        Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
        onimus wrote:
        Who's the troll who voted 5/4/4 as the best build for Hulk? hahahaha

Someone who voted for their 2 preferred builds rather than the universally accepted one BEST build.
      • ayatorahxephon
        ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
        I want to ask a really newbie question about hulk... i have max covers and currently at level 101. I am not sure should I max him up as my friend suggest to keep his hp low so even a critical or 4 tiles match will trigger anger on him. Should I max him up or just leave him be?
      • simonsez
        Go ahead and level him. The extra health is worth it. Just look at your potential PvP opponents. Do you see more Hulks at lv166 or lv100? They can't all be wrong.
      • I want to ask a really newbie question about hulk... i have max covers and currently at level 101. I am not sure should I max him up as my friend suggest to keep his hp low so even a critical or 4 tiles match will trigger anger on him. Should I max him up or just leave him be?
        You'll still be procing plenty of angers at max level.

Remember, they have to kill Hulk somehow.

So they either widdle him down 500 health at a time, to avoid anger, or they deal with the anger.

Either way, you are at the advantage. If they widdle by 500 health, that gives your team all the time it needs to build up enough AP to destroy them.

Or they hit him hard and take a bunch of anger tiles and create the likely possibility of deadly cascades for you.

Win-win.

Hulk's best feature is as a deterrent due to how long it takes to safely down him. He's well worth level 166.
      • wymtime wrote:
        Just have to be smart about the order. I usually pick the character in front of hulk to fight first, beat them up while getting my colors for WR+S. Cast WR, then cast S, hit them again, assuming it isn't another tank, they usually are 'half folding' at that point, if hood has 5 in intimidation, go for it, otherwise sit on it, hitting him a few more times with the sacrifice strike tile. When WR goes off, Hulk will get all the WR damage, and if you did it right - the first couple of WR would have killed the person in front of Hulk, leaving all the strike enhanced cascade damage to hit hulk.

The last part about that? WR causes so many cascades, that it usually powers up at LEAST Sentry's red if not another hood black or some attack from the third character...Hulk should die everytime.
        - Unreall