*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the C.Mags nerf coming withing the next few months. Does the value of Hulk go up? When the perma-turns are done as C.Mags will more than likely be unable to spam, facing down a team of Daken/Sentry/Hulk will anyone want to take this on? Will Hulk illicit insta skips? I'm very curious.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    With the C.Mags nerf coming withing the next few months. Does the value of Hulk go up? When the perma-turns are done as C.Mags will more than likely be unable to spam, facing down a team of Daken/Sentry/Hulk will anyone want to take this on? Will Hulk illicit insta skips? I'm very curious.
    Hulk imo is still tough and annoying. Anyway who says hes not tough obviously uses boost, which means he is. Level 166 hulk has too much health and if you slip up and use a power move on him your ****. Hulk is in my top 5 of favorite marvel characters so im happy with him being so strong.

Yes i agree with you hulk, sentry and daken all maxed is a auto skip for me. Not worth the time. Even using boosts against that team will still prolly suck.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hulk isn't necessarily hard to beat but it he does tend to make the fight drag on for longer than the attacker would like. This makes late-event shield-hopping a problem but it isn't too bad for early on.

He's a good counter to Strike tile generators--especialy Daken--because once you get 4+ strike tiles on the board every match will generate an Anger tile. I can't remember who said it, but someone once compared Hulk with less than 4 black covers to an Angry pinata--hit him hard enough and green candy comes out!

If the attacker is using Sentry he has to make sure that World Rupture will down Hulk or he will drown in a sea of green tiles. This generally necessitates triggering Sacrifice which will take off a good chunk of Sentry's health which obviously leads to health pack usage.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the other hand, if you don't have enough strike tiles down to trigger anger, a single anger tile from using a power rarely does much good. Especially if you've been picking out green matches to power your own moves. LT eats him alive in 3 moves, the only possible danger is if 1. you have enough strike tiles that cascade trigger anger and 2. the yellow doesn't cascade enough for you to call the thunder, but leaves enough green for him to cascade. Otherwise, the only other time he's a threat is if your sacrifice tile is matched during WR (if the enemy matches it away manually, you probably aren't triggering anger any more)
  • I have played this game for almost 3 months + now, almost every 3* has been featured at least once, twice and some THREE times (Doom/Loki/Rag...) and have yet to see ONE Hulk featured PVP or as as PVE reward (other than ONE red Hulk progress cover)... whats with that??
  • Vanapak wrote:
    I have played this game for almost 3 months + now, almost every 3* has been featured at least once, twice and some THREE times (Doom/Loki/Rag...) and have yet to see ONE Hulk featured PVP or as as PVE reward (other than ONE red Hulk progress cover)... whats with that??
    They don't want to run a Hulk PvP because the buffed Hulks will have 20k hp and it will shine a bright spotlight on the massive grind that every PvP has become
  • Super Hulk would survive Sacrifice + World Rupture. Would be interesting to see what the shield hoppers would do.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Super Hulk would survive Sacrifice + World Rupture. Would be interesting to see what the shield hoppers would do.
    Let's not think about that. To many Anger countdowns to go off.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Super Hulk would survive Sacrifice + World Rupture. Would be interesting to see what the shield hoppers would do.
    Follow World Rupture with a Supernova. That should be enough to take down a Super Hulk, especially if you were targeting him for match damage.
  • Spoit
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Let's not think about that. To many Anger countdowns to go off.
    On the other hand, with that much HP, anger would almost never go off with anything else
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Follow World Rupture with a Supernova. That should be enough to take down a Super Hulk, especially if you were targeting him for match damage.
    I winced. That's a Health Pack munching combo right there.
  • Is it worth lvl hulk to 91? Or wait till I can get him over 100?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    eris-wtga wrote:
    Is it worth lvl hulk to 91? Or wait till I can get him over 100?
    How many blacks do you have? I wouldn't level him until you're sure he won't just be feeding the other team green. Also, Thor/Ares will be better overall for a while before Hulk becomes useful.
  • How many blacks do you have? I wouldn't level him until you're sure he won't just be feeding the other team green. Also, Thor/Ares will be better overall for a while before Hulk becomes useful.

Just one..Im just itching to start moving my 3* I guess..thanks (my 2* are maxed)
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    eris-wtga wrote:
    How many blacks do you have? I wouldn't level him until you're sure he won't just be feeding the other team green. Also, Thor/Ares will be better overall for a while before Hulk becomes useful.

Just one..Im just itching to start moving my 3* I guess..thanks (my 2* are maxed)
    Bank that ISO-8. Don't get impatient and drop it on something early when you could put it towards something better later.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eris-wtga wrote:

Hulk's so miserable on offense anyways that even your 2*s are better than him until he gets to near max level, and even then I'd take the offensive capabilities of an Ares or someone over Hulk anyways. Save your iso for characters that are better.
  • eris-wtga wrote:

Hulk's so miserable on offense anyways that even your 2*s are better than him until he gets to near max level, and even then I'd take the offensive capabilities of an Ares or someone over Hulk anyways. Save your iso for characters that are better.
    I disagree.

Hulk's ability to generate greens, tank the big hits and clear the board when necessary make him a very potent combo with anyone who's squishy but strong and benefits from greens, like Patch, Punisher, LDaken or even Thor or Sentry, although they aren't squishy, they love the green generation.

You don't get the kind of tanking or board clear from Ares.
  • Spoit
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    eris-wtga wrote:

I disagree.

Hulk's ability to generate greens, tank the big hits and clear the board when necessary make him a very potent combo with anyone who's squishy but strong and benefits from greens, like Patch, Punisher, LDaken or even Thor or Sentry, although they aren't squishy, they love the green generation.

You don't get the kind of tanking or board clear from Ares.
    But you do get it from LT or sentry
  • Bank that ISO-8. Don't get impatient and drop it on something early when you could put it towards something better later.

But later is a long way off...
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    eris-wtga wrote:
    Bank that ISO-8. Don't get impatient and drop it on something early when you could put it towards something better later.

But later is a long way off...
    Even more ISO-8 for when that time comes. If you feel it make be taking to long, you can pump it into other 2* to increase your selection. Me personally, I don't dump ISO into a 3* unless they are 3/3/3 at least for the most part of have 5 in a really good skill.