*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Options

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Basically, you'll need to stun him, control his tiles, or do 9000 damage in one turn.

Black Panther (12), BWGS (15), LCap (11), Human Torch (8), CMags(10), LThor (12, 14), Patch (14), Ares (10, 5, 10), and
    Iron Man (20, 13) can all do a good chunk of 9000 damage.

CMags, LCap, Falcon, Hood, BWGS, Moonstone, Invisible Woman, Bagman, XForce, and Bullseye can all remove or control an Anger tile.

LCap, Daredevil, Spiderman, CStorm can stun him.

There's one tactic I'm not sure about ... use MN Mags for an "Erase the Board" Iron Hammer, and hit Hulk hard right before it goes off. But I don't know if Iron Hammer would go off before Anger.
  • Unknown
    Options
    3/5/5 Punisher works well for me. Match all Green, then red, then black. Usually can get a ton of AP, then unload everything down to 40% of his HP and hit him for the kill.

3/5/5 Patch is my go-to in Shield Versus. Patch sits in the middle, get 14 red = dead hulk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's one tactic I'm not sure about ... use MN Mags for an "Erase the Board" Iron Hammer, and hit Hulk hard right before it goes off. But I don't know if Iron Hammer would go off before Anger.
    Don't think that'd work. The anger tiles go off as soon as it's his turn again, they won't sit around long enough for one of your tiles to go off
  • Unknown
    Options
    With the nerf to spiderman too, hulk's anger is a real threat... Now that nobody really uses spidey to stunlock hulk to hell anymore.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Enemy's Anger fires off at the end of your turn, so there's no way any CD abilities can stop it since they fire at the end of the enemy's turn.

You should still use your match 3 damage on anyone more dangerous than Hulk (which should be anyone but Hulk usually).

A typical Thunder Strike -> Call the Storm combo is around 7K damage, so you just need 2K damage from someone else if you got Thor. Of course, sometimes you can do way less than that, like if Thunder Strike somehow didn't cascade and gave you enough to do Call the Storm, but it's generally pretty reliable. If you're not using strike tiles, there shouldn't be much danger in triggering Anger except on match 4/5s. If you do have strike tiles, you either need someone who can beat Anger very easily (like Magneto), or you might actually need to think about skipping Hulk, because you can easily find yourself in a situation where you've piled up enough strike tiles where every match 3 triggers Anger, and that is very bad.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I usually run 3/5/5 LT + 4/4/5 CMags.

Unless there's an OBW or Hood on the team, I focus all match damage on Hulk while reserving all early-game damage abilities on getting his teammates below 2K health (for an off-focus CTS KO), then one-shot him in a single turn with multiple nukes: CMags MagTrans (up to 8K dmg with my 5P) + LT Thunder Strike (2K dmg) + LT CTS (focused on Hulk, 4K dmg) all in one turn. Usually, given a board that isn't MagTrans-hostile and the match damage I 've already dealt him, Thunder Strike is unnecessary for his KO, so I sometimes just use it on his teammate as part of my general CTS prep.

Note: make sure to deny green so he doesn't Clap you to death out of the blue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Viable tactic no. 1: Skip him.

Viable tactic no. 2: Patch + CMags.

Viable tactic no. 3: Gather tons of AP and deal with him in one turn.

Viable tactic no. 4: If You can afford to focus on him, weaken him with match damage, then kill in one turn.

Personally I find tactic no. 1 the safest - I have exactly zero loses to Hulk when I use it.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anyone else think 3/5/5 Hulk would be just as viable as 5/3/5? We all know Anger is his best ability, just wondering thoughts?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    anyone else think 3/5/5 Hulk would be just as viable as 5/3/5? We all know Anger is his best ability, just wondering thoughts?
    It's not like people use him for anything other than the black anyway
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I don't think it's bad other than Anger feeds Thunderous Clap.

If you have someone else (still alive) that can use the green, you'd be fine.

But if Hulk is alone, Anger isn't doing you as much good outside of the cascade damage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    icnh.png

And then he died.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OMG so many hits, you must have had 30 red when you started widdling him down.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best I could do was 9 anger tiles. You win the "Make Hulk Angry" competition.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nice work. I had the same idea at some point, but never got that high.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It wasn't on purpose. I took down the last enemy before Hulk with CMagneto's blue while having just activated Patch's green. It cascaded a bit and suddenly I had a lvl 141 Hulk with 5 Anger-CDs on the field. At this point I was scared to let him ever take a turn and kept hitting him with self-replenishing blues and some red and got lucky in the end.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe he's just hungry.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I suppose you just couldn't "Leave Hulk Alone"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hulk is busy playing at the World Cup.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    You missed a black tile in the top right corner! icon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

I could see the vein in his temple throbbing!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe he's just hungry.
    Or maybe very constipated.