Options

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    black: never, the other two I'd estimate about 126 -- there must be tables in the Characters forum with values.

edit: correct number looks like 124
  • Finally got the last black cover for Hulk. You guys think I should max him out? what is the best bang for your buck level?
  • Red is both their second strongest color, hulk will only tank it if they're the same level and hulk is center. Black is punisher's strongest and hulk's weakest, so never.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,270 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk would match red & green at level 124 to answer your question (according to the data on the wiki anyway).

Red is Hulk's second color and red is Punisher's third btw. If both we're at 141, Hulk would match green and red, black for Punisher.

Just look at the order of their skills if you want to know what color they match the strongest. Hulk's skills are green/red/black so those are his strong colors in that order. Some characters don't follow that but most do.
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    Hulk would match red & green at level 124 to answer your question (according to the data on the wiki anyway).

Red is Hulk's second color and red is Punisher's third btw. If both we're at 141, Hulk would match green and red, black for Punisher.

Just look at the order of their skills if you want to know what color they match the strongest. Hulk's skills are green/red/black so those are his strong colors in that order. Some characters don't follow that but most do.

Last time I said that it was pointed out there are exceptions and I went through all the characters, and found that the color strength matching their skills about 80% of the time and I think all the characters released recently (say, Punisher or later) follows this pattern.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    If Punisher is maxed, the Hulk will tank red for him starting from level 122, green - definitely from level 123 but maybe at 122 too (the value would be 60 for both, but it's not integral, so might be off in reality).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in general:

At 141, tile damage is 67/60/52 (12/11/10)

For a primary color to hit 60 (and thus, be able to avoid going in front of the tank's secondary color), that's level 122 or 123, not sure if the rounding would put the other one in front at 123, so 122 is probably safer

For a tertiary color at 52, you can level up to 102/3

For tertiary vs secondary, you'd be looking at 119/120.

(you can fit in only about 3 levels before a primary color or secondary starts being tanked, if you don't have that color covered elsewhere, and only get to level 20 before the tertiary color is taken from an off-color tank)

2*s like OBW have 50/45/39, so the theoretical break even point is 97 for 3*s, but if you want the 2*'s primary to tank vs a 3* secondary (say, OBW vs spidey), you're good up to 114, vs a tertiary, up to 136.

And as always, if there's a tie, tile priority goes center->left->right. Not sure if it ignores that if there's a crit environmental match with someone with a higher multiplier but the same environmental match rating
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I'm in a fight using Hulk and its down to just me against OBW in Simulator. I have Anger at level 5 and 500 hit points left so in theory almost everytime I get hit Anger should go off yet it doesn't. Of course when Hulk is on the opposing team it fires off every turn.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's based off your max hps, not current hps.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    It's based off your max hps, not current hps.

Ahh...makes sense then, thank you!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I once thought it was based on current health. Now I'm not sure if it changed, or I just didn't notice until I leveled him up enough that it takes a critical or skill to trigger it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think with the introduction of Classic Daken, Hulk is about to see a lot more use on defense.
  • Dirchicake
    Dirchicake Posts: 25
    Options
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with smash? My hulk is level 141, 5/3/5. It appears that smash only does extra damage if I have 10 or more green AP. It still consumes green for less than ten, but does no extra damage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That is working as intended. >10 green and you get the extradamage. <11 he just eats your green. It must say something about remaining green tiles in the tooltip. the german tooltip is pretty clear about how it works.
  • Dirchicake
    Dirchicake Posts: 25
    Options
    I get it now! I misread it before
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Despite the Spidey nerf, people are still saying he's easy, and I don't get it. I can't stand going up against him. If I'm too aggressive, Anger whittles me down to nothing... if I try to nickel and dime him, he's got more health, so again, I get whittled down to nothing. So what's the best way to take him down?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hood/LazyCap is probably the most optimal team.

You can stun him with cap. Then use his red (-3000 HPs). Use Hood's black (-600) to reduce the counter(s) on his two tiles than you get another round of blue/red to launch at him (-3000).

So, that's 6600 in damage plus whatever match damage you did (approx. 800 dmg) in the time he was stunned.

-- // --

I'm not an avid Cmags player, but I would bet that a Patch/Cmags team could make quick work of Hulk (with enough AP saved up).
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A good general strategy is to whittle him down with match damage and save the big attacks for other characters. This assumes that he has at least 4 black covers. If it has 3 or less--or if the board is currently empty of green--then you shouldn't really worry about anger. You can also wait until most of the black tiles on the board are clumped together and then match the anger tile. Another strategy is to save up a few big attacks and then hit him with all of them at once--it doesn't matter if there are 4 anger tiles if you take him out before they trigger. It's a good idea to avoid strike tiles if possible because then you'll likely set off angle with just match damage and that can be a big pain.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A few other things:
    1) Cmags can overwrite his anger tiles with his blue. He can also do a lot of damage with his purple.
    2) Hit him hard with a power when you can match most of the black tiles on screen. You might be able to simply match his anger tile(s).
    3) OBW can extend his anger tiles out 5 turns, giving you time to deal with them
    4) Last resort: Ares can do ~6000 damage with 30 green APs. If you don't mind taking a lot of damage in the process, you can let his anger go off and get to 30 faster than you'd think in a sufficiently long match. Sunder can do anoother couple thousand on first hit, and if you've whittled him down below 25%, rampage does 1500. Note: if you do this wrong, all of your people will die. Even if you do it right, some might.

The trick is to either take his tiles out of the equation or hit him with a ton of stuff in one turn. I actually once got up to 30 ap in green without realizing it in krakadoom, and hit him with godlike power over and over (it starts self-sustaining eventually) and one-turned a hulk with that once.