*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Unknown
edited January 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=thehulk3]The Hulk (Indestructible)[/anchor] icon_hulk.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 11475 Tile damage: 12/70/13/11/79/61/3.0
    Thunderous Clap - Green 10 greentile.png
    The Hulk claps and a sonic shockwave rips through the battlefield. Does 118 damage to the target and destroys 3 tiles plus one for every two Green AP the team has. Does not generate AP.
      Level 2: Does 127 damage to the target and destroys 4 tiles plus one for every two Green AP. Level 3: Does 139 damage to the target and destroys 5 tiles plus one for every two Green AP. Max: 1025 Level 4: Does 151 damage to the target and destroys 6 tiles plus one for every two Green AP. Level 5: Does 163 damage to the target and destroys 8 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
    Max Level: Does 1199 damage.
      Smash - Red 14 redtile.png
      The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's Green AP and damaging the target for 284 plus 19 for each Green AP remaining. Does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.
        Level 2: 312 base damage. 24 damage for each Green AP remaining. Level 3: 341 base damage. 29 damage for each Green AP remaining. (Max: 2503 + 209 per green) Level 4: 369 base damage. 36 damage for each Green AP remaining. Level 5: 398 base damage. 48 damage for each Green AP remaining.
      Max Level: 2920 base damage. 348 damage for each Green AP remaining. Up to 6400 damage.
        Anger - Black PASSIVE
        The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 5% of his health, a random basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.
          Level 2: Increases Green tiles created to 2. Level 3: Increases Green tiles created to 3. Level 4: Increases Green tiles created to 4. Level 5: Increases Green tiles created to 5, damages allies for 20 and enemies for 39.
        Max Level: Damages allies for 87 and enemies for 174.

(Older version below)
        (stat block added by moderator Nonce Equitaur)

[anchor=thehulk3]The Hulk (Indestructible)[/anchor]
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP: 9788 Tile damage: 11/60/12/10/67/52
          Thunderous Clap - Green 10 AP
          The Hulk claps and a sonic shockwave rips through the battlefield. Does 118 damage to the target and destroys 3 tiles plus one for every two Green AP the team has. Does not generate AP.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Does 127 damage to the target and destroys 4 tiles plus one for every two Green AP. Level 3: Does 139 damage to the target and destroys 5 tiles plus one for every two Green AP. Level 4: Does 151 damage to the target and destroys 6 tiles plus one for every two Green AP. Level 5: Does 163 damage to the target and destroys 8 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
          Max Level: Does 1023 damage.
            Smash - Red 14 AP
            The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's Green AP and damaging the target for 284 plus 19 for each Green AP remaining. Does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: 312 base damage. 24 damage for each Green AP remaining. Level 3: 341 base damage. 29 damage for each Green AP remaining. Level 4: 369 base damage. 36 damage for each Green AP remaining. Level 5: 398 base damage. 48 damage for each Green AP remaining.
            Max Level: 2492 base damage. 298 damage for each Green AP remaining.
              Anger - Black Passive
              The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 5% of his health, a random basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Increases Green tiles created to 2. Level 3: Increases Green tiles created to 3. Level 4: Increases Green tiles created to 4. Level 5: Increases Green tiles created to 5, damages allies for 20 and enemies for 39.
              Max Level: Damages allies for 74 and enemies for 148.

(original post follows)

*** The Hulk, Indestructible - Rare Character

Level 15 stats:
              1283 Health
              Tile damage: 4/10/4/4/11/8
              3.0x Critical, 3 Environmental

Level 141 stats:
              ? Health
              Tile damage: ?/60/?/?/67/52

10 Green AP - Thunderous Clap.

Level 2 - Destroys 4 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
              Level 3 - ?
              Level 4 - ?
              Level 5 - ?

14 Red AP - Smash.
              The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's Green AP and damaging the target for 284 plus 19 for each Green AP remaining. Does 20% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.

Level 2 - 312 base damage. 24 damage for each Green AP remaining.
              Level 3 - ?
              Level 4 - ?
              Level 5 - ?

0 Black AP - Anger (Passive).
              The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 5% of his health a rnadom basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.

Level 2 - Increases Green tiles created to 2.
              Level 3 - ?
              Level 4 - ?
              Level 5 - ?

(Original post by Zathrus, tidying up)
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• If there are too many greens on the board his red hurts allies.
              • cranberyXL wrote:
                If there are too many greens on the board his red hurts allies.
                Rags will be using all the red.

I want Hulk so badly, willing to trade up my Punisher lol.
              • I've just fought him in PvE, and that black passive is interesting: it's a 1 turn counter, so it counts down at the start of his turn. So if it's created in response to a turn-ending move (such as a tile match) it appears and counts down instantly. If that's intentional, I'm not sure why they didn't just make it insta-fire like Storm's.

Just to keep it unique, I suppose - plus if the damage is from something that doesn't end a turn (such as most powers), you do have some chance to do something about it.
              • Bartok wrote:
                I've just fought him in PvE, and that black passive is interesting: it's a 1 turn counter, so it counts down at the start of his turn. So if it's created in response to a turn-ending move (such as a tile match) it appears and counts down instantly. If that's intentional, I'm not sure why they didn't just make it insta-fire like Storm's.

Just to keep it unique, I suppose - plus if the damage is from something that doesn't end a turn (such as most powers), you do have some chance to do something about it.
                Yeah I'm learning that you want to save enough AP to unload all you powers at once. Take him out all in one move or its death by 1000 green tiles, especially if you are attacking with low ap powers like feral claws
              • Nonce Equitaur 2
                Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
                I mentioned this under suggestions ...

The Hulk's Anger activation is very reminiscent of the Pokemon Seizure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denn%C5%8D_Senshi_Porygon episode -- repeated flashy strobing lights.

If you are subject to seizures, do not fight the Hulk.
              • I forsee either 5/3/5 builds or 3/5/5 builds. Everyone is going to want to max the passive, and only one of the offensive abilities. Will be interesting to see if the level-ups for the ability change them significantly.
              • Bartok wrote:
                I've just fought him in PvE, and that black passive is interesting: it's a 1 turn counter, so it counts down at the start of his turn. So if it's created in response to a turn-ending move (such as a tile match) it appears and counts down instantly. If that's intentional, I'm not sure why they didn't just make it insta-fire like Storm's.

The countdown also ensures that only he gets credit for any created green matches, so you can't hit him a lot a fuel a Storm green attack.

But, as with anyone, Spidey basically owns him. Stun lock, and Anger won't trigger.
              • ::snip to top::
              • Just need to know his final ability. His black passive is the truly great ability to use with.
                I guess his level 5 will be

The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 1% of his health a rnadom basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 5 basic tile(s) to Green. icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
              • Rags will be using all the red.

From the looks of things, Rag should be using all the green too. That's a terrible red ability, and the green damage seems really poor...
                Kyosokun wrote:
                I forsee either 5/3/5 builds or 3/5/5 builds. Everyone is going to want to max the passive, and only one of the offensive abilities. Will be interesting to see if the level-ups for the ability change them significantly.

Well, you'd want to max the passive by default since this guy's red is so terrible...but it's not like the black is, in itself particularly good.

So far the only use I can see for this guy is to repeatedly green after Rag hits his red, but Rag himself and Grey Widow can already do that.

I hope this guy has a ton of health at 141 cuz he really doesn't seem that impressive... icon_e_confused.gif
              • someguy wrote:
                Rags will be using all the red.

From the looks of things, Rag should be using all the green too. That's a terrible red ability, and the green damage seems really poor...
                Kyosokun wrote:
                I forsee either 5/3/5 builds or 3/5/5 builds. Everyone is going to want to max the passive, and only one of the offensive abilities. Will be interesting to see if the level-ups for the ability change them significantly.

Well, you'd want to max the passive by default since this guy's red is so terrible...but it's not like the black is, in itself particularly good.

So far the only use I can see for this guy is to repeatedly green after Rag hits his red, but Rag himself and Grey Widow can already do that.

I hope this guy has a ton of health at 141 cuz he really doesn't seem that impressive... icon_e_confused.gif

That's how I feel. That said, if you can keep him in front of your team he should be able to drop what I assume are 5 green per a tile @lvl5. What I want to know is how does it determine how many black tiles to drop. I should test by hitting him with a mag purple and seeing if it drops more than 1 (does it drop 4 if you do 20% or only drops 1 for each "set of damages over 5%).
              • I feel like he is the hero version of Ragnarok. Red and Green, feeds his own abilities. Lots of health and direct damage. Board clearing.
              • cool art...angry hulk is still sexier than invisible hag icon_mrgreen.gif
                a little disappointed, not to overpowered . duno if someone max him. still thor easier to use/spam [don't need to mention his cyborg clone ultimate spammer]
              • TheVulture
                TheVulture Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
                I think he'll be way more impactful as a player character than as an opponent; as an opponent you can just choose to target him or ignore him until it's time to unleash everything you've got, but on your team his passive is going to be quite excellent when you match his colours and put him out in front to take hits.

In the discussion of his countdown, I don't think anyone's pointed out yet that one reason for it is so that - in 3 vs 3 matches - his Anger countdowns are eliminated when he is; that's the only fair way to do it too, as otherwise killing Hulk in one big flurry (which does seem the best way to) would leave his team with a huge mountain of green tiles for a Sniper Shot or what-not.
              • adamLmpq wrote:
                I feel like he is the hero version of Ragnarok. Red and Green, feeds his own abilities. Lots of health and direct damage. Board clearing.

The problem is gonna be ragnarok and hulk paired.
              • [/quote]

That's how I feel. That said, if you can keep him in front of your team he should be able to drop what I assume are 5 green per a tile @lvl5. What I want to know is how does it determine how many black tiles to drop. I should test by hitting him with a mag purple and seeing if it drops more than 1 (does it drop 4 if you do 20% or only drops 1 for each "set of damages over 5%).[/quote]

Hit him with a Thor yellow and it made 2 black tiles, so probably
              • Brandonz13 wrote:
                Hit him with a Thor yellow and it made 2 black tiles, so probably

Seriously? Glad I've been leveling up Spidey. He just makes dealing with characters with annoying passives so much easier.
              • Bartok wrote:

If the green tiles were created on Hulk's opponent's turn, they'd get the match, the AP, and the damage. The countdown tile is the easiest fix to prevent that.
              • Brandonz13 wrote:

That's how I feel. That said, if you can keep him in front of your team he should be able to drop what I assume are 5 green per a tile @lvl5. What I want to know is how does it determine how many black tiles to drop. I should test by hitting him with a mag purple and seeing if it drops more than 1 (does it drop 4 if you do 20% or only drops 1 for each "set of damages over 5%).[/quote]

Hit him with a Thor yellow and it made 2 black tiles, so probably[/quote]

And that was just from the damage...there was no cascade? If that's the case then that would be pretty scary to deal with. You'd almost have to kill him on 1 turn or stun him constantly. I can already see myself attacking the team's other 2 characters first though and leaving hulk last to keep in a stun lock. Spidey just KILLS him (mine has only 2 blue though icon_e_sad.gif ).

Another interesting bit of info on hulk. I finally saw him use his red...and guess what? The term "damage to allies" includes himself as he killed himself when using his red. Not sure if that was intended or a bug that needs fixing. If its on purpose then that is another big knock against his red move.
              • I'm pretty sure what they saw was a cascade created by Thor's yellow.