*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Options

Comments

• I still have a 2* roster. Between Obw stealing, Storm stunning, and Ares knocking him out I have no fear of him.
  • My Hulk can generate five green tiles every time he gets thwacked hard enough. The higher I level him, the fewer times he generates those tiles. I have no incentive to feed ISO into that big battery.

When I see aaa 141 Hulk, I see a massive useless tank that will never, ever trigger Anger. Nothing to fear outside of a Heroes LR, and even then he is only "scary" because he takes an extra 20 seconds to kill.
  • The biggest nerf to Hulk was the implementation of victory bonus/skip tax. There's always something easier than a Hulk team, so it makes sense to skip it when the skip isn't costing you anything, but it's not worth it now for most people to pass up on any team that's worth a fair amount of points.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I was just reading the forums and was looking at IceIX's posts about upcoming characters, (btw The Human Torch's colors have to be red, yellow and black and nothing else.) I was looking at the up and coming new 3* Daken and just realized how painful he is going to be with Hulk!!!. At a 2* Daken/Hulk is annoying, now you go and throw the two of them together but with a beefed Daken, I think we are all in trouble
  • Hulk+Daken+Psylocke= Lulz!
  • Human Torch's colors are Red, Black, and Green, in that order of priority.
  • I'd still pair patch with hulk and lazy daken tho, once he activates rage even a normal match should trigger anger.
    After that its just reapplying rage constantly and watching everything blow up. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Jeremychen wrote:
    I'd still pair patch with hulk and lazy daken tho, once he activates rage even a normal match should trigger anger.
    After that its just reapplying rage constantly and watching everything blow up. icon_e_biggrin.gif

thats what i'm saying, Hulk with upcoming Lazy Daken is going to be SCARY!!!!!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I don't get it, why specifically Clawkid + Cute Green dude? Of course Clawkid goes well with all green users, but still?
  • Every green match gets you strike tiles, the enemy could try to deny it, but every anger trigger gets you strike tiles when it matches too.
    Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Patch gets around the make match damage low so it doesn't trigger anger situation.
    Pretty soon every red tile is a strike tile and many green tiles are too.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I don't get it, why specifically Clawkid + Cute Green dude? Of course Clawkid goes well with all green users, but still?

Anger creates a bunch of green, and if those green make matches you'll get more strike tiles, which will add to the anger damage total for the next time you use anger

Pretty sweet.
  • grael23
    grael23 Posts: 54
    Options
    I wrote up a HULK PLAY GUIDE in the "Guide" part of the forum. It's for players new to Hulk (and maybe there's a kernel there for a more experienced player too).

Again, just my humble opinions, but I'll endeavor to fold in as many thoughts as possible:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5718

Hope you like it!
  • R_Dash
    R_Dash Posts: 24
    Options
    Why did it take me until now to realize that Hulk Smash! doesn't deal damage for the 10 Greens it drains, but only for additional remaining greens after the 10 are drained?

This makes it a lot worse icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I have yet to see Hulk being OP with his black. But I can see how it might happen. Against level 141 opponents against a hulk who's just weak enough that 200 damage is enough to activate his black ability. He'd have to have around 3500-4000 HP so he's going to be somewhat low in level.

Somehow my hulk always tosses his black countdown tiles in places it can quickly be made into a match-3 black for the Enemy Punisher.
    Hulk+Patch can end matches just as fast as pre-nerf c.Storm. It takes me 9 green to kill off their entire team, at the expense of my own health. It's not OP, but it's certainly good, especially in the final 5 mins of a tourney.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    I have yet to see Hulk being OP with his black. But I can see how it might happen. Against level 141 opponents against a hulk who's just weak enough that 200 damage is enough to activate his black ability. He'd have to have around 3500-4000 HP so he's going to be somewhat low in level.

Somehow my hulk always tosses his black countdown tiles in places it can quickly be made into a match-3 black for the Enemy Punisher.
    Hulk+Patch can end matches just as fast as pre-nerf c.Storm. It takes me 9 green to kill off their entire team, at the expense of my own health. It's not OP, but it's certainly good, especially in the final 5 mins of a tourney.

Hulk can tank red, green, black with Patch, making hulk very viable and if you decide to skip blue, you can perhaps get Hulk to tank that as well. With Hulk in 1. Spot, 2.BP, 3 Patch. You have a very tanky and lethal team, where Hulk will take Green, Red, Black, BP takes yellow and blue, and Patch gets Puple. The only problem is you nerf TBTI, since it's only going to be mathcing 1 color.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    We need 3* Daken soon so Hulk can be playable without buffing.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

Hulk can tank red, green, black with Patch, making hulk very viable and if you decide to skip blue, you can perhaps get Hulk to tank that as well. With Hulk in 1. Spot, 2.BP, 3 Patch. You have a very tanky and lethal team, where Hulk will take Green, Red, Black, BP takes yellow and blue, and Patch gets Puple. The only problem is you nerf TBTI, since it's only going to be mathcing 1 color.

So heres the thing. Think about that team, except instead of Hulk, you have LazyThor. LazyThor gives you a devestating green, an amazing yellow, and an okay red compared to Hulk's okay green and **** red. I used to be a big proponent for Hulk, but I just don't see it anymore. He's terrible on offense, and can be ignored on defense and 1 shotted at the end of the round. LazyThor covers the almost the same colors as he does, and is just miles better on offense and defense. It just seems like he's been obsoleted entirely.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

So heres the thing. Think about that team, except instead of Hulk, you have LazyThor. LazyThor gives you a devestating green, an amazing yellow, and an okay red compared to Hulk's okay green and **** red. I used to be a big proponent for Hulk, but I just don't see it anymore. He's terrible on offense, and can be ignored on defense and 1 shotted at the end of the round. LazyThor covers the almost the same colors as he does, and is just miles better on offense and defense. It just seems like he's been obsoleted entirely.

I think Hulk is great, but he can't stand alone. He needs teammates, where as Thor, Patch, Punisher. They can hold their own. I thought a way to buff Hulk without messing with him too much is say at Lvl 5 Anger, Hulk can't be stunned. Now you just can't lock him down and beat him to death, you are going to have to deal with the behemoth, all of a sudden he goes from mehhh, to, ouch.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used to be a big proponent for Hulk, but I just don't see it anymore. He's terrible on offense, and can be ignored on defense and 1 shotted at the end of the round.

How do you 1-shot the frigging Hulk? I'm not asking to be a ****, I'm genuinely curious. Are you chipping away and then using Punisher's red? Saving up 36 black AP and hitting him with three of Panther's rages?
  • The ability for enemies go to level 400 at least gives a reason to use Hulk in PvE. I don't think it's a good idea to purposely keep him lower level (assuming you can afford to max him out) just so that Anger triggers, but at 141 his Anger doesn't even trigger very often on level 230s let alone anything normal.

Since Anger basically doesn't get triggered by match 3s you can just collect your APs on Hulk prior to unleashing a big attack. A Thunder Strike into Call the Storm is 6000 damage on one person plus whatever cascades gets you for any other moves. Berserker Rage followed by a combination of Magnetic Field and Magnetized Particle will generally do the trick too. Of course, you can always bring Spiderman along if you don't have great burst potential. The problem is that having Hulk on defense is sort of like starting with only two guys, since his ability to do damage is nonexistent and nobody's actually going to attack him first anyway, so he's not as good on defense as people think. He's actually decent on offense, but only if he can take enough damage to trigger Anger while tanking. Otherwise why not just have Thor tank?