*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Phaserhawk wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Is it me or just the way the Simulator event went, but is the Hulk a little OP? More specifically his black? Don't get me wrong, I think damage output and mechanics are spot on, but the number of green tiles black can generate seems a bit high?

Of course it is but don't speak too much about it, since I love Hulk. It's a mechanic that's easy to abuse. I will let myself take damage with the hulk as a quick AP generator. People were complaining about the high level doom fights, but I was using his demons to spam black passive every turn! Right now with Spidey it means full strength Hulk every fight. I have wanted to keep him on par with Patch, but honestly I think I might push him first. I don't have any red cover's though, so he is **** for me. I need a strong red in my team.

I'm there with you, I'm 5/0/1 with my hulk, I would rather be 1/0/5, but yeah where are his red covers/

I don't know! Honestly if there was a Cover Store I would just buy all his red covers at this point, no question (just need 1 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Is it me or just the way the Simulator event went, but is the Hulk a little OP? More specifically his black? Don't get me wrong, I think damage output and mechanics are spot on, but the number of green tiles black can generate seems a bit high?

I have yet to see Hulk being OP with his black. But I can see how it might happen. Against level 141 opponents against a hulk who's just weak enough that 200 damage is enough to activate his black ability. He'd have to have around 3500-4000 HP so he's going to be somewhat low in level.

Somehow my hulk always tosses his black countdown tiles in places it can quickly be made into a match-3 black for the Enemy Punisher.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bugpop wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I have yet to see Hulk being OP with his black. But I can see how it might happen. Against level 141 opponents against a hulk who's just weak enough that 200 damage is enough to activate his black ability. He'd have to have around 3500-4000 HP so he's going to be somewhat low in level.

Somehow my hulk always tosses his black countdown tiles in places it can quickly be made into a match-3 black for the Enemy Punisher.

Hulk gets hurt, generates green, green explodes generating AP, oops, you have Daken, so every green match is two strike tiles, then KABOOM!!!!!!! someone is dead, Hulk hardly hurt, and Daken heals, very, very hard to beat and annoying.
  • Phaserhawk
    edited July 2015
    Here's a poll

Edited with final poll results.

You see a Lvl 141 Hulk What do you do?

A.) Come get some green guy - 15 votes - 47%

B.) Let's get the hell out of here. - 17 votes - 53%
  • I don't even look anymore. Any lvl 50 magneto with 5 purple and lvl 50 Spidey with 5 blue can beat any team regardless of who the 3rd is.
  • As long as I can stun him, I don't give no daggum cares what not no ever.

Would like a 3* hero with a built-in damaging stun that isn't obscene on the AP cost though, in all seriousness. OBW-style with solid damage replacing team-wide stun?
  • I don't even look anymore. Any lvl 50 magneto with 5 purple and lvl 50 Spidey with 5 blue can beat any team regardless of who the 3rd is.

You forget to say slowly.... REALLY slowly icon_e_smile.gif
  • In a vacuum I can beat any team because of Spidey.

Otherwise it's all about the number of points I'll get and do I need to shield soon.
  • Phaserhawk
    What if that Lvl 141 Hulk has a Lvl 85 OBW and a Lvl 100 Patch. Does that change your mind?
  • Since my OBW is still sitting at the bottom of my roster with only 2 covers and I currently have only one Spidey cover(yellow, so useless ATM) still waiting to be redeemed, I'd get the hell out of there...
  • Luckily Hulk doesn't hit too hard, so I save him for last and throw a stun on him or make sure I have someone in my lineup that can take advantage of all those greenies he's laying down (Grey Widow or Punisher).
  • If you play the match right, even a 141 hulk can be one turned down. With punisher, it's pretty easy to do. Save all your ap and spam cast everything when attacking the hulk, and voila, hulk is downed in one turn.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I have a 4 blue spidey and a 5 purple mag so its not really an issue, but I dont like using Spidey as stunlock is just too tedious so I avoid.
  • eviscent
    eviscent Posts: 17
    I don't even look anymore. Any lvl 50 magneto with 5 purple and lvl 50 Spidey with 5 blue can beat any team regardless of who the 3rd is.
    Wolverine eyepatch with 5 green better action on C-MAG red skill.
  • eviscent
    eviscent Posts: 17
    I don't even look anymore. Any lvl 50 magneto with 5 purple and lvl 50 Spidey with 5 blue can beat any team regardless of who the 3rd is.
    The third guy could be Wolverine eyepatch with 5 green better action on C-MAG red skill.
  • Obviously I fetch my Punisher.

In recent tournament I was so glad to spot a hulk for the final jump -- ok it was just 120 and 4 in black but the 141 would have been even easier, less vorry about anger triggering.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    What if that Lvl 141 Hulk has a Lvl 85 OBW and a Lvl 100 Patch. Does that change your mind?

That is exactly the point -- pick depends on his mates. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Either stun hulk or build up mana as you kill the rest of his team, then do all the damage to Hulk in a single turn. It's not undoable, especially if you have a mana-stealing character.
  • bonfire01 wrote:

You forget to say slowly.... REALLY slowly icon_e_smile.gif

You're right... It is very slow when the only DMG you can do is mags red which would probably only be 1k at lvl 50 icon_lol.gif

But once mags gets purple the other team never gets another turn. If you can put a DMG char in the 3rd slot you're good to go.
  • Hulk's health is a nonissue if you have Patch.

That said it can be kind of scary to try to kill him in one round without Spiderman if you calculated your combos wrong.