*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Options

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm with you guys 100%. I was in love with Hulk, right up until the point I maxed him and realized I had 2* guys half his level who were better on offense.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    I used to be a big proponent for Hulk, but I just don't see it anymore. He's terrible on offense, and can be ignored on defense and 1 shotted at the end of the round.

How do you 1-shot the frigging Hulk? I'm not asking to be a ****, I'm genuinely curious. Are you chipping away and then using Punisher's red? Saving up 36 black AP and hitting him with three of Panther's rages?

Magnetic translocation and punpuns red will down most characters in the game. In the cap tourney, rage of the panther + cap red will almost kill him as well.
  • So heres the thing. Think about that team, except instead of Hulk, you have LazyThor. LazyThor gives you a devestating green, an amazing yellow, and an okay red compared to Hulk's okay green and **** red. I used to be a big proponent for Hulk, but I just don't see it anymore. He's terrible on offense, and can be ignored on defense and 1 shotted at the end of the round. LazyThor covers the almost the same colors as he does, and is just miles better on offense and defense. It just seems like he's been obsoleted entirely.
    Thor is the best in the game. Spidey and c.mags also look like subpar choices in comparison.

But don't knock kamikaze Hulk until you've tried it. It's pretty fast, even if not sustainable.

Imo they need to give Hulk Wolvie or better healing rate.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    So heres the thing. Think about that team, except instead of Hulk, you have LazyThor. LazyThor gives you a devestating green, an amazing yellow, and an okay red compared to Hulk's okay green and **** red. I used to be a big proponent for Hulk, but I just don't see it anymore. He's terrible on offense, and can be ignored on defense and 1 shotted at the end of the round. LazyThor covers the almost the same colors as he does, and is just miles better on offense and defense. It just seems like he's been obsoleted entirely.
    Thor is the best in the game. Spidey and c.mags also look like subpar choices in comparison.

But don't knock kamikaze Hulk until you've tried it. It's pretty fast, even if not sustainable.

Imo they need to give Hulk Wolvie or better healing rate.

LazyThor is good, but he isn't Spidey/C. Mags good. LazyThor wont win you fights against level 400 enemies for instance, but stunlock or blue crits on env tiles into endless AP locks will. He is as good as a balanced character can be without being broken (which might be too good seeing as how it can completely obsolete competing characters like GSBW and Hulk).
  • By offense/defense, I assumed we were discussing PVP. Spidey and Mags are indeed masters of PVE.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    By offense/defense, I assumed we were discussing PVP. Spidey and Mags are indeed masters of PVE.

Ah. I would say that Thor is the best on defense in PvP: on offense you can do better with combinations like Patch/C. Mags, Punisher/C. Mags, etc.

• LazyThor is good, but he isn't Spidey/C. Mags good. LazyThor wont win you fights against level 400 enemies for instance, but stunlock or blue crits on env tiles into endless AP locks will. He is as good as a balanced character can be without being broken (which might be too good seeing as how it can completely obsolete competing characters like GSBW and Hulk).

Lazy Thor does basic stuff like taking/dishing out damage twice as well as any comparable guy.

But Spiderman and Magneto does things that nobody can even do, e.g. taking a nearly infinite amount of turns.

That said there's no law that says you can't pair Thor up with Magneto. Patch + Magneto might be faster, but you also don't have to worry about a miscalculation on Berserker Rage that wipes out your team, as rare as they are.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have two proposes for Hulk in terms of buffing and both are for Anger.

1. Anger triggers at 3% max health not 5%
    2. Lvl 5 Anger, hulk cannot be stunned

Other buffs I would like to see

I think Thunderous clap could use a damage increase and I think Smash should be an AoE spell, with these tweaks Hulk does become a legitimate threat.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Immunity to stun alone makes him a bit crazy good on defense
  • So I decided yesterday that the Hulk would be the next character I dump ISO into, because I had him at 5/3/4 and I figured I could just get him up to 128 until I pulled/won the last cover that I need for him. Well, today when I woke up I decided to play a couple of matches in the lightning round going on so I could get the iso and token. I click on the token, and to my surprise it's Gold and the anticipation inside of me starts building as I wait to see who I got. It was a Black Hulk, which makes him 5/3/5 and now I can max him out!

I currently have him sitting at 83, and I plan on changing him to 3/5/5 whenever I can... unless 4/4/5 is the better option?

Edit: Actually, after reading around about him, it looks like 5/3/5 is his best build so I guess I got really lucky with my Hulk pulls. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Sorry for the double post, it seems like no one is interested in talking about the Hulk lately icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I've dumped a good amount of ISO into Hulk over the past couple of days and I now have him at 105... my only question is how high I should level him up to? I've heard that too high of a level Hulk is almost counter-productive because he needs to take a lot more damage in order to trigger Anger. Should I keep leveling him past 105 or keep him there?

Anyway input would be greatly appreciated!
  • is it just me, or is the Hulk bugged?

Red skill says it uses all remaining green AP for extra dmg. However my green APs are used, but dmg is still the same - base, without any extra
  • JCik68 wrote:
    is it just me, or is the Hulk bugged?

Red skill says it uses all remaining green AP for extra dmg. However my green APs are used, but dmg is still the same - base, without any extra

It uses up to ten regardless (if you have it). Any green that remain it will use for extra damage. No extra damage if you're at 10 or under.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have gotten jacked two times that I remember rather vividly where I miscalculated the amount of burst I needed to kill hulk, and he wiped out my team because of it.

People are a bit too quick to discount Hulks value, Spiderman is less popular than he was and if you do not have the stunlock to stop hulk,then you have to rely on widdling him down to death or bursting him, and if you miscalculate the burst you are F'ed
  • Clintman wrote:
    I have gotten jacked two times that I remember rather vividly where I miscalculated the amount of burst I needed to kill hulk, and he wiped out my team because of it.

People are a bit too quick to discount Hulks value, Spiderman is less popular than he was and if you do not have the stunlock to stop hulk,then you have to rely on widdling him down to death or bursting him, and if you miscalculate the burst you are F'ed

Thunder Strike + Call the Storm + something else is almost always enough, except when your Thunder Strike didn't cause enough cascade into a Call the Storm, though you can abort that sequence at one anger tile since it's unlikely the cascades will trigger Anger themselves.
  • So I recently maxed my covers out on Hulk (all random pulls, 5/3/5) and I've been dumping ISO into him like crazy. He's currently sitting at 110 and is my highest level character. I'm just unsure if I should keep leveling him, or at what level I should stop leveling him at? My other characters are: 85 OBW (3/5/5), 85 2* Thor (3/5/5), 85 Ares (4/4/5), 85 CStorm (5/5/3), 85 AWolvie (5/5/3), and a couple of other characters that are mid 60's-70's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I loved my Hulk (5/3/5) right up until the moment I maxed him out at lvl 141. That's when I realized there are 2* guys half his level that do more damage, and that he has so much health that his Anger never goes off unless he gets hit by an ability bomb. Even match-4s and match-5s sometimes won't trigger his anger (490 points required to trigger). Now I see him as a big lump of health and little else.

My advice is to stop pumping ISO into him now. The Hulk is underwhelming.
  • Yeah, his Anger is the big reason I'm loving him right now, but I know the higher I go the more it'll take to trigger it. I'm thinking of just stopping him at 115 and moving on to someone else... probably Punisher since i'm only 1 cover from maxing him out, or I might soft-cap LazyCap (2/5/2) at 89 until I get some more covers for him.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Hulk is just a pretty bad transition character for the reasons Dormammu said. I would avoid pumping more iso into him until you get a more developed 3* team.
  • Anyone know at level Hulk will be out front of a 141 Punisher when moving Black / Green / Red?

Does he need to be all the way maxed also?