Comments

• Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe he's just hungry.

tumblr_m3hln5trUZ1r5r8duo2_500.gif
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Hulk is busy playing at the World Cup.

At some point before this World Cup is over I will probably buy a hulk jersey cause duh. Maybe a schweinsteiger too bc it's just fun to say
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I just did something similar with a baby hulk (L75) - basic matches were triggering Anger and while I don't think I got quite as many CD tiles at once he did manage to turn about 75% of the board green in one turn icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk_2012_bigger.jpg

Lao, u mean this Hulk? Too lazy to Photoshop a Brazil jersey onto real Hulk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yea! look at him! he looks and is built like Hulk!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think with the recent Spiderman nerf and now the true healing, plus the big green guy getting accelerated healing. Hulk may have just entered a new top tier status. Offesnively he still sucks, but as a defensive team roster, he might be the best in the game right now, and if mags gets hit then I say every single team that's in defensive mode in PvP will have Hulk.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think with the recent Spiderman nerf and now the true healing, plus the big green guy getting accelerated healing. Hulk may have just entered a new top tier status. Offensively he still sucks, but as a defensive team roster, he might be the best in the game right now, and if mags gets hit then I say every single team that's in defensive mode in PvP will have Hulk.

Honestly, Hulk Teams are among my favorite teams to target. I originally thought Hulk would shut down my Daken + Thor team but it turns out it's a non-issue. I whittle Hulk's health down until I have too many strike tiles and then continue building my nuke attacks. If the board gets stale I'll trigger Hulk's anger on purpose just to generate more green. With Chemical Reaction I can make sure to get rid of enough strike tiles before I have to start focusing on Hulk. I don't even think Hulk matches take much longer than normal matches since there's usually a fair bit of overkill when using the Thor bombs.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think with the recent Spiderman nerf and now the true healing, plus the big green guy getting accelerated healing. Hulk may have just entered a new top tier status. Offensively he still sucks, but as a defensive team roster, he might be the best in the game right now, and if mags gets hit then I say every single team that's in defensive mode in PvP will have Hulk.

Honestly, Hulk Teams are among my favorite teams to target. I originally thought Hulk would shut down my Daken + Thor team but it turns out it's a non-issue. I whittle Hulk's health down until I have too many strike tiles and then continue building my nuke attacks. If the board gets stale I'll trigger Hulk's anger on purpose just to generate more green. With Chemical Reaction I can make sure to get rid of enough strike tiles before I have to start focusing on Hulk. I don't even think Hulk matches take much longer than normal matches since there's usually a fair bit of overkill when using the Thor bombs.
    Yup, and it's not like he's actually do anything in the actual match if you don't trigger anger. For that matter, firing off only a single anger tile with a power is perfectly fine as well. It's only strike tile multihits you need to worry about when fighting him. He's pretty overrated for defense (but he's still in line to be one of the characters I pour iso into next, after sentry)
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    He's not hard at all. What he is there for is a time sink, and a big problem if you miscalculate. As long as you're careful, or take him out all at once, he's a pushover. Most of the time I decide I just don't feel like dealing with it, though that might change soon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's nothing remotely scary about Hulk. Not sure why people consider him top tier for defense. He's one of the worst guy to have. Just a big fat punching bag that hits like a girl..invest your ISO elsewhere. IE Thor/Daken/Sentry you know the drill.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hulk is overrated on defense but as long as people believe in him, he actually adds some badly needed diversity.

The only case where Hulk is dangerous is if you're running a major strike tile player, which would likely be The Punisher or Daken. The Punisher can handle The Hulk fine with Retribution, so only Daken is somewhat vulnerable if somehow didn't group him with someone that can take care of Hulk.

His value in PvE is also a lot less now that they seem to have stop doing the level 395 scaling stuff. When stuff scaled to 395, having Anger trigger on every match 3 was one of the great equalizer against such overpowering enemies. But enemies haven't scaled that high since Prodigal Sun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe this has already been noted, but when I use hulks red it will consume green app but won't cause more damage for each ap like it says. I.e. At level 90 does 1237 dmg with 0 green ap, does 1237 damage with 15 green ap as well
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've never been sure if this is the intended behavior for Hulk, but he currently behaves like this...

1) Smash is activated.
    2) Game subtracts 14 red and up to 10 green AP (minimum 0 remaining).
    3) If player has any green AP remaining (player had 11+ Green when activating smash), then remaining Green AP is evaluated to generate bonus Smash damage.
    4) Damage is applied to enemy target and check is made to see if damage should be applied to Hulk's team for 11+ Green being on the board.

The power description reads that the 10 green AP being consumed is added to the overall damage of the ability, but doesn't actually happen because of the game logic above.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is working as described:
    The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's Green AP and damaging the target for 284 plus 19 for each Green AP remaining.
    Whatever green AP you still have after the drain is what the extra damage is based on. If you don't have at least 20 green AP when you use it, you're probably better off using his green, then his red (or someone else's red).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is his anger supposed to do damage? Sometimes when I am fighting the AI it does damage to me and sometimes it doesn't. My hulk's anger never deals damage.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You need 5 in black. I grabbed his stats from: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11111#bbthehulk3
      Anger - Black Passive
      The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 5% of his health, a random basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Increases Green tiles created to 2. Level 3: Increases Green tiles created to 3. Level 4: Increases Green tiles created to 4. Level 5: Increases Green tiles created to 5, damages allies for 20 and enemies for 39.
      Max Level: Damages allies for 87 and enemies for 174.
    • Unknown
      Options
      Thanks. He has been hitting for more than the amounts you cite though and a lot more, like wiping my team more. It seems unlikely that anger combined with a small number of strike tiles could generate that kind of damage.
    • Unknown
      Options
      You know what trips me up? When someone doesn't have any covers in anger on their hulk but it's otherwise maxed. When you expect anger tiles and none appear, it's a weird feeling.
    • Marty17
      Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
      Options
      Can you guys provide some insight of pros & cons on the following Hulk builds? I'm planning to utilise one of them but can't really decide on which, as I like my attacks do maximum damage, hence I'm slightly leaning on Red...

Build 1: 5G/5R/3Bk
      Build 2: 5G/3R/5Bk
    • HairyDave
      HairyDave Posts: 1,574
      Options
      The problem with his red is it's very expensive to get the most out of it because you'll need a whole bunch of green as well. And any build that doesn't have 5 black is just asking for trouble in PVP - he's quite literally just a giant green punching bag without it.
    • mags1587
      mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Agreed, 5 black is a must. Without black at 5 you're just giving green to the opposing team. Black at 5 means a high probability of green cascades which means anyone who fights your Hulk is going to have to be a lot more careful.