*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• _fulu_ wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    Well on the plus side, if you have attack tiles, the passive will damage them more they damage you. Damaging your allies, yeah, not cool.

His red is bad imho. Costs 14-24 AP to deal 3k damage on 141, and it deals 1k damage EACH as an AOE to your allies, while targeting only ONE enemy. Lame.

It only hits your team if you are too lazy to count to 10. Otherwise eat up some green on the board real quick. It's not hard to manage.

Ps mine hit for 9k. Read those descriptions!

The description says, it costs 14 red AP plus 10 green AP, and need to have a crapload of green AP at the start of using it for it to deal damage worth a damn, and it will damage your allies if there too many greens on board, which is what would be happening if your Passive is working as intended.

That many greens would much better suit a Classic Storm, lower rarity by the way. By the time I get 30 green AP, I could probably spam Lightning Storm 3 times, filling my AP to the top.

Generally, unless I'm mistaken, powers are better if they are low cost, so that they can be used ASAP, or at least have a good damage to cost ratio to deal enough damage to be worth it.

Smash simply costs too much, and even when you have the AP, you can't use it right away. You still have to check the board first if the situation allows.

If you find such a skill useful, who am I to tell you otherwise? Knock yourself out.

For me, this will be a power that I will never use.

And yes, a skill that targets only a single enemy, while doing an AOE damage on your own team, count as lame in my book. At least Juggernaut doesn't hit everyone on his own team.
  • My hulk is level 104. I did build him 5/3/5, but in retrospect I would have gone 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. The two extra tiles destroyed might be less useful than the ~1200 damage on smash.

And it costs 14 red, not 19.

Currently smash does 4800 unboosted damage, and I have never had a hard time using it. I don't aim for it though. It is not a move I build to using. It just sometimes is ready and I use it.

As for what mechgouki posted while I was posting this, think as you like, I don't mind, but I've never had this move damage my own team. I don't think it is a GREAT move, but I have used it a few times for sizeable damage, so to call it useless or lame is a little over the top
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    My hulk is level 104. I did build him 5/3/5, but in retrospect I would have gone 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. The two extra tiles destroyed might be less useful than the ~1200 damage on smash.

Currently smash does 4800 unboosted damage, and I have never had a hard time using it. I don't aim for it though. It is not a move I build to using. It just sometimes is ready and I use it.

As for what mechgouki posted while I was posting this, think as you like, I don't mind, but I've never had this move damage my own team. I don't think it is a GREAT move, but I have used it a few times for sizeable damage, so to call it useless or lame is a little over the top

Thanks for keeping us updated.

So you're definitely on board with 5 in black. Is the ally damage worth worrying about? If Rags gets going and triggers your Hulk's black a few times?
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    My hulk is level 104. I did build him 5/3/5, but in retrospect I would have gone 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. The two extra tiles destroyed might be less useful than the ~1200 damage on smash.

So you're definitely on board with 5 in black. Is the ally damage worth worrying about? If Rags gets going and triggers your Hulk's black a few times?

The damage on my team is trivial. It would be 300 damage if 6 angers triggered, but 600 to the opposing team. I like it especially for defense where people may hate ragspamming hulk because if the backlash damage.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:

The damage on my team is trivial. It would be 300 damage if 6 angers triggered, but 600 to the opposing team. I like it especially for defense where people may hate ragspamming hulk because if the backlash damage.

Thanks again,

In that case I might go 3/5/5, but I'm at 3 green already and will have another one after the Hulk event ends.
  • Interesting discussion. I'm sold on 5 black. I'll keep my hulk at 3/3/5 and use it as defense for now, and decide on the rest later.
  • Can anyone test if Hulk's red trigger c.Storm yellow passive if she is on your team?

That will make for some fun combos if it works.
  • I love the idea, but I'm not sure how practical it will be -- since max level Hulk does 74 damage to allies, you'd have to have one member of your team with 370 or fewer health.
  • I love the idea, but I'm not sure how practical it will be -- since max level Hulk does 74 damage to allies, you'd have to have one member of your team with 370 or fewer health.

You're thinking about his black, Frozen was asking about red which does more team damage (and self damage).

Frozen I'll try it out again later. The last attempt ended poorly with cStorm dying as a result of the team damage. Hopefully someone beats me to it.

You're thinking about his black, Frozen was asking about red which does more team damage (and self damage).

Frozen I'll try it out again later. The last attempt ended poorly with cStorm dying as a result of the team damage. Hopefully someone beats me to it.

Hardly matters though. Only way it will work for decent damage is if everyone is at half hp. Even If his red doesn't do half health to storm, you r looking at a very small gap of hp where she isn't getting killed but has below 50% health.

I guess for interest sake you could still check, but usefulness sits at aboutzero.
  • I guess for interest sake you could still check, but usefulness sits at aboutzero.

You're absolutely correct, but still interesting.

Fortunately I don't have any need for cStorm anymore. Can't even count the number of times I hit one that hit mine and then boom. Endless tempest of craziness.
  • It won't be just 600 damage to them if you have Strike Tiles, I'm sure. With Strike tiles, you can damage them when you use a Skill, when you make a match, when your DOT activates, and now, when they attack you for moderate damage too.
  • Offensively, rag/hulk/wolverine (or punisher when he's high enough) is the best team I can think of. With all the green on the board, there will be too many strike tiles and too much damage. It'd be game over for even the highest level teams.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    squirrel85 wrote:
    Offensively, rag/hulk/wolverine (or punisher when he's high enough) is the best team I can think of. With all the green on the board, there will be too many strike tiles and too much damage. It'd be game over for even the highest level teams.
    Only thing is that they're all red/green/black, so you'd have to sync you levels so that the hulk always takes the blacks. What are their respective max tile damages anyway
  • Spoit wrote:
    squirrel85 wrote:
    Offensively, rag/hulk/wolverine (or punisher when he's high enough) is the best team I can think of. With all the green on the board, there will be too many strike tiles and too much damage. It'd be game over for even the highest level teams.
    Only thing is that they're all red/green/black, so you'd have to sync you levels so that the hulk always takes the blacks. What are their respective max tile damages anyway

From various posts (at max lvl):
    Hulk          Red 60 Green 67 Black 52
    Punisher          52       60       67
    Ragnarok          51       51       11
    Wolverine         45       50       10

• Is Rag/Punisher/Hulk better than Rag/Punisher/Spidey?
  • Is Rag/Punisher/Hulk better than Rag/Punisher/Spidey?

Right now I'm running 115 rag/105 hulk/75 Wolvie. I have a 90 Punisher, eventually to be subbed in, but Wolvie is still better atm.

Other teams are dead too fast to even need spidey. I do sub spidey in for Wolvie when I want to heal the big tanks (Wolvie heals himself)

I'm anxious to see the dynamic once I get Punisher another 15 levels or so.
  • I like Hulk as a cover for modern hawkeye (at my low level where spidey is still 1/0/0) with an 85 wolvie.

Whatever board type either hulk is in front (black) takes damage (blue/purple) or wolvie stacks up for damage augmentation (and he stack ups when hulk is in front and takes damage ^^)
  • Soo...what's the current opinion on the best build for this guy? I'm currently at 4/2/2 and sitting on a green cover. Debating whether to use it and build him 5/3/5 or hold off and go for 4/4/5. Any updated thoughts on this?
  • I would also appreciate an update from anyone that can. At 3/4/2 right now with a green in the cache.

Green and Red both sound fairly lackluster to me right now so I might just go 5 in red for the extra potential damage. The only thing that is holding me back is how easy it is for him and others to generate green. Red not so much.