*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

1679111234

Comments

  • Spoit wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Psst....with no Ragnarok to litter the board with greens, smash has now become my #1 source of damage.
    Really? I've been finding that it cost too much, you can almost do 2 punisher reds for the same price

    2 Punisher reds does 2500 damage. One good smash does 6k or more icon_e_smile.gif
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Psst....with no Ragnarok to litter the board with greens, smash has now become my #1 source of damage.
    Really? I've been finding that it cost too much, you can almost do 2 punisher reds for the same price

    2 Punisher reds does 2500 damage. One good smash does 6k or more icon_e_smile.gif

    but dont you also need 30 green for it do that kind of damage?
  • doneskis wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Psst....with no Ragnarok to litter the board with greens, smash has now become my #1 source of damage.
    Really? I've been finding that it cost too much, you can almost do 2 punisher reds for the same price

    2 Punisher reds does 2500 damage. One good smash does 6k or more icon_e_smile.gif

    but dont you also need 30 green for it do that kind of damage?

    It's pretty easy to do considering how long that average match takes now for those of us that used to use a different character to use up all the red icon_mrgreen.gif
  • 2 Punisher reds does 2500 damage. One good smash does 6k or more icon_e_smile.gif[/quote]

    but dont you also need 30 green for it do that kind of damage?[/quote]

    It's pretty easy to do considering how long that average match takes now for those of us that used to use a different character to use up all the red icon_mrgreen.gif[/quote]


    Hmm understand the red part since most won't use rags anymore but dont you also need max green to maximize the damage?
  • To maximize it yes, but anything over 20 green does just fine. It's something I use closer to the end of matches.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess I'll try saving up the greens, rather than just using punisher's ability whenever I have enough
  • Spoit wrote:
    I guess I'll try saving up the greens, rather than just using punisher's ability whenever I have enough

    Also helps if you run with an ap thief like hood or OBW. I haven't got everything figured out yet but I really enjoy being able to strategize again beyond thundarclapz for win
  • eidehuaeidehua Age Unconfirmed Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Do you think the smash attack is worth it at 20+ green compared to a thunderous clap at 20+ green that will destroy at least 8+10 tiles at that point?
    With 20+ green it's either Red+green or green+ green again. Are the potential cascades worth it? (Also considering there could be more green for hulk again).
    Or is someone else using the greens for you?

    Right now I'm 4/2/5 on Hulk.. not sure if I want 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 now.
  • I'm going 5/5/3 screw you guys! icon_lol.gif
  • eidehua wrote:
    With 20+ green it's either Red+green or green+ green again.

    Since none are aoe it depends on the situation, how many opponents are left, what their health is. And keep in mind with 20+ green one option is actually green+green again+red which could be worth it if you can down multiple enemies.
  • I'm going 5/5/3 screw you guys! icon_lol.gif

    Not sure if you're serious but after today I decided to go 4/5/4. I know I haven't played enough with him unbuffed but it seems like the passive barely ever triggers.

    And I had first decided to go 4/4/5 but after getting an extra red cover today and loving that ability I couldn't resist. If I could do it all over 3/5/5 would have been my choice.
  • Hulk's passive is only strong versus Wolverine. If he's not part of your lineup, you can't easily do enough damage to trigger the Anger. Of course, Wolverine is a very strong character, so being strong against Wolverine counts for a lot, too. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the rebalancing around Wolverine. Without Wolverine, even 5% of 5000 HP base is 250 HP, which is not going to get triggered by a normal match 3 when characters aren't boosted.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Hulk's passive is only strong versus Wolverine. If he's not part of your lineup, you can't easily do enough damage to trigger the Anger. Of course, Wolverine is a very strong character, so being strong against Wolverine counts for a lot, too. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the rebalancing around Wolverine. Without Wolverine, even 5% of 5000 HP base is 250 HP, which is not going to get triggered by a normal match 3 when characters aren't boosted.
    Patch supposedly creates strike tiles for the enemy, and pretty much any power will cause it to trigger as well. Or these lvl 230 enemies. Getting hit for 500 damage is a lot more common than getting to 14 red AP and what was it, 20 green?,with nothing better to spend it on
  • eidehuaeidehua Age Unconfirmed Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    One thing I do note is that if hulk does get anger triggered, it's kinda hard to use your red if your saving it up if you don't want to trigger team damage because of the added green tiles. You may not have the extra turns to clear out the extra tiles.
  • Really can't decide how to build him. 5 anger + strike tiles is pretty nice vs the 240 PVE guys. 5 red is a nice damage boost, but I feel I use his green much more often than red.
  • Please change it so when it's angry and hits own team members, he also hits the whole opposing team too. Let him trample for good.

    I'd really make all the bystanders hit by random amount of damage with some limit and supposed median.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This might actually make Hulk's red skill more attractive to me.

    I'd still probably burn all the green on Claps, hoping for cascades, before using the red Smash, rather than have the bonus damage.

    I apologize for any "burning clap" images in your head right now.
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    I am so torn right now.

    My Hulk is level 128 and current 4/3/5. I have a banked red cover, but I really don't like his red. I use his green constantly, but hate the way red works, having to count my tiles is the suck. I find that the red sucking down up to 10 green with nothing to show for it makes the timing really tough.

    I would hate to sell my cover and miss an opportunity take him to 141, but I like the idea of 5green.

    Anyone running him have an opinion of him at high level with 4 vs 5 green? or 3 vs 4 red? At high level. Please understand I am more interested in someone that has used him rather than someone who is sharing their experience with their level 18 hulk.
  • Clint wrote:
    I am so torn right now.

    My Hulk is level 128 and current 4/3/5. I have a banked red cover, but I really don't like his red. I use his green constantly, but hate the way red works, having to count my tiles is the suck. I find that the red sucking down up to 10 green with nothing to show for it makes the timing really tough.

    I would hate to sell my cover and miss an opportunity take him to 141, but I like the idea of 5green.

    Anyone running him have an opinion of him at high level with 4 vs 5 green? or 3 vs 4 red? At high level. Please understand I am more interested in someone that has used him rather than someone who is sharing their experience with their level 18 hulk.

    I've shared my opinion on this 5 times in this thread alone. I have a 5/3/5 level 120 hulk that I wish I had gone 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. The green does good damage with or without the extra destroyed tiles and the red gets a significant impact from extra points. In the end either way works just fine but there's times I wish smash had the extra 1.5 k damage
  • I'm sitting at 4/3/3 and hoping to get another Red/Black from the Hulk Smash tourney progression. Originally I was going to go 5/3/5 but I think 4/4/5 is probably fine. In the circumstances where I'm not using antoher character's green or red, having 4 in each will be fine I imagine.
Sign In or Register to comment.