*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Yes definitely. Hot him two times with his yellow, only two countdowns appeared.
  • Does anyone know if Hulk collects the black ap from the disappearing countdown tile?
  • HulkSmash wrote:
    Does anyone know if Hulk collects the black ap from the disappearing countdown tile?

If I remember my last fight correctly, no he doesn't.
  • Given his current powers I cannot imagine anything other than a 5/3/5 build. Red is just too bad to improve unless L5 removes the team damage.

If Smash was an AE against the other team as well then it might be worthwhile.
  • When playing against Hulk in the current PvE missions, he chunks my Wolverine's health down with his passive. It's not a game-ender but it really adds up.
  • I would love to play around with a maxed Rag/Hulk/Grey Widow team. All three characters capable of producing/using green to different levels of damage.
  • Fighting hulk is actually not bad, I use spiderman 51 0/3/2, Wolverine 45 5/3/5 and Thor 85 5/5/3 (when not forced to use punisher), I'll just take green to 18, red to use Thor's ability twice, and have as many red tiles on the board to spam the **** out of feral claw, the max I've done with Wolverine's was 1400 a pop if hulk isn't dead I'll just stun him a few times with spiderman, match some tiles then have Thor finish him...no issues here, keep em coming
  • So it seems like there is a weird overlap with red and green. Since we don't have upgraded numbers, we'll have to use the base numbers, but from what I can tell red is used if you don't have 10 green AP or if you have over 17 green AP (maybe more for destroyed tiles). You use green when there are more than 10 green tiles on the board, you don't have enough red, or you have between 10 and 17 green AP. With different builds, you'll probably have to recalculate it whenever you level him up. It just seems odd to have the abilities trip over themselves like that. Then again, we'll see what happens when he's leveled up.
  • I suggested a while back that Loki could have an ability that caused the AP collected by the enemy's next turn to go to you instead and reflect damage back on them. It would be so much fun to fill the screen with black Hulk countdowns then use an ability like that.
  • Brandonz13 wrote:
    Hit him with a Thor yellow and it made 2 black tiles, so probably

Nope, you must've gotten a cascade that did a second 5% to him.

I just hit him with a L85 Wolverine Adamantium Claw which did over 4k damage. Generated one black countdown.
  • The Hulk at Greenland seems like to have a L5 black skill. It adds 5 green tiles after the known 1 turn countdown PLUS deals damage to the enemy team and half of it to your own team.
  • Arclight wrote:
    The Hulk at Greenland seems like to have a L5 black skill. It adds 5 green tiles after the known 1 turn countdown PLUS deals damage to the enemy team and half of it to your own team.

This. I noticed this and looked at his power and it confirms his passive as adding 5 green.
  • It's a pain. I've been using my OTK combo (***Widow/Rag/Hood) and dropped him to about 200 health in one round. Then it was his turn. And he **** my team in 2 turns. I've been asking myself if I could imagine him being useful but now I want him quite badly.
  • f3nfire wrote:
    It's a pain. I've been using my OTK combo (***Widow/Rag/Hood) and dropped him to about 200 health in one round. Then it was his turn. And he **** my team in 2 turns. I've been asking myself if I could imagine him being useful but now I want him quite badly.

Really? Closest he's gotten is dropping my L95 Spidey to <100 health. I put him on the back line until I could get enough blue and yellow for stun and heal and finished the round full health.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    f3nfire wrote:
    It's a pain. I've been using my OTK combo (***Widow/Rag/Hood) and dropped him to about 200 health in one round. Then it was his turn. And he **** my team in 2 turns. I've been asking myself if I could imagine him being useful but now I want him quite badly.

Really? Closest he's gotten is dropping my L95 Spidey to <100 health. I put him on the back line until I could get enough blue and yellow for stun and heal and finished the round full health.

I think he will make a good defense character, being a nuisance, but not sure I would want to fight with him routinely, because of the damage done to your own team. We will have to see what the numbers look like.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misguided wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    f3nfire wrote:

I think he will make a good defense character, being a nuisance, but not sure I would want to fight with him routinely, because of the damage done to your own team. We will have to see what the numbers look like.
    It'd be while before you get enough covers that he'd be doing self damage with the black anyway
  • Spoit wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    f3nfire wrote:

It'd be while before you get enough covers that he'd be doing self damage with the black anyway

That was probably in reference to the red, which causes damage to your entire team if there are XX green tiles on the board.

His black adds more green tiles to the board, which all but guarantees the red will usually damage your entire team unless you're not putting him up front to soak up damage. Unless (hopefully) his red at higher levels (L5?) doesn't do self-damage to the team.

And if you're not putting him up front to soak up damage with this guy, what's the point?

Still seems like a very poor character that I don't see coming anywhere close to bumping Rag/Mag/Spidey/Grey Widow out of the top tier.
  • someguy wrote:
    That was probably in reference to the red, which causes damage to your entire team if there are XX green tiles on the board.

His black adds more green tiles to the board, which all but guarantees the red will usually damage your entire team unless you're not putting him up front to soak up damage.

His black damages allies as well, at higher levels. We saw that on the Greenland map.
  • Misguided wrote:
    someguy wrote:

His black adds more green tiles to the board, which all but guarantees the red will usually damage your entire team unless you're not putting him up front to soak up damage.

His black damages allies as well, at higher levels. We saw that on the Greenland map.

That...sucks even worse then. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    For Thunderous Clap

Lvl 3: Destroys 5 tiles plus one for every two green AP.
    Lvl 4: Destroys 6 tiles plus one for every two green AP.
    Lvl 5: Destroys 8 tiles plus one for every two green AP.