Deadpool vs Marvel Puzzle Quest – Aug 1 – 3

Options

Comments

• Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I've about had it with this event. The TU has broken the game, I get like 17-20 point TU and the enemy gets 5-8 point TU? not to mention I've seen them use TU with only 1 point in it? I got wiped on trivial twice because of cheap enemy TU and miracle cascades. Seeing how I am sort of new and trying to get from 2* to 3* I don't even know what all the powers are and there is no descriptions to help me. Then only a 10k prog reward list? Plus during the first part of the DP event I was up in 20's grinding the whole time and suddenly people leap frogged past me and I got shoved down to 150 and no matter what I tried, my nodes stayed low points and I couldn't catch up at all. *sigh* I already need a break from this game.....(and I need to lay off the Mountain Dew).
  • iPulzzz wrote:
    I ran the sub as soon as I read about this nasty surprise.. And it sure is nasty.. A few more levels and I would avoid it like the plague.. Though CMag is always there to save the day icon_e_biggrin.gif

For those who wants to know, just think of the most powerful shield hopping team WITH boost, and you are on the receiving end of it.. Ouch.. icon_razz.gif

Anyway this sub does not seems to be as funny as the previous.. Or maybe I already had too much Dedpul icon_e_biggrin.gif
    That node isn't half as bad as Doom + 2 Doombots
  • gobstopper wrote:
    iPulzzz wrote:
    I ran the sub as soon as I read about this nasty surprise.. And it sure is nasty.. A few more levels and I would avoid it like the plague.. Though CMag is always there to save the day icon_e_biggrin.gif

For those who wants to know, just think of the most powerful shield hopping team WITH boost, and you are on the receiving end of it.. Ouch.. icon_razz.gif

Anyway this sub does not seems to be as funny as the previous.. Or maybe I already had too much Dedpul icon_e_biggrin.gif
    That node isn't half as bad as Doom + 2 Doombots

That node was 'you lose if you didn't stun lock by turn 3', because you wouldn't have any blue to use ATU or Magnetic Field once Doom gets a Technopathic Strike off, though in the rerun it wasn't so bad because he's level 80 or so instead of level 230.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Try to have an empty TU slot when you do the final one-off node.

I got a 3 cover Whales, which I will have framed and mounted.

There might even be a devil dinosaur TU, though I doubt it.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

I got a Devil dino TU. Never going to use it, just keep it as a trophy icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I would love an empty TU slot.

The only way I'll use mine is prologue dumping them.
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

I thought about this 5 minutes before I did the node, only to completely forget about making room for it. Definitely had a brainfart, but I'll blame it on the fact that it's past 2 am here.

On a tangent, I don't know if it's just me but this PVE is definitely the most I've grinded in months. My scaling has been manageable but it started to go haywire towards the end of the first sub. I can only imagine the insanity that will be going on in about, oh 15 hours or so. I'm trying to schedule it where real life stuff won't interfere in the stretch run. I really want the whale power!

By the way, I just started laughing when Sentry got off THREE World Ruptures in a row. I beat the node with a decently covered CMags coming out as the last man standing, with a whopping 153 left on his health. Don't really know if I'm up for that again!
  • Heh, same here, due to plenty of low level opponents I didn't use any TUs since all I'd be getting was useless TUs anyway... and then I forgot about clearing a slot for this node. Too bad.

But man, this event is fun! AND WHAT THE KITTEN ARES SPEAKS!!??!! icon_lol.gif
  • Phantron wrote:

That node was 'you lose if you didn't stun lock by turn 3', because you wouldn't have any blue to use ATU or Magnetic Field once Doom gets a Technopathic Strike off, though in the rerun it wasn't so bad because he's level 80 or so instead of level 230.

Anyone know if all the attack tiles all hit at once hence causing Hulk to get angry and autowin in 3 or 4 turns? And I wish my "It hurts when I go like this" was only lvl 80.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just did 2 runs in this 2nd sub.
    Both scaling and rubberbanding seem to stay quite low for the moment.
    So it was some quiet runs (America's still sleeping?) icon_e_smile.gif

I guess this will not remains quiet too long though...
  • HairyDave wrote:
    I went to bed in 8th in the main and about 18th in the sub.

I had stuff to to do this morning so I was expecting to have slipped a bit - but not to 394th in the sub! You jerks doubled my score overnight and the worst part is I know it's going to happen again in this sub icon_cry.gif

At least I've only fallen to 50 in the main...
    This is why I don't care anymore for pve. I played until I got 8k for the last yellow Hood and I am out. In the C.Marvel pve I left the game 6h before the end as #1 with almost all (except 2 that gave 100 and 200) nodes down 1. The result? #85 and only 1 cover. This time, I am just too tired with the game and there are too many nodes and I knew I wouldn't grind all of them, so I'm leaving early. When they decide to offer EU players a fair chance at the rewards without asking us to get up 5-6am I will try it again. Until then, it's easier to aim for a top 25 in pvp and get 2 covers, or even a top 10 with a little more work. Deadpool doesn't even feel like a must have character anyway.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:

I'm grinding like a madman and am barely staying ahead in my main, so yes, this will go up to 11.
    I will NOT do this again anytime soon, but... it's Deadpool!
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    I went to bed in 8th in the main and about 18th in the sub.

I had stuff to to do this morning so I was expecting to have slipped a bit - but not to 394th in the sub! You jerks doubled my score overnight and the worst part is I know it's going to happen again in this sub icon_cry.gif

At least I've only fallen to 50 in the main...
    This is why I don't care anymore for pve. I played until I got 8k for the last yellow Hood and I am out. In the C.Marvel pve I left the game 6h before the end as #1 with almost all (except 2 that gave 100 and 200) nodes down 1. The result? #85 and only 1 cover. This time, I am just too tired with the game and there are too many nodes and I knew I wouldn't grind all of them, so I'm leaving early. When they decide to offer EU players a fair chance at the rewards without asking us to get up 5-6am I will try it again. Until then, it's easier to aim for a top 25 in pvp and get 2 covers, or even a top 10 with a little more work. Deadpool doesn't even feel like a must have character anyway.

Yeah, yesterday I've got myself to #19 with 4hrs to go. I went to bed, then woke up this morning got #400+. That was absolute ****.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

I got a Devil dino TU. Never going to use it, just keep it as a trophy icon_e_biggrin.gif

I am so jealous! I tried for a Dino Team-Up on the last node, but only obtained Whales :/

Congrats!
  • Sumilea wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Anyone know if all the attack tiles all hit at once hence causing Hulk to get angry and autowin in 3 or 4 turns? And I wish my "It hurts when I go like this" was only lvl 80.

Well to answer my own question yes it does work making this node damn easy with Hulk and lazy thor. Hulk get beat up a few time Thor swings hammer all over.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:

I'm grinding like a madman and am barely staying ahead in my main, so yes, this will go up to 11.

Indeed, this event is the mother of all grinds. And there is no shortage of players grinding this one to the ground and then some. Maybe the scaling in this sub will finally slow some people down, but I severely doubt it.
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

I envy you so much...my TU slots are all full, I rarely use them and I don't have the time to remove them in the Prologue.

It may be a silly question, but I've not received a single boost this far in PvE. Have they been replaced with TUs? I much prefer boosts, especially when you need to win a battle quickly.
  • Spoit wrote:

Same boat. icon_e_biggrin.gif So, now we have him playable at least in TU form.
    Rico Dredd wrote:
    But man, this event is fun! AND WHAT THE KITTEN ARES SPEAKS!!??!! icon_lol.gif

How about Loki? This is his first words too.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:

EVERYONE is grinding this pve like mad people. Agreed that there will be a sprint bloodbath grindfest in the last hour.

best of luck to all. and may the most sleep deprived win.

marc
  • Hehe, I think I got lucky with my brackets.

Sub: #131/1000, main: #5/500. And unless I miss my guess, the rubberbanding is off the sub icon_e_smile.gif

Also, the Sentry node only gives me Level 5 World Ruptures as Team-Ups, which is really nice for someone who has a maxed 5G Patch (my only maxed character)!