Deadpool vs Marvel Puzzle Quest – Aug 1 – 3

Comments

• The servers went out for me after 0 minutes left. So I don't think anyone missed anything.
  • Was feeling pretty good about where I was with about 5 minutes left, in 3rd with no shot at top 2 but 1200 points up on 6th. Figured another 100 point node wasn't going to do too much either way, so, **** it, went to make a sandwich. Come back from the kitchen, sammich in hand, to check my score and...comm link disrupted. Son of a...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was hovering between 4th and 6th in the last 30 minutes, and have no idea how I finished now. At least this isn't agonizing at all.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    My internet connection's fine, MPQ, now load the game so I know if I held onto 5th place.

Ditto I think I did but whats the hardest I had to fight for 3 covers on a new character ever. (In fact I changed the order I did the nodes in the last hour this time around since I appeared to lose out in the last sub)

Ditto here as well. The difference between 1st and about 8th in my bracket was about 250 points. Couldn't even stop to check where I was placing at to try to keep up with the zombie horde.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure I was Top 5 main and Top 10 sub for Deadpool, and that was with less than a minute to go when it borked. Guess we'll see.

It was Lord of Thunder where I needed to put in some time in the last hour (heh, alongside everyone else that's not shielded I bet).
  • And think of the poor people that though I know I do Lord of thunder PvP in the last hour!
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Guys, don't you see?

This is Deadpool vs. Marvel Puzzle Quest. Obviously Deadpool won at the end!
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    The Final final node, Deadpool vs The PQ Servers?
  • My head literally hurts from grinding that last hour. I don't think I've ever grinded so hard in my 10 months of playing. I'm pretty sure I missed out on 5th by minimal points but I'm hoping that the alliance who took me in were able to hold top 100.

Big ups to Apex Predators for giving this merc a mission!
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Lyrian wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    My internet connection's fine, MPQ, now load the game so I know if I held onto 5th place.

Ditto I think I did but whats the hardest I had to fight for 3 covers on a new character ever. (In fact I changed the order I did the nodes in the last hour this time around since I appeared to lose out in the last sub)

Ditto here as well. The difference between 1st and about 8th in my bracket was about 250 points. Couldn't even stop to check where I was placing at to try to keep up with the zombie horde.

I was @ 4th place, and the diff between 2-5 and 6-10 is that 3rd cover...I didn't even check my actual score since I was trying to keep top 5, I just went with what my node screen was telling me since I was lining up my node fights...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    So, I'm not the only one seeing the dreaded Comm Link Disrupted message, good to know. OTOH fix it... I wanted top 5 in LoT...
  • I finished #2 in my tier, but Deadpool dropped a narwhal on the MPQ servers.
  • kalirion wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    There's no need for last minute warning in this event. Due to the way the RB works, if you're not within about top 100 it's already way too late for you to do anything unless you have an instant win hack, and I'm not even sure if that's enough for you to catch up to the guys in the top 5 who have scores that looked like they didn't sleep yet since the last sub started.

I dunno, I'm #1 in my main bracket with 34.6k and I slept quite well. Wondering whether to start the last push yet or wait a bit more to get the most out of RB.

Just hoping nobody just below me is waiting to get any 1000 point nodes.

I got guys with a 2000 point lead in my main bracket and I ended the 1st sub as #1 and did the maximum number of possible 2H 24M cycles after I woke up until the end of the event, so there are definitely some guys who also did all the cycles while I was asleep.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    The alliance scores must have been really tight. We were 102nd about 50 minutes out and finished about 37th (I think - checked with 2 minutes left).
  • The rate at which I was buried at the end despite constantly clearing nodes kinda amazes me.

Almost wiping on the thug/ muscle node stunk too.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Phantron wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    There's no need for last minute warning in this event. Due to the way the RB works, if you're not within about top 100 it's already way too late for you to do anything unless you have an instant win hack, and I'm not even sure if that's enough for you to catch up to the guys in the top 5 who have scores that looked like they didn't sleep yet since the last sub started.

I dunno, I'm #1 in my main bracket with 34.6k and I slept quite well. Wondering whether to start the last push yet or wait a bit more to get the most out of RB.

I got guys with a 2000 point lead in my main bracket and I ended the 1st sub as #1 and did the maximum number of possible 2H 24M cycles after I woke up until the end of the event, so there are definitely some guys who also did all the cycles while I was asleep.

Well I had like an 800 point lead 10 minutes before the end, and I kept playing nodes (80-150 value at this point) until the servers died, so I think I probably kept my place.

I just hope the server crash wasn't so bad that they lost data and will have to redo the event again! (Deadpool getting the last laugh)
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

I joined a bracket immediately and there was a lot of separation in my main bracket. The guy who was #1 has about 40K and that's 2K more than anyone else, and there's about a 700 point difference between #5 and #6.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Phantron wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I missed one cycle getting 4 hours sleep and 51 people in my sub showed me who's hardcore.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Balth99 wrote:
    I finished #2 in my tier, but Deadpool dropped a narwhal on the MPQ servers.

LOL, that's funny. So can't play MPQ all we can do is come to the forums and talk about MPQ. icon_lol.gif

A little self-congratulations to me for placing 5th in main and Fallout alliance finishing somewhere around 18th. Couldn't check the alliance placement since MPQ says my internet connection is down icon_e_confused.gif .
  • Moral wrote:
    I missed one cycle getting 4 hours sleep and 51 people in my sub showed me who's hardcore.

Are you kidding? I loved it when people in the subs would jump ahead of me, more rubberbanding for the main event!