Deadpool vs Marvel Puzzle Quest – Aug 1 – 3

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went all out with Patchneto the final 55 Minutes, because I needed to win fast so I gave up on scaling.

Now wondering if I made T2.

And yes, I clearly see the benefit of the end time of midnight EST on Sunday, we can't shift that icon_lol.gif
  • - Brilliant writing
    - Reasonable rubberbanding
    - Ideal length
    - Good amount of nodes (2nd part)

BLOODY 5AM END TIMES TWICE IN THREE DAYS!!!

So, here I am at my desk at work... knackered from having to get up at 1:30am and 4am to maintain a top 25 rank (hopefully... was 19th with 4 mins left).

Such a good event, such a shame D3 refuses to acknowledge the EU end time issue.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    - Brilliant writing
    - Reasonable rubberbanding
    - Ideal length
    - Good amount of nodes (2nd part)

BLOODY 5AM END TIMES TWICE IN THREE DAYS!!!

So, here I am at my desk at work... knackered from having to get up at 1:30am and 4am to maintain a top 25 rank (hopefully... was 19th with 4 mins left).

Such a good event, such a shame D3 refuses to acknowledge the EU end time issue.
    Well done you. I did the 1:30am run, and just couldn't wake up for 4am alarm clock. Was at #26 when I slept, so fingers crossed I stay in Top 100.
  • mohio wrote:
    See the admin announcement on top of the "general discussion" page. Servers are down for now and no one is getting in. Not sure what that means yet for Thor tourney or the end of this one (which doesn't seem to really have been effected despite claims to the opposite).

It did not effect me at all. I finished a match about 10 seconds passed the cut off time. I got the normal "HA HA TOO SLOW NO POINTS FOR YOU" screen when this happens it then dropped to the sub screen. It was only after the sub and main where removed due to it finishing when I got the dreaded "check you internet connection"
  • If that was the case for you then actually the outage didn't affect the PvE at all? I assumed the outage happened a minute or two before the event closed. If it was any time after the end then it had zero impact on rankings.

I wouldn't know as my last match started 1 minute before, and ended about 2 minutes after finish time and the servers were already down.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I saw "Time Remaining: <1 minute" before it died so I don't think it's going to skew the results too much.

PVP on the other hand...
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I saw "Time Remaining: <1 minute" before it died so I don't think it's going to skew the results too much.

PVP on the other hand...

This.
  • Server Back up. I finished second on 38249 just under 1K behind first and 700 points above 6th. I think I going to give the next PvE a miss, played this one far to much.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Server Back up. I finished second on 38249 just under 1K behind first and 700 points above 6th. I think I going to give the next PvE a miss, played this one far to much.
    Same here, but only 300 points behind first.
    Definitely taking a break on the next PVE.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fortunately it didn't screw over the ranking (due to last min server issues). Caught a quick glimpse before it went down that I've dropped to #100, then the anxious wait to see whether it's true. It turned out it wasn't & I got pushed up to #97, I was quite relieved.

This is the 3rd time where I come home from work & decided to stay up to 5am grinding the hell out of event. Nothing like to have Man Vs. Food on TV throughout my run till the event ended - I thought it was appropriate as I keep thinking Man Vs. MPQ.

5hrs before the event ended I was #400+ on the sub node, manage to reach as high as #31 by the end of it), now I question again, why no repeat or parallel the event in different end time for EU? A bit of a rhetorical question but still.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    OK, this was unexpected o.o

I just did this event to test how much MPQ changed since I stoped playing-- I went to bed at #14, didnt manage to get up in time to play before the event ended, and still finished with < rank 25 o.o
  • DroidDoes
    DroidDoes Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Was grinding like mad up until the end; was at 99th place after winning my last two battles, decided to do one more battle, which I won, and then the infamous crash. Woke up this morning to check it out....and I came in 103rd! So close.....
  • I got my first #1 in a PVE, but I don't think I'm going to try and do that again anytime soon. This was as perfect an event for my schedule as I think they've ever run, so I was a little bit more willing to grind that extra bit (was mainly just trying for top 5, but when I saw #1 was possible I seized the opportunity). The thing is, if I could have gone to bed at 11 like I usually do and still gotten top 5, I would have been more than happy with that. But that would have likely dropped me down 50 places.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Server Back up. I finished second on 38249 just under 1K behind first and 700 points above 6th. I think I going to give the next PvE a miss, played this one far to much.
    Same here, but only 300 points behind first.
    Definitely taking a break on the next PVE.

You both say that now...
  • DroidDoes wrote:
    Was grinding like mad up until the end; was at 99th place after winning my last two battles, decided to do one more battle, which I won, and then the infamous crash. Woke up this morning to check it out....and I came in 103rd! So close.....

I have to imagine there will be consideration for folks like us who were very likely pushed over the 100 mark by the crash. Happened to me mid fight where I stood to gain over 500 points and I ended up #104. I'll bet they hand out a few Deadpool covers to people in the top 150-200.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    SharnDM wrote:
    DroidDoes wrote:

I have to imagine there will be consideration for folks like us who were very likely pushed over the 100 mark by the crash. Happened to me mid fight where I stood to gain over 500 points and I ended up #104. I'll bet they hand out a few Deadpool covers to people in the top 150-200.
    Hello, MPQ optimism! I haven't seen you in a while icon_e_wink.gif

(I think you may be disappointed - a handful of ISO and some HP for the PvP screwup is about all you'll see)
  • Well that was a nice surprise. I went out for errands and dinner yesterday and came back with 40 minutes left in the event. Juggs then proceeded to welcome my race to the end by totally wiping my team in record time. couldn't see my finish before servers crashed, but woke up to a shiny green x-force! I don't know if s/he's on this forum, but good challenge by Rico Dredd (Retribution) - you kept me pushing all weekend!
  • Sumilea wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    See the admin announcement on top of the "general discussion" page. Servers are down for now and no one is getting in. Not sure what that means yet for Thor tourney or the end of this one (which doesn't seem to really have been effected despite claims to the opposite).

It did not effect me at all. I finished a match about 10 seconds passed the cut off time. I got the normal "HA HA TOO SLOW NO POINTS FOR YOU" screen when this happens it then dropped to the sub screen. It was only after the sub and main where removed due to it finishing when I got the dreaded "check you internet connection"

This is exactly what happened to me. The outage did not affect me in any way for Deadpool. (Missed out on playing Lard of Thunder, but that's fine). I'm a little bummed at myself for constantly exiting the sub to check my standing in the main instead of just continuing to grind, because I ended up in 2nd, a whopping 8 points behind 1st.

Still an excellent PVE.
  • Well, I think this is the second time I got #1 in an event, first time was in one of those paid premium PVPs.
  • Do covers like Deadpool get rereleased in the future to build on what you have or is it a one time release?