Deadpool vs Marvel Puzzle Quest – Aug 1 – 3

Comments

• Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Last I chked I was 8th....hope I held on to top 10........when will we get our servers bk
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Moral wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    There's no need for last minute warning in this event. Due to the way the RB works, if you're not within about top 100 it's already way too late for you to do anything unless you have an instant win hack, and I'm not even sure if that's enough for you to catch up to the guys in the top 5 who have scores that looked like they didn't sleep yet since the last sub started.

I dunno, I'm #1 in my main bracket with 34.6k and I slept quite well. Wondering whether to start the last push yet or wait a bit more to get the most out of RB.

Just hoping nobody just below me is waiting to get any 1000 point nodes.

I got guys with a 2000 point lead in my main bracket and I ended the 1st sub as #1 and did the maximum number of possible 2H 24M cycles after I woke up until the end of the event, so there are definitely some guys who also did all the cycles while I was asleep.

I missed one cycle getting 4 hours sleep and 51 people in my sub showed me who's hardcore.
    I had that on the first sub. You get punished for being merely human.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the plus side, this gives our characters time to True Heal - just think how that will effect the sales of Health Packs...
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Joined this bracket about 8 hours before the end and probably won it with 18200... my stupid work cycles pay off with those stupid American end times icon_e_wink.gif
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    So as I sit here waiting to see if I stayed in the top 100 ( I was somewhere around 58? 68?), on the radio Tom Petty starts singing about how the waiting is the hardest part. Now I need to know if I stayed top 100 AND I need a radio that isn't broken all over the floor.......
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    mags1587 wrote:
    My internet connection's fine, MPQ, now load the game so I know if I held onto 5th place.
    Mags you had it man, great job. With 10 minutes left I checked and just gave up cause no way I could get 800 to catch you and couldn't fall to 11th either. Again, great job and grats man.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I think I managed to secure a top 25 before the servers went down but the scores were so tight I can't be sure icon_e_confused.gif
    Beside I'm sure the servers' issue happened after the end of the event so no score loss for anybody.

Anyone want to bet how long will be the servers issue?
    I guess I can forget playing a last push in Thor tournament icon_neutral.gif
  • The rate at which I was buried at the end despite constantly clearing nodes kinda amazes me.

Almost wiping on the thug/ muscle node stunk too.

I got wiped on the Doom node about 10 minutes before the end. Turn 1 cascade gave him about 8 blue, 6 black and enough team-up AP for something or other. Turn 2 technopathic strike + summon demons + another cascade, turn 3 more summon demons. Almost, ALMOST pulled it out with Patch... ended up needing to hope that a match 4 led to one further match to kill off the last goon before I died to the demons. It didn't.
  • All I can do is hope I grabbed top 10 with my last node, provided the information actually made it to the server...

I was 20 points from top 10 and cleared a node for 295. Maybe just maybe I'll finally have a glimmer of luck. Quite a long shot for me, since I never have any luck with MPQ... >.<

PS: Anyone that can actually connect to the server, you suck. That is all.
  • mohio
    Glutton for punishment maybe, but I kinda hope they rerun this with the euro-friendly endings. At least I won't miss most of a day due to it being the weekend and doing real life stuff.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I can do is hope I grabbed top 10 with my last node, provided the information actually made it to the server...

I was 20 points from top 10 and cleared a node for 295. Maybe just maybe I'll finally have a glimmer of luck. Quite a long shot for me, since I never have any luck with MPQ... >.<

Where's your sig? icon_razz.gif

From what I saw the servers crashed right after the event finished. Morbitrius went over to the PvP with 5 minutes left in the PvE. He was just hitting the shield button when the server crashed. No shield with over 1200 points icon_cry.gif but nobody else can connect hopefully.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    mohio wrote:
    Glutton for punishment maybe, but I kinda hope they rerun this with the euro-friendly endings. At least I won't miss most of a day due to it being the weekend and doing real life stuff.
    I can't believe this... but I hope that you're right so much! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Zhirrzh wrote:
    The rate at which I was buried at the end despite constantly clearing nodes kinda amazes me.

Almost wiping on the thug/ muscle node stunk too.

I got wiped on the Doom node about 10 minutes before the end. Turn 1 cascade gave him about 8 blue, 6 black and enough team-up AP for something or other. Turn 2 technopathic strike + summon demons + another cascade, turn 3 more summon demons. Almost, ALMOST pulled it out with Patch... ended up needing to hope that a match 4 led to one further match to kill off the last goon before I died to the demons. It didn't.

This. Although after first wipe this afternoon on it, I subbed hulk as my main and just monitored dooms gem levels. Hulk would take the summons, anger into a cascade, Thor hammer the team, rinse, repeat.
  • mohio wrote:

Considering that their servers crashed (again) and this was only 3 days long PvE I believe this might actually be very plausible possibility. We can only hope...
  • slaxer723
    slaxer723 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    All I can do is hope I grabbed top 10 with my last node, provided the information actually made it to the server...

Where's your sig? icon_razz.gif

From what I saw the servers crashed right after the event finished. Morbitrius went over to the PvP with 5 minutes left in the PvE. He was just hitting the shield button when the server crashed. No shield with over 1200 points icon_cry.gif but nobody else can connect hopefully.

I just finished a node, and it went back to the story screen. Then poof! Check Internet connection
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess they weren't expecting all the new Comic Con players. This'll leave a good impression, huh?
  • Good thing they have all their end times staffed.

Can somebody explain why we can't have rotating end times now?
  • now i still can not contact service. does any on do?
  • mohio
    See the admin announcement on top of the "general discussion" page. Servers are down for now and no one is getting in. Not sure what that means yet for Thor tourney or the end of this one (which doesn't seem to really have been effected despite claims to the opposite).
  • mohio wrote:
    See the admin announcement on top of the "general discussion" page. Servers are down for now and no one is getting in. Not sure what that means yet for Thor tourney or the end of this one (which doesn't seem to really have been effected despite claims to the opposite).

Yeah, I was reasonably comfortable at 21 so while I'd rather not lose my last ~500 points from the final node I played, I'm not worried about Deadpool. I wonder how they'll handle the Thor tourney though. This could actually play to my advantage since I was in bad shape for health going into that final hour.