Deadpool vs Marvel Puzzle Quest – Aug 1 – 3

Options

Comments

• Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Falcon + Daken + whoever can pretty much brute force anything at the level the enemy are in this event. As long as Daken is usable, Falcon is a top tier PvE powerhouse.

KAW!
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Ugh. Was bouncing up to #2 after doing my clears right at my 2.5 hour marks. Then life threw me a cascade tonight. Only bouncing up to 25ish after a clear now. Darn, I was doing so good too. Oh wells, dang you real life confirmation bias!
  • Hrmm....

Looking at the teaser pics from the first page of the thread, the first was mostly accurate albeit with the need to cram all the nodes onto one screen (thus being in the wrong locations). If the pic holds true for the second sub, then it is suggesting a very small sub and only one essential node this time around.

Also, reading between the lines, this suggests that b][u]potential MAJOR spoiler for 2nd sub - open at your own risk/peril[/u][/b.
    In a surprise to probably no one, Deadpool has to be defeated for the end-of-event ISO prize (note the red checkmark next to the node with Deadpool's icon on it).
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Weee, looks like scaling's not in effect yet for the second sub- the first mission (Yelena-Analyst-Pyro btw) is at level 38. I don't really wanna join the sub yet to confirm suspicions mentioned above, but it looks like this'll be good at any rate.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I went to bed in 8th in the main and about 18th in the sub.

I had stuff to to do this morning so I was expecting to have slipped a bit - but not to 394th in the sub! You jerks doubled my score overnight and the worst part is I know it's going to happen again in this sub icon_cry.gif

At least I've only fallen to 50 in the main...
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, that was one mad dash. Real life got in the way for about 7-8 hours and then I was left with 30 minutes to get as many points as possible. Managed to make my way back to 10th in main, so not so bad. Need some more work to do to get back to top 5 though.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I went to bed in 8th in the main and about 18th in the sub.

I had stuff to to do this morning so I was expecting to have slipped a bit - but not to 394th in the sub! You jerks doubled my score overnight and the worst part is I know it's going to happen again in this sub icon_cry.gif

At least I've only fallen to 50 in the main...
    It's ok Dave. We forgive you.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I can feel the love icon_lol.gif
  • Seen any RB/scale on the first node of the new sub yet? Mine's 3 lvl 38s worth 98 points.
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    Seen any RB/scale on the first node of the new sub yet? Mine's 3 lvl 38s worth 98 points.

There it goes. Went to 102 after a minute.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Through all the nodes, gratz to D3 on a fun/interesting/different story on this one!
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think this is the best PVE they've run in ages. The enemy variety alone makes it top tier, but the reasonable length, manageable scaling, and opportunity to use my whole roster are really making this one an absolute blast. It's also giving me the chance to shred teams with my newly embiggened Black Panther, who is a yellow machine now.

I agree 100%

Love everything about this pve to this point
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    am i the only one excited about the fact that Ares FINALLY had a line of dialogue? i hope not....
  • ERock4
    ERock4 Posts: 42
    Options
    This has been a great PvE.
    Though it was a little bit of a tease to have Deadpool mention adding him to your roster when you beat the last node...here I was hoping for a Sentry situation where the reward was a cover.
  • Videocrazy
    Videocrazy Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I loved this event. It doesn't feel like it's spinning in place (like Thick as Thieves does, for example, running the same three sub events twice in one main event), the sub events are a good length, and I the fights seemed to be well structured, at least in my opinion. Still hate dealing with NPCs that feed AP to one hero, like the "2 Pyros and Human Torch" from the Sentry event, or Doom and his bots.

On another note, anyone else taking the time to fill their Team-Up roster with some of the most annoying powers, like Sentry's everything and Nick Fury's Demolition?

Finally, the game lied. Despite joking how he fought the Brotherhood experiments because it's not "Deadpool vs. MOST of Marvel Puzzle Quest", they actually missed some of the NPC enemies. I distinctly remember a variant of the Brawler NPC which healed health and had a red "eye" (though the name eludes me), and they also missed the Bomb Tech and Demolitionist. Possibly one or two more I've forgotten. So it is actually "Deadpool vs. MOST of Marvel Puzzle Quest".
  • ERock4 wrote:
    Though it was a little bit of a tease to have Deadpool mention adding him to your roster when you beat the last node...here I was hoping for a Sentry situation where the reward was a cover.

Agreed. I just finished it as well.

The map almost the same size as the Heroes sub, in the end.

-- 5 Standard Nodes: 3 Normal track, 2 Hard track difficulty
    -- 2 Team-Up Nodes: 0 Normal track, 2 Hard track difficulty
    -- 2 Essential Nodes
    -- 1 Conclusion, one-time node.

So, 10 nodes in total; 9 of which are repeatable.

Oh, and heads-up for people that want to jump in late, there's a pleasant "surprise" waiting for them.

The node right before the concluding node, and the "Iso Stash", is going to be very, very nasty once it scales to a decent level (even as a Team-Up node with Deadpool). Just saying... icon_e_geek.gif
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    ERock4 wrote:

Agreed. I just finished it as well.

The map almost the same size as the Heroes sub, in the end.

-- 5 Standard Nodes: 3 Normal track, 2 Hard track difficulty
    -- 2 Team-Up Nodes: 0 Normal track, 2 Hard track difficulty
    -- 2 Essential Nodes
    -- 1 Conclusion, one-time node.

So, 10 nodes in total; 9 of which are repeatable.

Oh, and heads-up for people that want to jump in late, there's a pleasant "surprise" waiting for them.

The node right before the concluding node, and the "Iso Stash", is going to be very, very nasty once it scales to a decent level (even as a Team-Up node with Deadpool). Just saying... icon_e_geek.gif
    Oh really. Do tell. I love spoilers...
  • I ran the sub as soon as I read about this nasty surprise.. And it sure is nasty.. A few more levels and I would avoid it like the plague.. Though CMag is always there to save the day icon_e_biggrin.gif

For those who wants to know, just think of the most powerful shield hopping team WITH boost, and you are on the receiving end of it.. Ouch.. icon_razz.gif

Anyway this sub does not seems to be as funny as the previous.. Or maybe I already had too much Dedpul icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Haven't done the villian sub yet, but from what people are saying I'm guessing Sentry + Lieutenant + Pyro?
  • Videocrazy
    Videocrazy Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Haven't done the villian sub yet, but from what people are saying I'm guessing Sentry + Lieutenant + Pyro?

Not quite. Actual lineup in the spoiler.
    Sentry, 2* Daken, and a Grenadier.