Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I forgot to add Berserk Rage + Rampage is all sorts of fun icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    I'm not sure if I missed it earlier in the thread but the health regen times in the Balance of power confuse me

punisher & 2 star Thor need the same time to heal different amounts ~ 8k for Thor/6k for Punisher (2h35 minutes)

I'm enjoying this event and hope it replaces shield simulator... Would be neat if each weekend they buff a few underused characters to 300

Edit: so Punisher 6k/10.6k 60% health to recover, Thor 8k/16.6k so roughly 50% health... So 2 stars heal faster than 3 stars and I guess 1 stars heal even faster???

They're not healing their buffed amounts; they're healing their regular amounts.
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't like this event? I have spent so much time working hard and leveling up my 3* characters to have them almost useless against Jugs that I never even recruited..I have 2 1* in my roster and they have never been maxed out because iso was used for the good 3*.

And I am being punished for this now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesn't like this event? I have spent so much time working hard and leveling up my 3* characters to have them almost useless against Jugs that I never even recruited..I have 2 1* in my roster and they have never been maxed out because iso was used for the good 3*.

Depends on how badly you want Psylocke covers, but maxed 2 stars play very well. Take an opportunity to try out some new combinations if you've got some variety in your roster.

I only need the red Psylocke cover but I'm enjoying using 2 star Daken and Thor since my 3 star versions are still missing covers
  • Unknown
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:
    Don't take it as something personal. I have a *** oriented roster too and I'm not going to score 900+ (I think I wouldn't get even to 400+ icon_lol.gif ), but it's something different and can be fun (I'm fighting only maxed über ** and * that are more terrifing than the *** icon_e_surprised.gif ). This happened before with other PvPs (only ***, lone star and No Mans Land) and wasn't so terrible.

At least it's not a season event icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I never actually post here but I wanted to give the Devs credit for doing something different. This is the first PvP in a long time when I've actually thought about using a variety of characters, even basing my character selection on the opposing group. Secondly props for giving * & ** teams not only a fighting chance but a genuine advantage, it's annoying, it's great. Obviously this isn't going to be a regular PvP, but I think at least once a month would be a reasonable rate. It would increase the playability for recent adds, and I wonder if people will score even better in this one [not individually but as a whole, due to the pyramid nature of PvP scoring].

Someone said something about it not being a season event, I get that reasoning, so maybe once a month... but only in the week between seasons [and there absolutely should be a week between seasons.]
  • Unknown
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:

Only unless you take it easy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They should definitely move to a week break between seasons for fun stuff like this. Another idea is double ap on matches. Or double damage on blue black abilities one tourney. The next red green. Do affiliation teams. Only dark avengers or xmen. Whatever your first character you pick is the rest have to follow
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks to the Devs for this event. It's a lot of fun. I don't think that I am sure what the rewards are, but I am having so much fun, that I don't even think I care. I do miss the seasons though.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:

For one event. And then you'll punish everyone else (as normal) for the next 20 events or so?

This is a fun event, and interesting to find new combos. I hope they run it again. I also hope it is at a time like today: 1) not during a season 2) no other PVP 3)no other PVE running.

That lets me actually use all my 1*/2* roster folks, as they are good but usually get taken half or more down each battle, leaving a 2-3 hour recovery time. Only by using many of them for several matchups can I gain much ground, but it's fun to be able to actually play more than 3-4 matches again (thanks once more, True Healing). Not having to hold out characters for the PVE is nice.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    People whining about this tournament is funny to me. They have the advantage 99.9% of the time, and the one time there is no advantage, complain about being punished.

I certainly wish I had any viable 1*'s (other than m.storm) or any viable 3*'s so I could try more combos, but the event is still by far the most fun I have had playing to date. The one caveat I would list is that random cascades on the defensive teams favor hurt even more than ever now. Still, one loss to th that so far isn't bad. Happened to he a mirror team with one of their toons half leveled (obw). Should have been easy, but the cascades killed off my obw fast, and the powers finished everyone else off lickity split. 4 turn loss... not the first time, won't be the last.
  • Unknown
    Options
    People whining about this tournament is funny to me. They have the advantage 99.9% of the time, and the one time there is no advantage, complain about being punished.

I certainly wish I had any viable 1*'s (other than m.storm) or any viable 3*'s so I could try more combos, but the event is still by far the most fun I have had playing to date. The one caveat I would list is that random cascades on the defensive teams favor hurt even more than ever now. Still, one loss to th that so far isn't bad. Happened to he a mirror team with one of their toons half leveled (obw). Should have been easy, but the cascades killed off my obw fast, and the powers finished everyone else off lickity split. 4 turn loss... not the first time, won't be the last.

Are there people whining? I like the PvP myself. I'd like to see them do this at the end of each season as sort of a "Super Bowl" for each respective season. I don't see why anyone would dislike the tourney.

This PvP doesn't change anything other than the characters you see or can effectively use. One thing that hasn't changed is Fabio still doesn't care how much HP you have icon_e_smile.gif
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:
    Don't take it as something personal. I have a *** oriented roster too and I'm not going to score 900+ (I think I wouldn't get even to 400+ icon_lol.gif ), but it's something different and can be fun (I'm fighting only maxed über ** and * that are more terrifing than the *** icon_e_surprised.gif ). This happened before with other PvPs (only ***, lone star and No Mans Land) and wasn't so terrible.

At least it's not a season event icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah, not taking it personal, just hope they don't make a habit of it, as I don't have a huge 2* maxed roster (played Thor, Wolvie,OBW till fingers bled) and have mostly transitioned to 3*. And it is nice to use different characters. I just have this sinking feeling it is another ploy for money from the devs. If they keep doing these, how many people are going to use HP for slots to put in a Juggy or Venom that they may have sold???
  • Unknown
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:

If you're using your standard teams, the matchup are basically flipped around where the 3* teams are at the biggest handicap while the 1* team have the biggest advantage. Of course, it's not that expensive to get Jugg to 40, and everyone should have Modern Storm at 50 for PvE already, and Storm + OBW + someone is on par with Juggernaut but it excels at different things (winning easily, but likely to be attacked more).
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm finding that maxed 2* Wolvie, Tinydaken, and a highly leveled Black Panther make for a fun combo.

Tinydaken provides strike tiles, Wolvie can provide strike tiles and direct damage, Panther can provide strike tiles, protect tiles, and AOE damage.
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm loving this event. I think it's a great idea to level the field, and I'm having fun mixing 1* and 3*. I've been wanting to feed BP environment tiles with 1* Storm's red for a while now.

I hope this event is put in frequent rotation.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Y4H1WIY.png
    82ilCs0.png
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Locked, you're in my queue with Ares, OBW and Hood.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Locked, you're in my queue with Ares, OBW and Hood.

That's a sneaky combination, two AP stealers and one heavy hitter.

Somehow I managed to get +29 defensive points using Ares, Hulk & OBW as the def team (naturally I lost few defensive matches also). I don't complain, that knocked me over 300 points and I gots me token. icon_mrgreen.gif
    (...which gave me 2* Daken icon_mad.gif )
  • Unknown
    Options
    I"m kind of loving this. My problem is that I focused more on diversity than on maxing a bunch of characters out. So while I do not have many viable options, I love getting to play against differest characters.

I wonder if they'll ever do a pvp where your team can only have good guys or bad guys, and whichever one you select you only face the opposite in the tournament. I hope they wait till their are more villains before they do that though.