Balance of Power - July 16-18

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Slogged to 800, would like to hit 900, but ran out of healthpacks. Guess I will break out Magneto for 4-5 20-pointers and drift down after that!

Edit: nope, got hit. But I wouldn't probably pull anything usable, so whatever.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i also agree that d3 did something right for the first time in a long time.

there is a certain fun team comp that has 1 1*, 1 2* and 1 3* that is pretty much unstoppable (except freak monster cascades) that is able to defeat any team. in fact i don't pay attention to the enemy team comp, i just look for what match offers the most points at the time. this team has yet to be beaten legitimately by the ai except for the aforementioned freak monster cascades. icon_evil.gif

Can you share the knowledge? I'm doing alright with Storm 1*, BW 2* and Patch 3*.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Kinda weird and kinda cool to be in the top 10 with a 5DV member and someone non-aligned with a 2* roster at the same time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I had two humiliating losses in a row against Hood, OBW, MStorm

Sure, that team has massive AP gain, but it shouldn't be able to do any damage. Yet they ate through Juggs health like it was nothing.
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I had two humiliating losses in a row against Hood, OBW, MStorm

Sure, that team has massive AP gain, but it shouldn't be able to do any damage. Yet they ate through Juggs health like it was nothing.

Well jugs doesn't help with his health sometimes lol

Hood can shoot ...

Also is it the storm that's grey then ..her tile move can mess u up and OBW will heal the team and then repeat .
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Options
    Whose the best team you've seen so far ?

Ares jugg and wolverine look good but no blue/purp/black tiles ..but quick green , lots of damage ..or even thor instead of jugs/ares so you have yellow without hurting yourself/a non suicidal character with wolverine lol .
  • Unknown
    Options
    mStorm, OBW, Bullseye in the forest

Phantron started with even better idea of mStorm, OBW, CMags that goes infinite in zero time.
    But not good for practice as it takes FOREVER to kill the 30-50k health of the opposing team.

Your version would take 3-4 forevers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Joker117 wrote:
    Whose the best team you've seen so far ?

Ares jugg and wolverine look good but no blue/purp/black tiles ..but quick green , lots of damage ..or even thor instead of jugs/ares so you have yellow without hurting yourself/a non suicidal character with wolverine lol .

Use BP with 2 of the many big-hp RG(Y) guys.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got some defensive wins overnight (sentry daken hood). When active it's been obw juggs and ares. I don't know why folks would run mstorm or bullseye when juggernaut can practically one hit kill them. I find this pvp to be dull. I would like to use the other 3 stars I have like daredevil and psylocke but since they are not maxed they are substandard compared to these 1 and 2 stars.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    I got some defensive wins overnight (sentry daken hood). When active it's been obw juggs and ares. I don't know why folks would run mstorm or bullseye when juggernaut can practically one hit kill them. I find this pvp to be dull. I would like to use the other 3 stars I have like daredevil and psylocke but since they are not maxed they are substandard compared to these 1 and 2 stars.
    That's my one real complaint too - use anything that's not maxed (or close to it) and you're toast.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    user311 wrote:
    That's my one real complaint too - use anything that's not maxed (or close to it) and you're toast.
    That's the best thing about this PVP - it rewards me for having 20 maxed chars and lets me bring out Venom as a viable character. Venom.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still not really digging this event myself, but I have to say that I'm honestly happy that so many other players seem to be enjoying it. The community desperately needed a bit of positivity.

Of course D3 immediately followed it up with a poorly communicated, poorly timed Daken nerf... but hey, baby steps, people. Baby steps. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Headbutting fathor into oblivion... Devouring Juggs like Hot wings... It's a fun event, unless you literally have no maxed 1-2*s icon_e_biggrin.gif (My Venom's not maxed! But I felt so nostalgic when breaking out the rainbow machine of slow death that is 5/5/3 mStorm, x/5/x Spidey and 5/4 Venom...)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    mStorm, OBW, Bullseye in the forest

Phantron started with even better idea of mStorm, OBW, CMags that goes infinite in zero time.
    But not good for practice as it takes FOREVER to kill the 30-50k health of the opposing team.

Your version would take 3-4 forevers.

Headbutt -Anti Gravity - Headbutt - Anti Gravity is a really fun pattern to use. Been mostly going IM35 to spam protect tiles while I load up those two powers.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    I would like to use the other 3 stars I have like daredevil

NO! Bad user311... Bad!
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    oBW without strike tiles is such a sad panda
  • HairyDave
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    oBW without strike tiles is such a sad panda
    That's why Wolverine of any flavour is her BFF.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hardly anyone seems to be shielding so far? The top of my bracket is 700 and I'm uncomfortably visible in the top 10 just for 600 (for the hp grab).

How do you tell if someone in your node is shielded? I've got someone from the forum in my sights for 23 points, but don't mind skipping.

I really enjoyed flattening a maxed Patch/Daken/OBW team with my OBW/cStorm/random tank entering the match at 60% health. I'm going to miss Lvl 270 Wind Storm so much when this round is over.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How do you tell if someone in your node is shielded? I've got someone from the forum in my sights for 23 points, but don't mind skipping.

Generally, if you say who it is, they will let you know. At least if they visit the forum.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hardly anyone seems to be shielding so far? The top of my bracket is 700 and I'm uncomfortably visible in the top 10 just for 600 (for the hp grab).

Difference in brackets, I was the only person in my top10 not shielded