Balance of Power - July 16-18

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Shields seem pretty normal in my bracket too.

Except for the fact that I do have an X-Men member in my bracket, so you know, he's been shielded since the event started.

52697500.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shields seem pretty normal in my bracket too.

Except for the fact that I do have an X-Men member in my bracket, so you know, he's been shielded since the event started.

LOL. I did have to shield at 660ish this event. Normally I'll get to 800 first. I tried desperately to get to 700 before putting up a shield but it was a losing battle. Tried for 30 minutes and couldn't get it done so said to hell with it and put it up icon_e_smile.gif

I don't think I'm in your bracket though
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fun event and I enjoy that we can take it easy. I feel like a noob again. I am glad to have broken the 500 pt barrier before health packs ran out. If this is what a gold Juggs looks like, take my money now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    it looks like the late joiner crew is out en masse now.

im getting hit for -40 points left and right ...with 3-9 point retals.

so happy i dont care about this events or its rewards...i got a taste...i get it...time to move on.

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:

so happy i dont care about this events or its rewards...i got a taste...i get it...time to move on.

marc

yeah, I am sure I will be abt 200 pts less by noon. For people who ask for balance, this is what it feels like...everyone can beat everyone. I prefer tiers but its a good mix up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:

Same problem why we not like the * tournament: no such thing as 'defense team', no distinction on attack selection except points. So you are in any remotely interesting position, shield or sink. Truly sucks for anyone cares about the placement.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agree with most here, I've had fun messing around in the tournament. Not sure if it would be as much fun if I really wanted the Psylocke covers, but I don't, so it has been. Agree with whoever said this would make a nice sim partner. It'd be nice to have a couple options available to just mess around in. It doesn't necessarily have to be tied to season points even.

It also felt like a max char only tourney, because like many have said here, you're better off with a maxed 1* than a high level 3*.

That said, my favorite team to run so far has been hood/obw/ares. I've hit the double sunder, double intimidation jackpot a few times. Only a single def win, probably too few life points in spite of the heavy steals to do much on def.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fun event and I enjoy that we can take it easy. I feel like a noob again. I am glad to have broken the 500 pt barrier before health packs ran out. If this is what a gold Juggs looks like, take my money now.
    Gold Juggs will have a passive black that is for healing. After all, he's the unstoppable Juggernaut!
  • Unknown
    Options
    LOL. I did have to shield at 660ish this event. Normally I'll get to 800 first. I tried desperately to get to 700 before putting up a shield but it was a losing battle. Tried for 30 minutes and couldn't get it done so said to hell with it and put it up icon_e_smile.gif

I don't think I'm in your bracket though

No, it's Slobofix. And to be fair, he did shoot up to 800 points on the first day, so I can't say as I blame him for shielding but I figured I'd leave that part out and go for the easy laugh. icon_razz.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I need the black covers so I'm shielding for now while I get some sleep - feel free to hit me for the next eight hours.

Or even throw some more points my way icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah, I am sure I will be abt 200 pts less by noon. For people who ask for balance, this is what it feels like...everyone can beat everyone. I prefer tiers but its a good mix up.

That hardly follows. "Balance" never included that rare things are equal power as common things. With good balance you would still stand out with evolved *** roster (easily) beatable only by a small percent. Not by quite anyone at all over day 10.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

That hardly follows. "Balance" never included that rare things are equal power as common things. With good balance you would still stand out with evolved *** roster (easily) beatable only by a small percent. Not by quite anyone at all over day 10.

Good point. I was just thinking in general here bc you can toss any mish mash team together and still win in this tourney.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

Good point. I was just thinking in general here bc you can toss any mish mash team together and still win in this tourney.

Honestly I'm just glad for once to be able to do a PvP where I can pick all 3 chars.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I need the black covers so I'm shielding for now while I get some sleep - feel free to hit me for the next eight hours.

Or even throw some more points my way icon_e_biggrin.gif

Dang, I was giving your team the hairy eyeball earlier because I was surrounded by 15-pointers. Then I skipped and found someone with 28, but the game burped the instant I started the match, booting me out for team damage and lost points.

Someone else just attacked and gave me 32 points though. If there's that much of a point difference, I couldn't have been worth much to hit. why would anyone bother and open themselves to a high value retal?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Some Daken tiles out, two Sentry sacrifice tiles... 3080 per world rupture tile exlposion. Don't care if it wasn't the most optimal thing... it amused me greatly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Some Daken tiles out, two Sentry sacrifice tiles... 3080 per world rupture tile exlposion. Don't care if it wasn't the most optimal thing... it amused me greatly.

I had something happen similarly. Didn't realize just how much damage I would be doing, the opponent Mstorm made quick work of me, every world rupture of mine triggered a storm aoe.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

I had something happen similarly. Didn't realize just how much damage I would be doing, the opponent Mstorm made quick work of me, every world rupture of mine triggered a storm aoe.

Cstorm you mean? I've had that once. Since then, storm dies first if I'm using sentry. Once she's down, it's off to rupture town.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yep my mistake, now I try to avoid cstorm if I can, I'm too impatient with my world rupture.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just hit gipsy danger's maxed 3* sentry+hood+hulk with my IM35, mStorm and 2*Wolvie. Because I was out of health packs and my A/B teams were low on health. Nearly died. Also nearly died of lol. Sentry got off a sacrifice and half a world rupture. Poor IM35 kicked the bucket. Wolvie and mstorm cleaned up after.

Wouldn't have done it normally but I was starting to get whacked hard again, and he was worth 49 points. Got hit again by the time I was done, but still overall profit and shielded. Too much excitement! I am so down for the count now.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I got up to 750 overnight and managed to be down ~300 points in 6 hours. Not unexpected really. Anyway climbed up and really wanted to hit 900 before shielding but was getting hit so hard and ran out of health packs so I shielded at 896. Got the 900 point progression with a defensive win, but only used a 3 hour shield so now I need to reshield til the end. Oh well.

Also agree with some others, the event was fun for a while, but once you start getting whacked left and right it loses it's luster a little and then you break out cmags icon_evil.gif

edit: these last 2 PvPs I've had a really hard time finding opponents worth more than like 27 or 28 points once I get to ~800, and right now can't even find anyone worth 25! I used to routinely find guys worth 35+ if I skip around enough or can usually find someone around 30 pts pretty quickly. Are people just not climbing high or if they are they're shielded or did something change with MMR?