Balance of Power - July 16-18

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I ended second with 803 :O! Just 20 points away from 1º place...
    I never wanted to reach more than 800 points and when i joined there was 18h left... Nice bracket i got..
    This was a fun pvp event didnt have so much fun in awhile...
    Btw my team was patch Obw Hood maxed
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Spent a bunch more on shields than I normally would but I needed both black covers - 300HP & some stress seems like a reasonable price.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Fortunately I decided against purchasing a 3hr shield, as I was #12 with 2hrs 30mins to go, I went to bed & woke up being #15, got attacked once in the whole event, which ain't bad icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    The ending to my bracket was a bit head-scratching.

After barely escaping the epic trap mentioned on the last page, I called it an event in 2nd place, well behind one of the X-Men.

I think that person forgot the event ran for an extra hour, with his shield expiring in the last hour. The zombie horde.... well, had a field day. The guy suffered at least -300, maybe -400, before falling off the top 10 page and he never came back. I wonder what his total collateral damage was... icon_eek.gif

So, I ended up winning in a most uncommon way. A shame I already had 5 Blue in IW though. Another 1000 iso never hurts, I suppose.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's no secret that I have no love for most of The X-Men, but I'd like to publicly congratulate Worldrunner for finishing off our bracket for this event with an astounding 1622. You were only 733 points ahead of second (me @ 866) so I could have had you if I wanted to. icon_e_wink.gif

Seriously though; good run.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's no secret that I have no love for most of The X-Men, but I'd like to publicly congratulate Worldrunner for finishing off our bracket for this event with an astounding 1622. You were only 733 points ahead of second (me @ 866) so I could have had you if I wanted to. icon_e_wink.gif

That is a crazy score for a normal event - in THIS one where everyone can beat anyone, this is close to a miracle, even with all the shield hopping shenanigans. Well played, Worldrunner.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

After barely escaping the epic trap mentioned on the last page, I called it an event in 2nd place, well behind one of the X-Men.

I think that person forgot the event ran for an extra hour, with his shield expiring in the last hour. The zombie horde.... well, had a field day. The guy suffered at least -300, maybe -400, before falling off the top 10 page and he never came back. I wonder what his total collateral damage was... icon_eek.gif

So, I ended up winning in a most uncommon way. A shame I already had 5 Blue in IW though. Another 1000 iso never hurts, I suppose.

I'm pretty sure that extra hour tripped a lot of people up. I was pacing my health packs to finish the last hour while using them up, and then I realized that wasn't the last hour after I ran out. If I was actually trying for a good score, that'd have been quite devastating to end with no health pack with an hour left to go.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

I'm pretty sure that extra hour tripped a lot of people up. I was pacing my health packs to finish the last hour while using them up, and then I realized that wasn't the last hour after I ran out. If I was actually trying for a good score, that'd have been quite devastating to end with no health pack with an hour left to go.
    It really was, especially since the zombie hordes came out as soon as I was done climbing icon_neutral.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    After I shielded in 1st, someone climbed to within 20 points of me and I was debating attempting a shieldhop since I needed both the IW blue AND the Psylocke black. Fortunately, I got 40 more points from defensive wins for a nice, relaxing finish. Thanks, OBW/Juggs/Daken icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

Haha thanks man. I was hoping for 1700 though icon_lol.gif

Had 1647 and went for one hit vs Electro who had the same score and I wiped on him. Shielded and didn't bother with the 2nd person I had q'd up. That's how it goes sometimes though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

That is a crazy score for a normal event - in THIS one where everyone can beat anyone, this is close to a miracle, even with all the shield hopping shenanigans. Well played, Worldrunner.

For all the flak the xmen get Worldrunner gets my respect for having a good sense of humor while running up the scores to unimaginable heights.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Balance of Power was fun I thought! icon_e_smile.gif