Balance of Power - July 16-18

Options
Here we go!

Every maxed 1*, 2*, and 3* character is buffed to 270.

Rewards:

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + Baglady Blue
2-5. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, Betsy B/U/R
6-10. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, U/R
11-25. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, U/R
26-50. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, R
51-100. 500 ISO, 25 HP, R
101-200. 500 ISO, Wolvie G
201-300. 250 ISO, G
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 ISO
401-500. 70 ISO

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 ISO
100. +3 All Boosts
200. 250 ISO
300. Recruit Token - Bag-lance of Power
400. 25 HP
500. 2* Cap Blue
600. 25 HP
700. 1000 ISO
800. 50 HP
900. Recruit Token - Bag to the Future
1000. 1000 ISO
1100. Lil Punny Foo Foo - Black
1200. 1000 ISO
1300. X-Force Green

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 ISO, 250 HP, Betsy Black
3-10. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, B
11-25. 3000 ISO, 100 HP, B
25-50. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, B
51-100. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, B
101-250. 1000 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 500 ISO, 25 HP
501-1000. 500 ISO
1001-10000. 250 ISO

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    3* Scarlet Witch?

Could be trying out a new gameplay variation or something - was implied as such on another thread. Which would be cool. Hard to tell from title alone but at least seems to be some form of PvP.

Open until Season 4 starts on Friday, I would guess.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    As long as I don't have to pay to enter I'll give a shot.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    3* Scarlet Witch?

Actually... that could be pretty cool. Have they ever given out a new character through a pvp? You get a loaner that maybe has all three powers, get to try it out for a couple days, top prizes are the new character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They said experimental PVPs, so hopefully this is one of those. I hope the prizes are kind of mid-tier, so I've got an incentive to try it, but don't feel like I need to be top five or anything. Hulk, Psylocke, and Hood are the three I only need one cover for, so those would be ideal for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Unlikely, but it'd be cool if it was limited to your team's total level could not exceed opponents total level... leaves a lot of options for strategy and team construction....
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Unlikely, but it'd be cool if it was limited to your team's total level could not exceed opponents total level... leaves a lot of options for strategy and team construction....
    That's probably a bit too fiddly and server intense to set up. Capping the number of stars you could use would be much easier.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Capping total levels would also have weird counter pressures on leveling characters, as opposed to encouraging new roster builds and diversity.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    That's probably a bit too fiddly and server intense to set up. Capping the number of stars you could use would be much easier.

I dunno... feels a little too ambitious. I reckon it will be something a bit different but not so... unwieldly. Something more themed around probability - Balance. Team types. Colours. "Roster Diversity". I dunno. Maybe you are on the right track. Guess we'll all see in a few hours.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    It's the wargamer in me coming through icon_e_biggrin.gif

7*s seems like it would give you plenty of variety - do you play it safe and go 3/2/2 or do you risk a 1* so you can field two heavy hitters or even Fury...
  • Unknown
    Options
    This looks interesting.

Since it is new, I will at least give it a try.

It's been quite a while since we've had anything but the "loaner and 2 characters" tournament. Since well before season 1 IIRC.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    finally something new.. hey.. it seems they have listened to us, little whiny forumites.. firstly a week long hiatus between 2 seasons.. secondly, pve is way less tedious.. thirdly, new pvps on their way.. these are cool times to plug again in this game..
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

7*s seems like it would give you plenty of variety - do you play it safe and go 3/2/2 or do you risk a 1* so you can field two heavy hitters or even Fury...

Not a bad guess, but considering how often people just use a low-level/loaner featured character, I don't think 3/3/1 would hamper most people's style that much.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

Not a bad guess, but considering how often people just use a low-level/loaner featured character, I don't think 3/3/1 would hamper most people's style that much.
    if that is, it will be a letdown.. sentry/daken everywhere.. hope its not something like that... icon_eek.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

if that is, it will be a letdown.. sentry/daken everywhere.. hope its not something like that... icon_eek.gif
    I'm erring on the easy to implement side - less chance of screw ups that way.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

And if there's a desert, winter, or forest node I (and probably everyone else) would happily run Daken/Sentry/Mstorm
  • Unknown
    Options
    Here's a thought...

What if the "balance" is to massively boost 1*s, slightly boost 2*s, and no boost for 3*s or 4*s?

1*s and 2*s scale much more powerfully than 3*s, so getting a level 94 Thor buffed by 47 levels will be about as powerful as a Lazythor.

Doing something like this could actually make Juggernaut useful, as Headbutt would be a **** at level 80 or so. Especially if you run him with OBW or Hood to keep feeding him.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Here's a thought...

What if the "balance" is to massively boost 1*s, slightly boost 2*s, and no boost for 3*s or 4*s?

1*s and 2*s scale much more powerfully than 3*s, so getting a level 94 Thor buffed by 47 levels will be about as powerful as a Lazythor.

Doing something like this could actually make Juggernaut useful, as Headbutt would be a **** at level 80 or so. Especially if you run him with OBW or Hood to keep feeding him.
    This is the first theory someone has posited that doesn't sound like it would require a client update. Of course, they could have already quietly patched support for an unannounced PvP mode into R56.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Suppose it's a 36 hour event to run before the start of Season 4, which has been semi-officially announced as starting midnight ET Thursday night?
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Im saying it now, 1st ever bagman event! icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    MajinDavid wrote:
    Im saying it now, 1st ever bagman event! icon_cool.gif

Except it's called "Balance of Power", not "Balance of Suck" icon_e_smile.gif