Balance of Power - July 16-18

Options

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Of all the 'experimental' types of games they could have run, they've picked an incredibly lame one. But hey, it's friendly to new players, so it seems to be in line with the current strategy for MPQ.

I'm glad I don't need Psylocke. I'll put in a token effort for my alliance and that's it.

I feel like the only thing 90% of your alliance does is **** and moan.

Most of my alliance is rooted in 3* land and we're all thrilled because now we get to use all the old characters that have been sitting on our bench for ages. I would love PvPs like this to happen more often. At the very least, it's been active for 45 minutes - maybe give it at least an hour before you whine about it, eh?

As part of the secret ScAvengers initiation ceremony, our previous glorious leader, the Snikrot formerly known as Emeryt, made us swear to only dress in sackcloth and ashes from that day forth, and to fill the skies with the sound of our wailing and gnashing of teeth. We carry on this proud tradition in his name.

Either that, or I'm just not too excited about this event, because to me it feels like every battle will be the equivalent of fighting a wall of 166 characters in a normal event: time and health consuming, which I don't consider to be particularly fun. I'll still dip my toes in tomorrow or so, I think, I might be pleasantly surprised. And if not, that doesn't mean I'll begrudge anyone else enjoying it, though, even if it's not my cup of tea. But personally, I would rather have seen a 'stars limit'-type tourney that has been suggested by other forumites in the past, I think that would make for more interesting roster compositions and experimentation than just kicking every maxed character up to 270.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm enjoying - good change of pace. I got in early against seed teams with my 2* Daken, MStorm and Thor/Ares. Got a couple of cheap wins under my belt, brushing aside the lvl 70ish seed teams! Then since then my team has won at least 4 if not more defenses and has only been beaten twice.

I've not yet attempted a full on lvl 270 battle but looking forward to it.

Only comment is that although it's supposed to bring about some team variance, you're still going to be best using max level characters, which is probably what most people use most the time anyway.

Really it just brings back the 1*s for 2* players and the 1* & 2*s for 3* players. Not a bad thing, but not quite full variance of having all your characters regardless of cover count boosted.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

Either that, or I'm just not too excited about this event, because to me it feels like every battle will be the equivalent of fighting a wall of 166 characters in a normal event: time and health consuming, which I don't consider to be particularly fun. I'll still dip my toes in tomorrow or so, I think, I might be pleasantly surprised. And if not, that doesn't mean I'll begrudge anyone else enjoying it, though, even if it's not my cup of tea. But personally, I would rather have seen a 'stars limit'-type tourney that has been suggested by other forumites in the past, I think that would make for more interesting roster compositions and experimentation than just kicking every maxed character up to 270.

But this event is already pretty similar to a star limit because you're going to have a 1* (Storm or Jugg), and you're going to have a 2* (OBW) plus whoever else you think will compliment the team the best. Although it's not a star limit per se, Storm/Jugg/OBW are pretty much no brainers for top picks in this event that it's basically the same as if you've to use lower star characters as would be the case in a star limited event, except picking them isn't a handicap in this case.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Of all the 'experimental' types of games they could have run, they've picked an incredibly lame one. But hey, it's friendly to new players, so it seems to be in line with the current strategy for MPQ.

I'm glad I don't need Psylocke. I'll put in a token effort for my alliance and that's it.

I feel like the only thing 90% of your alliance does is **** and moan.

Most of my alliance is rooted in 3* land and we're all thrilled because now we get to use all the old characters that have been sitting on our bench for ages. I would love PvPs like this to happen more often. At the very least, it's been active for 45 minutes - maybe give it at least an hour before you whine about it, eh?

As part of the secret ScAvengers initiation ceremony, our previous glorious leader, the Snikrot formerly known as Emeryt, made us swear to only dress in sackcloth and ashes from that day forth, and to fill the skies with the sound of our wailing and gnashing of teeth. We carry on this proud tradition in his name.

I see your point. And it's not really ****, just no excitement for this tourney. I however, love it. Yeah a lot of health is going to be depleted, but if you're like me, you have a lot of people ready to lose their health! I'm excited to make some random matches of teams I have never been able to try. Maybe do an IMhammerd40 with some Venom and maybe even Spiderman for the fun of it. Or maybe mStorm with Ares and possible even OBW. Put some Juggs with however I feel like....hahaha, I mean the possibilities just opened up! I like the variation, but like you I also hope they do a star limit tourney as well. But overall, I'm very happy with this!
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's a seed team that uses Sentry/Patch/Spidey. Having Juggernaut headbutt them all into oblivion was beautiful.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    There's a seed team that uses Sentry/Patch/Spidey. Having Juggernaut headbutt them all into oblivion was beautiful.

Balance Of Power - You get a headbutt and you get a headbutt and you get a headbutt... HEADBUTTS FOR EVERYBODY!
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

But this event is already pretty similar to a star limit because you're going to have a 1* (Storm or Jugg), and you're going to have a 2* (OBW) plus whoever else you think will compliment the team the best. Although it's not a star limit per se, Storm/Jugg/OBW are pretty much no brainers for top picks in this event that it's basically the same as if you've to use lower star characters as would be the case in a star limited event, except picking them isn't a handicap in this case.

The differences with a star limit would be that the matches wouldn't take quite as long because you wouldn't have the superbuffed health levels, and I think the limitation would allow for and stimulate more different approaches. Say a 6-star limit is imposed, purely the choice of taking in two 3-stars, or any combination of 4, 3, 2 and 1-stars would be interesting enough, each offering their own drawbacks and positives (although I guess we'd need a cmags fix first, or it'd still be Patchneto all the way).

We'd best be careful about ScAvengers disagreeing amongst ourselves, though. The forums might implode or something. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:

Balance Of Power - You get a headbutt and you get a headbutt and you get a headbutt... HEADBUTTS FOR EVERYBODY!
    Where is Twysta when you need him? (Answer: winning my Heavy Metal bracket, that's where. Jerk!)

ad6ww.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    At work and haven't had time to look. So are the 2*s and their lazy versions the same or does one have the advantage? 2* Thor vs. 3* Thor?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    We'd best be careful about ScAvengers disagreeing amongst ourselves, though. The forums might implode or something. icon_mrgreen.gif

Indeed, ****, I though it's my privilege to disagree with Phantron here in the open... icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Indeed, ****, I though it's my privilege to disagree with Phantron here in the open... icon_e_ugeek.gif

In my defense, I'm still convinced Phantron even disagrees with himself when nobody else is around. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kyoku wrote:
    At work and haven't had time to look. So are the 2*s and their lazy versions the same or does one have the advantage? 2* Thor vs. 3* Thor?
    3* Thor has stronger abilities, 2* Thor has higher match damage. Not sure about health.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still finding Yelena useless even when buffed to 270 icon_e_sad.gif

Definetely a step in the right direction. With a few tweaks here and there this will be a great new format. I feel a little sad for all the maxed out 4*'s who don't receive a buff.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, how long does it take to heal a KO'd level 270 Jugg?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:

Same as a level 40 one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I hate all these abilities (mostly attack tile abilities) that won't tell me how much damage they do in the description icon_mad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ZenBrillig wrote:

Same as a level 40 one.
    As in, "hopefully fast enough that he and ares each fully heal by the time the other eats himself"
  • Unknown
    Options
    My event strategy will be as follows:

1) Headbutt everything, repeat as necessary.

2) All health packs and hot dogs go to Juggs, no exceptions.

3) Other characters will be picked randomly by spinning The Wheel of Characters (patent pending). All spins of The Wheel are final.

4) When health packs are gone, insert defensive team of Juggs/Ares/Daken for extreme trolling of anyone who ever had bad scaling in PvE.

This is going to be "fun". icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm still finding Yelena useless even when buffed to 270 icon_e_sad.gif

Yelena would probably be useless if she were buffed to 1000.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    3) Other characters will be picked randomly by spinning The Wheel of Characters (patent pending). All spins of The Wheel are final.

This is begging for a photoshop.

th?id=HN.608026945379700532&pid=15.1&P=0