Balance of Power - July 16-18

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    So, how long does it take to heal a KO'd level 270 Jugg?

Same as a level 40 one.

(I know, but it would have been funny if he had to heal all 21k at 12hp/min)
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What a weird PVP. I'm up to 300 points. I still have a seed team node but I'm afraid of tanking because it's going to be such a pain to climb back up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    What a weird PVP. I'm up to 300 points. I still have a seed team node but I'm afraid of tanking because it's going to be such a pain to climb back up.

Tanking? The one thing I was so glad it finally provides benefit form the good MMR. The all-166 people might have less of the full * characters.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What a shock, they've made it so you'll need to keep cover slots for 1*s and not drop them to save HP.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    You want to tank, so that you only get people running mega buffed 1* teams? icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah no tanking for me this time. Not sure if I even want to go for placement. Maybe just have fun with crazy char combinations.
    This is definitely a welcome break from the last 3 months of one same PVP after another.
  • ERock4
    ERock4 Posts: 42
    Options
    This event reeeeeeeally makes me wish I hadn't sold my max Juggs a while back. I wanted a free slot and was never using him.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ERock4 wrote:
    This event reeeeeeeally makes me wish I hadn't sold my max Juggs a while back. I wanted a free slot and was never using him.
    I'm pretty sure that's one of if not the main motivation behind having this type of tournament.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This event is totally fun. irst thing I did was dust off my Venom, much used in the old (noob) days, and had him devour the hell out of seed teams. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As a guy who sold all of his 1* after the transition to save a couple thousand HP this tournament is not for me; however, I do like that they are trying to throw some interesting new formats out there. One thing they could have done that would have been neat for this even and probably made me wiling to send my patch and lazy thor out there to get devoured by headbutts would have been if they made all of the tokens for the event give equal % of drop rates for every character. "Balance" tokens would have been worth fighting for. Currently your chance of a 3 or 4* is 16.5% per token. With balance tokens it would be 54.8% (once you included the 1* in the token as well). To compensate for this they could make the base cost of a token 700 HP (3 star covers cost 1250 HP to buy 700 HP is roughly 54% of that) and offer the daily deal at 4 or 500 HP (or not offer it at all) . This would be a way to provide players a small window for increased odds at 3 and 4* covers without discounting the base cost of a cover. I think I'd definitely play to hit that 900 level for a "balance" token and it would be a fun prize that I bet would drive up sales and excitement for this event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Holy **** these 1* teams are rough! icon_eek.gif

I just got my **** handed to me big time by the "Fisher-Price's My First Team" combo of Iron Man, Black Widow and Storm.

Now I know how those Brawlers and Decoys felt way back in the Baxter Building. It was not a pleasant feeling... I think I owe Dr Doom an apology.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds fun but not fun IMO.

Never developed my 2 star or 1 star chars: went straight into 3 star roster.

Am not spending 20k ISO on jugs or mstorm just to be beaten by the same cheese. Sure, it's not a lot of ISOs but there are better avenues to spend ISOs.
    A leveled mstorm really is pretty useful, especially for PvE,
  • Unknown
    Options
    What a shock, they've made it so you'll need to keep cover slots for 1*s and not drop them to save HP.

Dude, at a certain point you're just looking for things to complain about.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    A leveled mstorm really is pretty useful, especially for PvE,

Yeah, mStorm was always treated as better than at least half of **s and in the must-keep territory.

But juggs was on the short list of sell-firsts. And I know people who just sold them recently to place Torchling (where I sold bullseye).
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What I like about this is that you can play as long as your whole roster lasts, if you want to. In other tournaments when your best 3 or 4 are dead that's it until you heal or use health packs. And I get to use my 1* and relive the glory days of a couple of months ago when they were all I had.
  • Unknown
    Options

Dude, at a certain point you're just looking for things to complain about.

Yeah, and we as Scavengers have all rights to complaining, **** and moaning ® So please behave yourself!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    What I like about this is that you can play as long as your whole roster lasts, if you want to. In other tournaments when your best 3 or 4 are dead that's it until you heal or use health packs. And I get to use my 1* and relive the glory days of a couple of months ago when they were all I had.
    Yeah, this pvp is so much fun as I was seriously considering the team of *glory* days of IM35, BW, and storm. I was also considering levelling up my modern storm to max level purely for this pvp.

This pvp is way better than the lone star event in which only 1* is used. The 1* are buffed, but you can still use the 3*.

Good job d3!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    And so an early suggestion seemed to be prophetic.

This timing is interesting as it coincides with a lot of my reclassifications. eg. in one of them Jugg becomes a 3* and in a different one, a single Iron Man becomes a 3* or 4*. This is definitely a test for some stuff they are thinking about and they want to see how people play with the characters when they are for all purposes even(ly leveled), eg. who still does not get used and then perhaps future buff. They are not running it to amuse themselves and will be going over metrics (their fav!, with a fine tooth comb). Will be interesting to see how the outcome of this pans out into the future.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Updated the 270 buffed list in character subforum.

Please aid in completing it
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

This is definitely a test for something and they want to see how people play with the characters when they are much higher. They are not running it to amuse themselves. Will be interesting to see how the outcome of this pans out.

A test indeed...Upcoming feature - Astral Graveyard! Too many downed characters? Lay them to rest in the Astral Graveyard for faster recovery time, expand your lot with HP today!

...getting owned in BoP icon_cry.gif
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Does this event affect MMR? If so, some 1* teams might be in for a nasty surprise, come next PVP.