Balance of Power - July 16-18

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    The differences with a star limit would be that the matches wouldn't take quite as long because you wouldn't have the superbuffed health levels, and I think the limitation would allow for and stimulate more different approaches. Say a 6-star limit is imposed, purely the choice of taking in two 3-stars, or any combination of 4, 3, 2 and 1-stars would be interesting enough, each offering their own drawbacks and positives (although I guess we'd need a cmags fix first, or it'd still be Patchneto all the way).

We'd best be careful about ScAvengers disagreeing amongst ourselves, though. The forums might implode or something. icon_mrgreen.gif

Ability damage already scales at the same rate as HP. Juggernaut kills himself just as fast at level 270 versus 270 as 40 versus 40. Now if you're not using Juggernaut and facing him, then the games could take a while.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm really liking this one.

And surprisingly, it's not full of level 270 Juggernauts!
  • Unknown
    Options
    This one makes me sad I didn't keep my 1* characters. Ah well.

Once I enter I expect to use Punisher (for taking down characters with stupidly high HP, accept no substitutes), C. Storm (probably the best AOE attack in the game when buffed like this) and MN Mags (as a battery for C. Storm). Although there's something to be said for running Team Sniper Rifle.

C. Mags can take a break for once, I think.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's full of daken / ares teams instead.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This event so far seems to have little affects MMR. I have been trying to tank mine down but seeing no changes

This is only from a very small and limited sample, if anyone else have better idea please feel free to correct me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, made it to 300, and only been attacked once over a couple hours.

Is maxed Daken / MStorm / MBW team scary? icon_e_smile.gif

I do have to heal the two 1*s a lot, but it's still fun using a team like this in PVP.
  • Direwulven
    Direwulven Posts: 10
    Options
    Uprising of the commoners!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    What a weird PVP. I'm up to 300 points. I still have a seed team node but I'm afraid of tanking because it's going to be such a pain to climb back up.
    You want to tank, so that you only get people running mega buffed 1* teams? icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah no tanking for me this time. Not sure if I even want to go for placement. Maybe just have fun with crazy char combinations.
    This is definitely a welcome break from the last 3 months of one same PVP after another.
    That's what I'll be doing and I could use two black Psy covers.

It's tailor-made for a Punisher with five red though - he's been having fun (up until he got hit with an Adamantium Slash anyway)
  • Unknown
    Options
    This one has been fun. Seeing my 1/2* characters defend against 3* teams has been cool.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah! Cool stuff I'm playing 83 days and I had never played with and against so many different teams! Even played against a Fury.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's no advantage to Punisher in this event because all your guys are level 270 too. If you needed 5 Retributions to kill Thor at level 166, you still need 5 Retributions to kill Thor at level 270. Any combination of attacks that will previously lower a 3* opponent to 40% at level 166 versus level 166 will still get that opponent to 40% at 270 vs 270 minus rounding errors (because ability increase isn't uniform every level). Now, it might feel that you're getting more value out of your Retribution since it can do 8K damage on Juggernaut, but you still have to do the other 13K of his health first which is going to take a while even at level 270.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    So... All my 3' are abysmally covered. I have no 1 ' s save for m.storm... so at least I'm familiar with my roster!

I'm enjoying this. Naturally I wish I had a jugs to leave on defence... but considering I never leveled him at all, I will just live vicariously through other forum posters on that.

I saw a team with lazy thor and muscle memory almost kicked in for a skip, till I realized obw + r/g/y + 1* ap battery girl in jungle would eat the whole team for breakfast. Was the easiest match to date really
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, you're better off with IM35 5k damage red for barely more. Or if you don't mind health penalty, headbutt and sunder. Punisher is pretty hosed here.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Punisher is pretty hosed here.
    Ditto for most 3*s I suspect - they can't compete on match damage.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Its an amusing reversal of fortune for those firmly entrenched in 3* land terrritory.. being the prey and not the predator..now i feel for all the 1* i dispatched on my way up in pvps and LRs (even if it happened to me when i began this game).. it is a strange feeling.. battling hard just to win one or two battles.. and being constantly under attack (thats something i still know though.. icon_e_biggrin.gif ).. anyway, i find all of this entertaining and if it lures new people into this game, i'm all for it..
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Houtro wrote:
    Yeah! Cool stuff I'm playing 83 days and I had never played with and against so many different teams! Even played against a Fury.

There was a 3-colour Fury in one of the seed teams. I set some low- level weenies to play with him until I got to see all his powers in action before finishing him off. Cool.

(Obviously because I'm unlikely to meet a Fury I can fight under normal circumstances.)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no idea what I'm doing in this event.
    I'm loving it icon_lol.gif
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Daaamn, 270 AWolvering does 8878 damage with Adamantium Slash. Good thing it's not as cheap as a headbutt, huh?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:
    Daaamn, 270 AWolvering does 8878 damage with Adamantium Slash. Good thing it's not as cheap as a headbutt, huh?
    I'm losing a char each fight, this is awesome, lol.
    Hooray for roster diversity!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think is the most fun PVP they've run in months. I don't know what token sales are for this, but even if they're bad, I hope d3 realizes that making the game more fun like this will ultimately help them much more in the long term than another boring event would.