Balance of Power - July 16-18

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ares is a **** monster! He just soloed OBW, Lazy Thor and MNMags (weird combo) and lost a whole 1000 health doing it icon_e_biggrin.gif

I have yet to see Juggs turn up in any node. Slightly sad panda.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just went in with my OBW and cStorm with Thor as obligatory tank and rainbow coverage. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. 3x Windstorms, holy tinykitty. It was very, very windy. CMags, Thor and Daken bit the dust without getting a single move out. Ok, Daken put out a strike tile.

Edit: Ok, further matches got a more balanced board, but very few people have purple users, which means I always get AR off multiple times, and between cStorm and Thor - big, big blue and green storms everywhere.

It's pretty hard on OBW since she tanks half the colours. I think I'll swap her out for a break with teams using expensive powers and go back to proper strategy with board-management denial.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    My IM35 just brought down a Hulk. This is so cool.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:
    My IM35 just brought down a Hulk. This is so cool.

It was fun to dust him off. I hadn't used him in a long time.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I just had MStorm gank an under-levelled IM40 in one turn with cascade damage icon_lol.gif

And like all event tokens this one coughed up a Bagman icon_neutral.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yep, I am enjoying this a lot. Currently running AWol, OBW and C. Storm but can easily pop another six characters in and out. Amazing that they can time the Daken stuff so badly, and the next day release a PVP like this that is actually a bit different and fun.
  • Orangecrush
    Orangecrush Posts: 119
    Options
    I think that this PvP tourney is the most fun I've had with the game in a while. I'm trying tons of different team combos and characters I haven't used in a long time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I understand people attacking you, but what i will never understand is, if i attack someone for 29 points, why would you bother retaliating for 6? I'm just gonna hit you back until you stop. Surely you must realize you're not making any ground by doing so? 3 times now and counting lol
  • Fulgren
    Fulgren Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I LOVE THIS FORMAT! MAKE THIS STAY FOREVER PLEASE! This somehow gives off the feel of Marvel vs Capcom, a game where everyone is super broken and the game is balanced because of that.

So sad to be missing the one and two stars I sold. Also going to miss this when we go back to 2 + random
  • Unknown
    Options
    I understand people attacking you, but what i will never understand is, if i attack someone for 29 points, why would you bother retaliating for 6? I'm just gonna hit you back until you stop. Surely you must realize you're not making any ground by doing so? 3 times now and counting lol

Because people be mad, that's why. How dare you attack them! There must be consequences! Justice must be served! Order must be restored to the universe! But mostly TINYKITTY YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!

Whatever. Just go with it. They get their moral victory (when you stop retaliating because they're not worth anything anymore) and you got your points. Everyone wins. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

I only retaliate if it's reckless from Shield. Otherwise I skip icon_twisted.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Attacked Naz (didn't really want to, was looking for lvl 270 stats and clicked 'Fight' by mistake). His team is Sentry/lvl 145 Hood/LD by the way. He retaliated. I retaliated back with Hulk/cStorm.

uhYUcaH.png

I have no doubt he will be able to retal again, but it was very satisfying to let Sentry eat his own **** when on offense.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Attacked Naz (didn't really want to, was looking for lvl 270 stats and clicked 'Fight' by mistake). His team is Sentry/lvl 145 Hood/LD by the way. He retaliated. I retaliated back with Hulk/cStorm.

I have no doubt he will be able to retal again, but it was very satisfying to let Sentry eat his own **** when on offense.

This is probably the best thing I've read all week. Just the mental picture of all those little World Ruptures going off to an angry Hulk and a Storm tempest at level 270 is priceless.

Somehow one point of rep seems insufficient for this. If I could grant you the power of all the internets I would. Maybe I'll print this post out and frame it. Too creepy? Okay, we'll just stick with the rep then. icon_razz.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I had to eat a Supernova because his team was not even trying to pull a WR + Sacrifice, but it was damn fine to look at anyway icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    LOL at the Sentry retal.

This is by far the best PvP event I remember in a long time. I honestly don't even know who the card is and don't care. I just like fighting all the various combinations. Every time I settle on what I believe is a 'good' team, I come across something else that is stronger. It makes me regret not maxing out some of my 2* though hehe
    - Unreall
  • Unknown
    Options
    LOL at the Sentry retal.

This is by far the best PvP event I remember in a long time. I honestly don't even know who the card is and don't care. I just like fighting all the various combinations. Every time I settle on what I believe is a 'good' team, I come across something else that is stronger. It makes me regret not maxing out some of my 2* though hehe
    - Unreall

It's like the Lewis Black review of Grand Theft Auto 3...

"The story? Who cares! I just carjacked a guy and then ran him over with the car I stole from him! Rescuing the princess is for P*SSIES!"
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ran Juggernaut-cHawk-Bullseye for one. Take aim + Murderous aim = 27.4k Woo!!

Launching it felt really good, strangely.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:

Because people be mad, that's why. How dare you attack them! There must be consequences! Justice must be served! Order must be restored to the universe! But mostly TINYKITTY YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!

Whatever. Just go with it. They get their moral victory (when you stop retaliating because they're not worth anything anymore) and you got your points. Everyone wins. icon_e_smile.gif
    That's gotta be it.

Thanks for the net 110ish points now if you're reading jandi720 icon_e_biggrin.gif

(If anyone sees me, let me know how my under-strength Patch, OBW and Ares go)
  • Unknown
    Options
    I ran Juggernaut-cHawk-Bullseye for one. Take aim + Murderous aim = 27.4k Woo!!

Launching it felt really good, strangely.

It should. How often are Hawkeye or Bullseye useful?
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure if I missed it earlier in the thread but the health regen times in the Balance of power confuse me

punisher & 2 star Thor need the same time to heal different amounts ~ 8k for Thor/6k for Punisher (2h35 minutes)

I'm enjoying this event and hope it replaces shield simulator... Would be neat if each weekend they buff a few underused characters to 300

Edit: so Punisher 6k/10.6k 60% health to recover, Thor 8k/16.6k so roughly 50% health... So 2 stars heal faster than 3 stars and I guess 1 stars heal even faster???