The Hunt: July 12-16

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    The Hunt nodes are designed to deliver a lot of spanking especially when you're in a hurry because you started with only an hour left on the sub. Magneto managed to prevent the spankings from turning into wipeouts but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I died on those nodes while trying to clear them as fast as possible. You probably should use boosts for an enemy composition of The Hunt's calibur if you do not have the time to thoroughly evaluate the board or have a bailout hero like Magneto.
    Even with Mags, over-levelled Daken and Rags is rough unless you're using a load of +AP boosts.

Yeah, it's definitely possible to lose even with Magneto. Just saying he bailed me out of a lot of games that would definitely have turned to losses for anyone else, so if you're in a hurry make sure you boost.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Jdberia wrote:
    The news post said that she will be the reward for the Unstable ISO-8 event re-run. I don't exactly remember, but it seems like that event was 8 or 9 days last time. Uggh.

Uh, wasn't that the event that was worse even than the 4-round Hunt? Meanwhile not even having subs so no HP raining from the sky every day either?

If it's the same structure you only have to play the mission once to get the first time bonus when they show up plus the last 2 hours of the entire event. If you don't need the first time bonus you can play even less.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Jdberia wrote:
    The news post said that she will be the reward for the Unstable ISO-8 event re-run. I don't exactly remember, but it seems like that event was 8 or 9 days last time. Uggh.

Uh, wasn't that the event that was worse even than the 4-round Hunt? Meanwhile not even having subs so no HP raining from the sky every day either?

I'm holding out hope they add subs to it this time. They've changed events around a little in the past on replays, and given how long they're going between episodes now, it makes sense to make the recurring PVEs a little stronger.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Not everyone.

My bracket leader topped 90K with his/her awesome L40 roster icon_rolleyes.gif

I ended up 2nd in my bracket just shy of 100K. The leader was just over 100K. His roster was similar to mine, a bunch of 94s and a ton of 3*s with 1-3 covers trying to make the long, hard 3* transition. The third place guy had a level 40 Thor as his best character. Not even sure how he could win some of the nodes, haha.

I didn't mail it in mainly because Captain America is my favorite Marvel character so I wanted to ensure I got the three covers. Had decent success with the Hunt tokens as well so I was pleased with this event overall, despite how maddening Daken/Rags were.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Grizzlegom wrote:

I didn't mail it in mainly because Captain America is my favorite Marvel character so I wanted to ensure I got the three covers. Had decent success with the Hunt tokens as well so I was pleased with this event overall, despite how maddening Daken/Rags were.

3*** Cap is quite powerful compared to his 2** version. People tend to forget how good everyone proclaimed he was when he was originally released. Like his 2** self, he is slow to get going. But once he is up to speed, he can very quickly dominate the board and close games quickly. He also excels at dispatching that pesky Daken, whichs makes any PvE node SO much easier to complete.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Grizzlegom wrote:

3*** Cap is quite powerful compared to his 2** version. People tend to forget how good everyone proclaimed he was when he was originally released. Like his 2** self, he is slow to get going. But once he is up to speed, he can very quickly dominate the board and close games quickly. He also excels at dispatching that pesky Daken, whichs any PvE node SO much easier to complete.

I love Lazy Cap in PvE. He's really good against a lot of the DA crew, like Daken and Bullseye, and he also brings some countdown removal to the table when dealing with mixed groups of villains and goons. One of my favorite teams is LCap/Hood/OBW. Match red, steal, stall, and when the shields start flying it's usually over pretty fast. Nice against Daken again because there's no need to match green and give him his strikes. LCap is also a great beneficiary of a 2 yellow IM40. One Recharge starts the shield party rollin'. He may be meh in PvP, but LCap is definitely one of my PvE all-stars, and probably even more so after CMags takes a nerf-bat to the knee.