The Hunt: July 12-16

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    PalaDan wrote:
    I missed this event last time around. How strong is the rubber band?

Wow, thought we wont read questions like this again...this miserable hope in humanity...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    PalaDan wrote:
    Wow, thought we wont read questions like this again...this miserable hope in humanity...

In many versions of the Pandora's Box myth, when Pandora opens the box and unleashes all of the evils contained within upon the world, the only thing that remains in the bottom of the box is Hope. Two things to take away from this:

1) There is no real Hope in the world. It's still in the box.
    2) Hope is evil.

This has been today's fun fact, brought to you by The Tiny Kitty Foundation, The Sunder Bug, the color purple, and the number 9. icon_razz.gif
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My LazyCap is 3/3/2 at this point, so it looks like I'll be grinding to get my first viable 3*.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Alliance:
    1-100 Lazyshield Blue
    101-10k, Thank you, come again
    A-hahahahaha. Cap blue is the alliance reward? Wasn't blue the cover reward during the first set of PVEs? Players not in top 100 alliances get screwed yet again.

Yep. That was early in the alliance days too, so back then just having 20 mildly active people got you top 100, and I think there were some <20 alliances that still placed in top 100. I think I sold enough extra cap covers to start a second one. He might be finished after this tournament if I had done that. No need for two maxed caps though, there's only one good build for him.
    My LazyCap is 3/3/2 at this point, so it looks like I'll be grinding to get my first viable 3*.

He's not the fastest in pvp, but he's still a great first 3* to work with. He was my first maxed 3* and I quite enjoy when I break him out now. Best of luck!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is the enemy composition the same as the previous runs? What is the first sub length?
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Argh! My Lazy Cap has been sitting at 5/5/2 forever, so I really need that blue. I'd been hoping for another pointless PVE I could slack off on, but now I have to grind for top 10. And with all the ** players who'll be grinding for the Torchlet progression reward, I'm not sure if I can do it before the community scaling kills me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Is the enemy composition the same as the previous runs? What is the first sub length?

Enemy composition looks about the same. Lot of Yelena/Venom and friends at the top with Daken/Bullseye and co. lurking at the bottom.

First sub ends at the same time as Season 3, and the second sub will start when the main reads 4 days left.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    have you SEEN the draw table for the tokens?

No I haven't, can you tell me where they are published?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

The tiny question mark next to where you buy the event tokens
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I would love to take this one easy but Steve is one of my least covered 3*s so no dice,

This is going to suck.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I see people hitting nodes down to 0. Is it more efficient to hit every 2.5 hours or fully clear to 0
  • Unknown
    Options
    I see people hitting nodes down to 0. Is it more efficient to hit every 2.5 hours or fully clear to 0

Every 2.5 hour is better but probably takes more effort too. If you could clear stuff down to 1, all you have to do is do 2 complete passes (every mission once) with 6 hours to go and then clear it down to 1 with 1 hour left and that should be more than enough to win. Scaling tends to make doing this borderline impossible, which is why you have to come up with more clever ways to make up for the inability to clear everything down to 1.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PalaDan wrote:

Almost every event recently have the standard rubberband that can be roughly approximated describe as clearing every mission down to 1 will allow you to barely overtake the overall bracket leader so far as the average person is considered. If you've been grinding out a set of high point mission every 2.5 hours, then you're pretty much just operating with negligible rubberband compared to the leader.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    PalaDan wrote:

Almost every event recently have the standard rubberband that can be roughly approximated describe as clearing every mission down to 1 will allow you to barely overtake the overall bracket leader so far as the average person is considered. If you've been grinding out a set of high point mission every 2.5 hours, then you're pretty much just operating with negligible rubberband compared to the leader.

Yup, what Phantron said.

Keep in mind that The Hunt is a rather unusual event in that it is the only one AFAIK that has asynchronous subs running all at once. Clearing to 1 everywhere is not going to happen once the other subs start to open (the second sub opens in 3 hours, Midnight EDT). The second sub, Florida, holds a special place in most veterans' tinykittyland because it has quite the reputation as being the largest sub in all of MPQ. Florida has something along the lines of 15-16 nodes in it, some of which are quite brutal once scaled and some that must be opened through progression via completing certain nodes in the sub.

I seriously doubt that players are going to be able to keep up clearing everything to 1 once scaling kicks in. With many, many nodes to play, completing them all to 1 constantly requires extraordinary effort that simply isn't sustainable in the long run.

Also, the third sub, The Savage Land, tends to scale quite high very quickly and will shut down many players, especially the Bullseye "Hard" track that is infamous for its insane difficulty once scaled.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

The tiny question mark next to where you buy the event tokens

Thanks, I've never noticed that. Have a +1 informative moderation, or as close as this system does.
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Every 2.5 hour is better but probably takes more effort too. If you could clear stuff down to 1, all you have to do is do 2 complete passes (every mission once) with 6 hours to go and then clear it down to 1 with 1 hour left and that should be more than enough to win. Scaling tends to make doing this borderline impossible, which is why you have to come up with more clever ways to make up for the inability to clear everything down to 1.

Could someone put this this in newbie speak? I know what the nodes are but what does it mean to clear them down to 1 or 0?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Who was the genius who decided to put Daken in nodes where the Candle is required?

IM40 fed Fireballs sorted most of the strike tiles out but that's just rude.
    Adventfire wrote:
    Could someone put this this in newbie speak? I know what the nodes are but what does it mean to clear them down to 1 or 0?
    Every time you complete a node the available points drop - after the fifth attempt (generally) the points available for that node will drop to 1.
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks, won't be a newbie forever but even for just having started, this event is way too easy using Johnny, Thor and OBW.
  • n33fols
    n33fols Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm hoping everyone saying they're taking this one off actually does, my 0/5/5 Cap needs help!

(Yes, I posted this mostly so I don't get deleted from the forums. Hi everybody!)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seriously started an event on the weekend? Is that a thing? Didnt think they start events on Saturdays...Getting pretty crabby here.

Not even thinking about caring about this atm, I was expecting a weekend off pve with the smart decision to let the pvp end concentrating on pvp. Might join tomorrow probably wont, maybe join Monday. Apparently D3 doesn't know what moderation or burnout is.