The Hunt: July 12-16

Options
The Hunt is back and it's better than ever, hey now, it's here, The Hunt is back!

Powered up:
+75
Torchling

+30
BP
3* Bagman
IM40

+40
Thor!
OBW

Notable Progression rewards:
2k - True Healing™ Health Pack
6k - Thor Now! Green
10k - Token
20k - OBW Purple
30k - 50 Cent
50k - Token
70k - Torchling Black

Placement:
1-2 Below + Baglady Green
3-10 Lazyshield B/R/Y, 3k, 100
11-20 R/Y, 2.5k, 100
21-50 R/Y, 2.5k, 50
51-100 Y, 1.5k, 50
101-150 Y, 1k, 50
151-400 Loonie Moonie, various
401-800 Sadness
801-1000 Disappointment

Alliance:
1-100 Lazyshield Blue
101-10k, Thank you, come again

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    have you SEEN the draw table for the tokens?

You get NO INCREASE in a 10/42-pack to draw any of the buffed 3*s.

Which is sadder when you realize some people might really want a BP cover!

icon_e_ugeek.gif Predicting another 'poor sales' event.....now. icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, at least they are giving out Lcap covers! Some of my friends are lacking in 1 or 2 Lcap covers, and it has been a long time since they introduce him as rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options

icon_e_ugeek.gif Predicting another 'poor sales' event.....now. icon_e_ugeek.gif

But, it's 17% to get a brand new 2*, which I'm guessing they'll drag out adding to pvp rewards. I bet a number of very new players go for it.

It's clearly not aimed at the forum crowd (again) and vets...that's fine. I have Lazyshield maxed, don't really care about Torchling, so it's 4.5 days of little to no playing pve for me. I'm down with that. I played very minimally in Simulator and ended up with top prizes. If that happens here too, well... great.
  • Unknown
    Options
    can you tell timer for sub? how much is left?
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    As much as I dislike the idea of putting ISO into 2* characters, they have a place in my roster for PvE events. The draw table might be awful for 3*s, but coming out with a fully covered torchling wouldn't be so bad.

And D3 really wants me to sink ISO into OBW (69) and Thor(15).
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wake me up when this one is over. at least i won't have any distractions for the end of season 3.

this one is barely deserving of my attention
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

But, it's 17% to get a brand new 2*, which I'm guessing they'll drag out adding to pvp rewards. I bet a number of very new players go for it.

It's clearly not aimed at the forum crowd (again) and vets...that's fine. I have Lazyshield maxed, don't really care about Torchling, so it's 4.5 days of little to no playing pve for me. I'm down with that. I played very minimally in Simulator and ended up with top prizes. If that happens here too, well... great.

I'll agree with this as well. Indeed, this is not for the forum crowd, and we can poke and scream and fuss all we want about this.

However, I half wonder if this is a test run to see if new 2** cover sales are more profitable than new 3*** cover sales (a valid theory to test, for sure). If the newer crowd is significantly more likely to purchase covers at 500 HP instead of 1250 HP, and buy tokens for a 15+% drop rate instead of 4.4% for a new character, then the logical outcome would be to expect more 2** releases in the future (money talks, after all).
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All right so... how are the subs handled? First firght unlocks sub?
    How long are the subs?
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    How long are the subs?

As its a 4.5 Day event I going to take a stab subs lasting 1.5 days.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *eyes Steve blue cover longingly* The event ends in the middle of my workday, so that's not gonna happen. Maybe one day I'll draw him from a standard token. The event tokens all seem to give me only two-stars these days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    How long are the subs?

As its a 4.5 Day event I going to take a stab subs lasting 1.5 days.

The Hunt is the PvE with the 3 constantly overlapping subs (oh joy, Florida with True Healing!). If I remember right, the subs historically were 36 hours in length, overlapping each other in 12 or 24 hour increments.

With 4.5 days, it sounds like there is enough time for 2 passes over all 3 subs.
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I apologize guys, I AM a newbie and if this event is aimed at people like me, I am sorry to take away better PvE events for you Pros. I hope to catch up to you guys someday and be able to sit around and wish for better cards. (not meant sarcastically) In the mean time I will try to learn the ropes and get good enough to do some PvP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Placement:
    401-800 Sadness
    801-1000 Disappointment

What happened to despair? Did it get the day off again? Stupid, lazy despair.

And did anyone else noticed that they lowered the HP rewards for the subs. Down to 50/50/25 for the first three reward tiers. Iso reward down to 500 too. Tightwads.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Placement:
    401-800 Sadness
    801-1000 Disappointment

And did anyone else noticed that they lowered the HP rewards for the subs. Down to 50/50/25 for the first three reward tiers. Iso reward down to 500 too. Tightwads.

No alliance rewards this time?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Placement:
    401-800 Sadness
    801-1000 Disappointment

No, lazy despair is the next new character PvE, not this one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    No alliance rewards this time?

Nope. Not for subs. Not a one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Placement:
    401-800 Sadness
    801-1000 Disappointment

No, lazy despair is the next new character PvE, not this one.

Makes sense. 2* Despair, 3* Lazy Despair, 4* Stupid Lazy Despair. I don't know about you but I'll be saving my HP for Stupid Lazy Despair. No half measures! Go big or go home!...wait, I am home...umm...yeah! icon_razz.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Alliance:
    1-100 Lazyshield Blue
    101-10k, Thank you, come again
    A-hahahahaha. Cap blue is the alliance reward? Wasn't blue the cover reward during the first set of PVEs? Players not in top 100 alliances get screwed yet again.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, taking this one off.
    For real this time, since it somewhat made sense to play for T5 in Torchie's introduction - this event I don't need or want anything.
    So one pass through each sub and hope that scaling gets lowered for the next PVE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I missed this event last time around. How strong is the rubber band?