The Hunt: July 12-16

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    It's a good thing that there's no new character unlocked here and my alliance prioritized pvp when the end of season 3 overlapped with the start of the event, as I would have been a bit hosed by my refusal to clear a roster spot for Lazy Torch if we were taking this seriously. Creating a character of no Earthly use to anyone with 3* characters and whom there is no point levelling ahead of the 3* HT was bad enough; making it required for all these nodes in this event is worse. Tinykitty like this pushes me ever closer to the exit door.
    They've had essentials with 2*s required before, so this isn't the first time and it won't be the last
  • Unknown
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    They've had essentials with 2*s required before, so this isn't the first time and it won't be the last

And all essentials need Torchling? IIRC the last run at least required different characters in those nodes.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

And all essentials need Torchling? IIRC the last run at least required different characters in those nodes.
    Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor and Bagdevil?
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor and Bagdevil?[/quote]

LC and LT, not sure about the third. Injected at least a trace of difference in the mass of repetitions.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I actually want to pull Torchling from these Hunt tokens and despite finishing top 2 in every sub, I have managed to pull Bag-Man about 4 times and not a single torchling. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Everytime I forget that I shouldn't underestimate Moonie she gives me big slap to remind me.

It never occurred to me that she might use Photon Blast instead of Rags Thunderclapping it all away just as the board conveniently happened to be coated in red - cue IM40 copping just under 5K damage icon_e_surprised.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm feeling terribly pleased with myself. Just opened up Florida this evening and pounded my way through, hitting all the nodes once, and now I'm comfortably #1 in my bracket. It won't last long, of course, watch me drop like a stone once I have to sleep and go to work, but it's a good feeling since I made it with just the starting set of 5 health packs.

Is it just me or has community scaling kicked in already? At least the AI condescended to let me have a few of the tinykitty cascades in my favour this time.

I'm feeling good about my tinykitty alliance too -- we're like #800-ish, but we're a quintet surrounded on all sides by teams of 10-20 people. So awesome. We may be tinykitty tinykitties but we can still kick tinykitty. icon_e_wink.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Everytime I forget that I shouldn't underestimate Moonie she gives me big slap to remind me.

It never occurred to me that she might use Photon Blast instead of Rags Thunderclapping it all away just as the board conveniently happened to be coated in red - cue IM40 copping just under 5K damage icon_e_surprised.gif

She smacked me for 5k damage earlier too, ouch. I won that round with just Torch-lite at <200 health left standing.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I derped and entered the wrong sub icon_lol.gif

I'll take a 3rd in Florida but I doubt I'll hold it for long - though scaling might start kicking some people in the ****. I know I wiped on a couple of nodes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why are there so many levels that require you have Torch? Is there a way to get him without having to crack open packs?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think it was just the PvE that had him as a prize... and packs. icon_razz.gif

And Haha. Just got around to starting this event. Let's see how much progress I can make.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why are there so many levels that require you have Torch? Is there a way to get him without having to crack open packs?

Whenever a new character is introduced he is always required in the next PvE event to give those who got the new character a significant advantage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

I always completely disregard Control Shift when I'm fighting her. Occasionally it sneaks up on me. How does a 17 cost power sneak up exactly? I'm dumb, okay. Shut up. icon_razz.gif

Anyway...last time it happened she stole my Flame Jet. I was ready to panic. My characters were already pretty beat up. This is the end, I told myself. It flared up and...0 damage. No green AP. Sucker.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Stopping in 3rd on alaska. Fingers crossed for top 50. I'm sure another Ares token will be good for my soul. Or food for my Daken if I don't botch pvp. Is it possible to tell the difference?
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

I always completely disregard Control Shift when I'm fighting her. Occasionally it sneaks up on me. How does a 17 cost power sneak up exactly? I'm dumb, okay. Shut up. icon_razz.gif

Anyway...last time it happened she stole my Flame Jet. I was ready to panic. My characters were already pretty beat up. This is the end, I told myself. It flared up and...0 damage. No green AP. Sucker.
    I lost a Defence Grid to her earlier which was irritating but I'm glad she didn't swipe my flame jet at the time - thanks to Daken she was sitting on about 24 green icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    70k in the bag.... Yay?

There would have been riots if the max progression prize for this one would have been unreachable... icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ares, Daken and Moonstone(level 70) have destroyed 3 different teams of level 90+ characters.
    I'm so bad at this game. I hate my life.

Edit: Then got wrecked in PvP; I can't get past 400. And now I don't have any healthy characters, so I can't do Florida. I'm literally going to walk away with no covers this half-week after investing 2 hours each day. I just hate it; I feel like I'm throwing my life away at something I'm worthless at.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ares, Daken and Moonstone(level 70) have destroyed 3 different teams of level 90+ characters.
    I'm so bad at this game. I hate my life.

I have a new personal hate for the Ragnarok + Venom infinite feeding loop.

Rags casts Thunderclap to generate Green to power Godlike Power, which cascades into a purple match for Symbiote Snare, which in turn give Rags two free turns to gather Green to power Thunderclap, which in turn... ugh!!!

Kudos though to the AI with a level 95 Rags and Venom only to completely solo a 11k health Hulk, mostly in a single round that lasted at least 2 minutes in length before the chain was finally broken (for a single turn before it stared back up again, lol).

Still won that fight though, in the end. LDaken was not going to stand for any of that tinykitty.

Only two more incredibly painful 12 hour grind cycles to go...

Are we done yet with this event?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    70k in the bag.... Yay?

There would have been riots if the max progression prize for this one would have been unreachable... icon_lol.gif

Think people would have torched the place?

UtyRBSG.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    I have a new personal hate for the Ragnarok + Venom infinite feeding loop.

Rags casts Thunderclap to generate Green to power Godlike Power, which cascades into a purple match for Symbiote Snare, which in turn give Rags two free turns to gather Green to power Thunderclap, which in turn... ugh!!!
    Yeah it's bitten me a few times - chewed up IIRC Black Panther, Patch, CMags, Punisher and IM40 so far.

At lower levels it's probably nowhere near as bad but as soon as Venom stuns the whole team... icon_rolleyes.gif