Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Accident double post.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The only thing I like about this event is that handsome Devil Dinosaur. Even so, when I played him earlier, the board was filled with bluem, purple, black red and yellow tiles and never more than 1 green tile in each quarter, pining away for each other. Tinykitty that.

Ah, indeed, this event the Dino fights on our side not like in Sim icon_e_wink.gif.
    Though the last Hunt I recall the enemies were like lvl45 (with 300+ all around) so not really worth attention of Dine. In the old runs I don't recall such huge imbalance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Is it just me, or does the 70k prog reward seem achievable this time around? I barely played and already have 24,8k, while Moon Roach who's leading my main has 31k.

It does. It's also a 2* HT that most people will never use except where required for certain nodes so, y'know, swings and roundabouts.

He's just dead weight in the essentials, even moreso than most. Mine's 2/1/1 and 20th level and I think I've used his skills maybe three times, always when BP or Thor had been knocked out, and they've never made much of a difference. Until he's got 10 or so covers, he's just keeping the essentials down to two people.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    I am quite convinced that the AI regards special tiles with deep suspicion and hostility. In my experience, enemy punishers always match away their own molotovs the same turn they throw it whenever possible. Confronted with two options for a match of the same colour, they avoid my strike tile like the plague and match the basic tile. ( just happened )

The one thing they're really good at is Ares countdowns - they protect their own and match mine away.

Weird thing just happened. Does Moonstone change special tile colours when she grabs them? She just snatched Steve's red countdown and it reappeared as a black countdown in a black row and matched.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Well, if you have no better use for 6 red AP, Torchlet's good for clearing out Daken's strike tile incontinence.

Man I love how many names mini Torch can have.
    Weird thing just happened. Does Moonstone change special tile colours when she grabs them? She just snatched Steve's red countdown and it reappeared as a black countdown in a black row and matched.
    Did she use her black and not her purple? Control Shift does convert enemy CDs to friendly black CDs.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Did she use her black and not her purple? Control Shift does convert enemy CDs to friendly black CDs.[/quote]

Could be, I guess. Wasn't really paying attention, but I didn't think it was in that location...
  • Unknown
    Options
    almost half way in the event, and I'm just over 36k points. I think I may be able to get 70k for the nice TLHT cover. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    4 day event means only one more Florida, right? Please?
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Well, if you have no better use for 6 red AP, Torchlet's good for clearing out Daken's strike tile incontinence.

Man I love how many names mini Torch can have.

For me its little ****. If its not MPQ I would be surprised how they release so bad animations.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:

Very likely so.

But they may pull the 'Round 2' trick starting another 2-set Hunt as this one ends...

(hope I'm just kidding icon_rolleyes.gif )
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God, Florida really is the sub from hell.
    The thing just didn't want to end, I swear.
    And all these Daken nodes!

Good thing I'm not playing this competitively.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Very likely so.

But they may pull the 'Round 2' trick starting another 2-set Hunt as this one ends...

(hope I'm just kidding icon_rolleyes.gif )

And blue LazyCap will still be the top10/alliance reward only. double icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I still see AI use cheap abilities randomly so it's not the case they're always saving up. The % the AI uses to determine whether to save up could've changed, but that's obviously impossible for any single player to verify. Anecdotally it does feel like the AI is more patient with their AP, and this almost always makes the game harder since high cost abilities gain power more than linearly (a 10 red AP ability does more than 2X5 red AP almost always) and when you've free AP feed + crazy levels behind you, there's not much risk to worry about dying before you saved up enough AP.

I don't know why people always complain about Bullseye. On a 1 on 1 basis Falcon shuts him down easily, and his protect tiles are not enough to stop any serious hitting abilities. If he's high enough level to stop your match 3s, then you're going to have way more problem if it's Daken, Ares, Sentry, or Juggernaut out of the DA lineup.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Actually... was Florida less grindy this time around? A lot of one-time only nodes, 6 regular nodes and 3 essentials. I managed a 2nd - sorry, poor chap, who I took 2nd from, but I got a 'needed' red IM 40 from one of the tokens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Actually... was Florida less grindy this time around? A lot of one-time only nodes, 6 regular nodes and 3 essentials. I managed a 2nd - sorry, poor chap, who I took 2nd from, but I got a 'needed' red IM 40 from one of the tokens.

It's exactly the same as before, but there isn't a new hero introduced this time so everyone probably took it easy instead. Having scaling being more sane probably helped too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah, last time around i was at at level 395 everything by the 2nd round of florida (that one had 3 rounds of each i think). highest i've seen so far is 185, and that's the peak, not the average, so maybe this one won't go insane.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    locked wrote:

It's exactly the same as before, but there isn't a new hero introduced this time so everyone probably took it easy instead. Having scaling being more sane probably helped too.

I managed top 10 in Florida just doing each node once and the essentials twice. I am hoping for another top 200 without touching this sub in the last 5 hours also - not getting up at 4am for these rewards.

Its all good as I am travelling all day on Wednesday/Thursday so will be doing the end of this event at all.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Pulled a red Sentry from the Alaska reward token. Now I've got him at 3/5/0. I'm going to grow old and die before I get that yellow cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    I managed top 10 in Florida just doing each node once and the essentials twice. I am hoping for another top 200 without touching this sub in the last 5 hours also - not getting up at 4am for these rewards.

Its all good as I am travelling all day on Wednesday/Thursday so will be doing the end of this event at all.

I'm starting to think it might be better if you just do enough missions to get the high point Ares mission unlocked + the essentials and do those twice instead of doing the 8 different one-time only nodes that are worth minimal points. Jump Jets and Jump Jets 2 are worth good points, but I think they unlock early too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's a good thing that there's no new character unlocked here and my alliance prioritized pvp when the end of season 3 overlapped with the start of the event, as I would have been a bit hosed by my refusal to clear a roster spot for Lazy Torch if we were taking this seriously. Creating a character of no Earthly use to anyone with 3* characters and whom there is no point levelling ahead of the 3* HT was bad enough; making it required for all these nodes in this event is worse. Tinykitty like this pushes me ever closer to the exit door.