The Hunt: July 12-16

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Joined Alaska with 31 minutes to go, got gently nudged™ into an established bracket:

2T7dZku.png

I don't mind as rubberbanders especially those with a strong roster like mine should not be able to snatch leadership from someone who puts in more work in subs (I only did a full clear and netted myself a top 50 token that produced Hulk). My only goal is to have 70k points by the end as our alliance seems to be doing well enough.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    I have a new personal hate for the Ragnarok + Venom infinite feeding loop.

Rags casts Thunderclap to generate Green to power Godlike Power, which cascades into a purple match for Symbiote Snare, which in turn give Rags two free turns to gather Green to power Thunderclap, which in turn... ugh!!!
    Yeah it's bitten me a few times - chewed up IIRC Black Panther, Patch, CMags, Punisher and IM40 so far.

At lower levels it's probably nowhere near as bad but as soon as Venom stuns the whole team... icon_rolleyes.gif

I've been getting tired of the goons feeding those two purple and green respectively. I actually had a Venom able to pull off an insta-kill devour on me thanks to that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Joined Alaska with 31 minutes to go, got gently nudged™ into an established bracket:

2T7dZku.png

I don't mind as rubberbanders especially those with a strong roster like mine should not be able to snatch leadership from someone who puts in more work in subs (I only did a full clear and netted myself a top 50 token that produced Hulk). My only goal is to have 70k points by the end as our alliance seems to be doing well enough.

I joined with an hour to go so I don't think it was an established bracket at all. More like everyone else who was thinking exactly the same thing.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Well, you gave yourself a whole hour. I barely had enough time to do one measly clear (I'm bored to tears of having to repeat nodes in a short period of time) and broke out boosted Sentry actually to kill 7-8k health Venom/Ares fast.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    Witnessed a cascade (on the receiving end of course) that allowed bullseye to put out TWO murderous aim powers in a turn. That was impressive. Thankfully his location picking skills are not good.

Obw c storm and mnmags are y he best combo to keep me going so far. Glad I picked him up...
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Locked

Yeah it wasn't an established bracket - I joined at T-45 mins - just full of people with the same mindset
  • over_clocked
    Options
    You put in like 15 minutes more of work! Hmm. Not an established bracket then at all. I will join the next sub at a weird time like -1,5 h then.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    locked wrote:
    You put in like 15 minutes more of work! Hmm. Not an established bracket then at all. I will join the next sub at a weird time like -1,5 h then.
    Joined mine at about 3 to go so I had enough time for a full clear and repeat the high-point nodes. Got the top 50 reward though I suspect I was still much closer to the pointy end than the bottom.
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Options
    So mad I started late and now am struggling just to get 60k pts for the second recruit token .
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I wiped on that Venom + Rags node again icon_e_sad.gif

Once that chain starts there's really nothing you can do but hope they run out of AP before you run out of health...
  • Unknown
    Options
    So that's awesome... my game just made a move for me on its own. Luckily, it didn't matter much because I won the next turn. Still weird.

Finished this last Florida round in the...90s? I think. An Event token. So maybe I'll get something I need. I started yesterday and have gotten myself up to 116th overall, so that's a plus. Though I need to get up to 50th at least to get covers I'd actually want for Cap Rogers. Mine's 3/3/3 at the moment.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I had a Venom + Rag game last night that not only stunlocked me, but also produced 7 crit tiles in between my turns. I also lost two straight PVPs. It was a bad night.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So It seems these 0AP Snipers are getting even worse. Constantly getting boards with only a few Green spots in places that are somehow impossible to do anything about. It's ridiculous.

What sort of teams are people using for this event? I've usually been going with something like OBW/Thor/BP, but I keep getting screwed over by that stupid Sniper.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So that's awesome... my game just made a move for me on its own. Luckily, it didn't matter much because I won the next turn. Still weird.

I've clicked on stuff during the enemy's turn and on my turn a tile will be selected, so if you're also holding down your mouse that can easily be interpreted as a move the game queued up. Not sure how early the move is queued up, but it's definitely there.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So It seems these 0AP Snipers are getting even worse. Constantly getting boards with only a few Green spots in places that are somehow impossible to do anything about. It's ridiculous.

What sort of teams are people using for this event? I've usually been going with something like OBW/Thor/BP, but I keep getting screwed over by that stupid Sniper.

I tried using some green generators with varying degrees of success to get rid of those sniper tiles (GSBW, Thor) Plus anyone who can place tiles (GSBW, MNM) so that you can set up four in a row of a color to 'shoot' the countdown can work. Also, if I'm fortunate enough to be able to match it away, I'll sometimes wait until it's down to a couple turns, since it seems the sniper will just create a new one right away. CASteve Rogers 5 level red can place on any tile, so that's nice to have if you can get the red. You could also take a chance with CStorm to destroy it.

Or there's always the 1* Hawkeye icon_e_smile.gif
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have been using cStorm and MMN with great success. Once the Villians cross over Level 100, I Boost blue and purple.

It has been effective so far. I'm over 70K total and 22 in my bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    Or there's always the 1* Hawkeye icon_e_smile.gif

FqQ1la1.gif

icon_razz.gif

Anyway, maybe I'll give CStorm and MNMags a try. When not doing the Little Torch Required nodes, who's a good third member to that group?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

Anyway, maybe I'll give CStorm and MNMags a try. When not doing the Little Torch Required nodes, who's a good third member to that group?

IM40. Feed the Blue!
  • Unknown
    Options
    But my IM40's Recharge only has 1 cover so far. icon_e_sad.gif Doesn't give any Blue AP. Eh, I'll find characters to fill in for that third spot. Could use OBW to steal an extra Blue AP with every match or get someone to cover some of the other colors.

Thanks for the team suggestions.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was in first place by about 5K when I woke up and I'm hitting the nodes every 2.5 hours when they hit full points yet somehow I've been caught and passed by two people. Is there some sort of rubberbanding where if you are ranked lower, you get more points? Really don't understand how they are gaining points so much faster than me.