The Hunt: July 12-16

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    I was in first place by about 5K when I woke up and I'm hitting the nodes every 2.5 hours when they hit full points yet somehow I've been caught and passed by two people. Is there some sort of rubberbanding where if you are ranked lower, you get more points? Really don't understand how they are gaining points so much faster than me.
    Maybe the sub event score for others maybe higher than yours. There is no rubber banding for main PVE I think.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So It seems these 0AP Snipers are getting even worse. Constantly getting boards with only a few Green spots in places that are somehow impossible to do anything about. It's ridiculous.

What sort of teams are people using for this event? I've usually been going with something like OBW/Thor/BP, but I keep getting screwed over by that stupid Sniper.

For all the ones with snipers, I'm flying the falcon - redwing is faster than those countdowns.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    You know things are going well when you're getting your **** kicked by "easy" nodes.

It doesn't matter what I throw at that last required node, Daken/Rags/Moonstone is just wiping everyone - Punisher, CMags, Patch, BP, Psylocke. Godlike Power is just generating some insane cascades for him at the moment icon_e_sad.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So It seems these 0AP Snipers are getting even worse. Constantly getting boards with only a few Green spots in places that are somehow impossible to do anything about. It's ridiculous.

What sort of teams are people using for this event? I've usually been going with something like OBW/Thor/BP, but I keep getting screwed over by that stupid Sniper.

For all the ones with snipers, I'm flying the falcon - redwing is faster than those countdowns.

What he meant to say was KAW!

In other news, we're at 19 members and will prob be top 50. If anyone wants to join temp for the alliance reward post here

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3990&start=100
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

Must be nice to have that at a level to counter count down tiles. I've only got 2 covers in Blue & he's down right useless for anything besides lessening the strike or protect tiles being cranked out by Daken or Bullseye respectively.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was trying to play a game real quick to try to get a few more points and did the node against Rags/Daken/Moonstone. It was completely rigged to the point that it was obvious I was never going to win that game. I did one move, and then the enemy got the perfect cascade that killed one member of my party (first turn) then covered the board in Strike Tiles that I couldn't do anything about and loaded Rags up with Red and Green AP. And then every time he cleared those two center columns, there was always a green match to make more Strike Tiles. It was almost laughable. Maybe they have a system to make it happen more often if you aren't buying Health Packs. icon_razz.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I was trying to play a game real quick to try to get a few more points and did the node against Rags/Daken/Moonstone. It was completely rigged to the point that it was obvious I was never going to win that game. I did one move, and then the enemy got the perfect cascade that killed one member of my party (first turn) then covered the board in Strike Tiles that I couldn't do anything about and loaded Rags up with Red and Green AP. And then every time he cleared those two center columns, there was always a green match to make more Strike Tiles. It was almost laughable. Maybe they have a system to make it happen more often if you aren't buying Health Packs. icon_razz.gif

OH GOD! IS THAT WHY I'VE BEEN HITTING SUCH A HARD WALL FOR THE LAST FEW HOURS?!?!

Seriously, I lost to that final node with Bullseye, Venom, & Ares so many times I couldn't even count! I finally managed to pull a win out... at 12:01 icon_mad.gif
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

OH GOD! IS THAT WHY I'VE BEEN HITTING SUCH A HARD WALL FOR THE LAST FEW HOURS?!?!

LOL Glad to see it wasn't just me hitting the wall at the end. I think there was something wrong with the whole event, titles disappearing that weren't supposed to, the enemy pulling tiles out of thin air, tile runs by the enemy that were WAY too often to be just random dumb luck and the scoring seemed off to me too. One minute I was ranked 6th then I was 32, then 16? Of course some of it might just be in my head. As a newbie I was trying to go crazy to get every new cover I could. Lucky I had a team of Thor, baby Torch and OBW so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Well, that was a big waste of time.

Dropped from top 10 to top 30 overnight. Tried to grind my way back up during a long lunch at work, but only made it to 12 before I ran out of time, healthpacks and viable characters. Gave up with 15 minutes to go, and finished at 20. So my reward for all that effort was the two lazy Cap covers I don't actually need.

As final "tinykitty you" from the game, I got Bagman from the sub reward token. Woo-hoo.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Hunt nodes are designed to deliver a lot of spanking especially when you're in a hurry because you started with only an hour left on the sub. Magneto managed to prevent the spankings from turning into wipeouts but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I died on those nodes while trying to clear them as fast as possible. You probably should use boosts for an enemy composition of The Hunt's calibur if you do not have the time to thoroughly evaluate the board or have a bailout hero like Magneto.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Entered with 3h to go, played 30+40 minutes, a sub top10 and combined #1, surprisingly good result.
    2 tokens: torchling and psylocke. Progressions up to 17k. Zero boosts and health pack used, barely scratched really.

And no immediate round 2 -- guess a heroic starts tomorrow for Ms. Marvel.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well that wasn't fun. Let's not do it again sometime.

On the up side, I played less on this than even the last pve which was pretty lazy. Took 5th in my main and garnered a few tokens and some hp from the subs.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The Hunt nodes are designed to deliver a lot of spanking especially when you're in a hurry because you started with only an hour left on the sub. Magneto managed to prevent the spankings from turning into wipeouts but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I died on those nodes while trying to clear them as fast as possible. You probably should use boosts for an enemy composition of The Hunt's calibur if you do not have the time to thoroughly evaluate the board or have a bailout hero like Magneto.
    Even with Mags, over-levelled Daken and Rags is rough unless you're using a load of +AP boosts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Last Hunt token i got gave me... X-Force green. I have him now cover-maxed at 5/4/4. So it was kind of a nice ending touch for an uneventful event. Now I'll just wait a year or two for that X-Force buff. He can wait just fine at his starting lvl70 until that, collecting dust.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did one full clear of each sub, didn't repeat a single node.
    Did my clears of the subs that ended at 6 am about 8 hours before the end, the two that ended at 6pm an hour before the end.

Made 16th in the main.
    Weird event, everyone seems to have taken it off.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Not everyone.

My bracket leader topped 90K with his/her awesome L40 roster icon_rolleyes.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i really put a stinker on this one.. finished the first two subs then blatantly ignored the event.. 69th at 35 000 pts..i really feel on a hiatus with the game.. except for my rash of LR i barely touch mpq (i finished dead last in HM..lol) ..no season.. no new char.. damn.. it feels good to play casually.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Contemplated on entering main/sub with 1 hour to go. Alas, couldn't get up to alarm clock (UK ftw) so ended up didn't enter at all. So this is the first PvE I have not entered in a long, long time (day 260 player). Wanted the blue Lazy Caps for re-spec. Oh well.

Hopefully my absence in this event means PvE scaling will be quite low in the next PvE.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Entered with 3h to go, played 30+40 minutes, a sub top10 and combined #1, surprisingly good result.
    2 tokens: torchling and psylocke. Progressions up to 17k. Zero boosts and health pack used, barely scratched really.

And no immediate round 2 -- guess a heroic starts tomorrow for Ms. Marvel.

The news post said that she will be the reward for the Unstable ISO-8 event re-run. I don't exactly remember, but it seems like that event was 8 or 9 days last time. Uggh.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jdberia wrote:
    The news post said that she will be the reward for the Unstable ISO-8 event re-run. I don't exactly remember, but it seems like that event was 8 or 9 days last time. Uggh.

Uh, wasn't that the event that was worse even than the 4-round Hunt? Meanwhile not even having subs so no HP raining from the sky every day either?