Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Is it worth it, as a 3* player, to put iso into AWolvie? I sold mine after the nerf, and he's been sitting at lvl 6 ever since.
    I'd never use him in PVP, and I'm not even sure a buffed AWolvie would be worth using if I had access to my full 3* roster.

For this event he'd be tanking yellow (over OBW) and green and red (over Punisher), and since you can no longer prologue heal this is actually quite important. Adamantium Slash is still pretty decent too.
    At full levels for both? I might have to level him again icon_eek.gif

Assuming OBW/Punisher/Wolverine are all at max level, in this event Wolverine gets yellow/green/red, Punisher gets environment + black, and OBW gets blue + purple. Wolverine recovers twice as fast and does heal on yellow matches below 50%, and if he dies it's not like you really care about what happens to him. Obviously this doesn't help for the She-Hulk required nodes, but it is quite handy for the other nodes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Does anyone else thing that making the same 3*s required for PVP and PVE at the same time really undermines any claims they have about true healing not being an attempt to sell health packs?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Does anyone else thing that making the same 3*s required for PVP and PVE at the same time really undermines any claims they have about true healing not being an attempt to sell health packs?

I thought it's a good way to make people choose between focusing on PvP or PvE, though they need to work on making sure the two type of events have comparable rewards if this is the way things are going to be. HT does most of the work in Heroic Jugg and Hot Shots was at the same time, and now I'm pretty sure we'll have a Army of One event coming up in the final stretch of Heroic DA where The Punisher is expected to see very heavy usage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know the conspiracy theory is that they want you to use the same character in two places at once to increase your health pack purchases, but I think it's more that the two events both have bagmen tokens that have a slightly increased chance of giving out the featured 3* characters. Meaning if you get one, you have two places to use it instead of one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol i am currently #1 in main and #3 in sub...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

According to their disclosed metrics, tokens/token packs are their largest revenue driver. I think it's more to entice people to buy those since they'll be able to use their shiny new cover in 2 events (if the RNG cooperates, of course).
  • Unknown
    Options
    The combination of health pack carnage plus what appears to be the "each sub has its own unique scaling system that resets back to base personal scaling after each sub" system is really causing some carnage out there.

In my sub bracket, myself and I other person are carrying the show at 16k and hold a 4k lead over 3rd and 6k lead over 10, who is barely at 10k at the 12h mark to go. I really expected a push from others to catch up between the 12-14h mark to go, like normal, but.... nothing. I'm sure the gap will surely close by the end of the sub in 12 hours, but for now I'm pondering if this event is truly beating down hard on non-vets already.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    The combination of health pack carnage plus what appears to be the "each sub has its own unique scaling system that resets back to base personal scaling after each sub" system is really causing some carnage out there.

In my sub bracket, myself and I other person are carrying the show at 16k and hold a 4k lead over 3rd and 6k lead over 10, who is barely at 10k at the 12h mark to go. I really expected a push from others to catch up between the 12-14h mark to go, like normal, but.... nothing. I'm sure the gap will surely close by the end of the sub in 12 hours, but for now I'm pondering if this event is truly beating down hard on non-vets already.
    You'd think that but I just found that the guy holding 10th in my main bracket is playing every node with a L15 She-Hulk and a L16 Bagman - and that's it. He's still managed to hit 15K so far icon_eek.gif

That needs pointing out again: Bagman is the star.

Clearly scaling is working out just fine for some. I'm happy I managed to do a full sweep and only use 3 healthpacks,
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

You'd think that but I just found that the guy holding 10th in my main bracket is playing every node with a L15 She-Hulk and a L16 Bagman - and that's it. He's still managed to hit 15K so far icon_eek.gif

Clearly scaling is working out just fine for some. I'm happy I managed to do a full sweep and only use 3 healthpacks,

If that's all the characters that guy has, the enemy are likely level 20-30 on those She-Hulk required node, and She-Hulk is boosted to level 105 and will easily clean them up with just match damage.

One of the biggest loopholes of scaling is that boosted levels do not appear to get factored into scaling, so if you deleted everyone on your roster and only have a level 15 She-Hulk, the game gives you PvE matchup that'd be appropriate for someone with a level 15 character, except your She-Hulk is actually level 105. I've seen some player that has roster that's structured in an attempt to take advantage of this, though I don't know how successful that is.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

If that's all the characters that guy has, the enemy are likely level 20-30 on those She-Hulk required node, and She-Hulk is boosted to level 105 and will easily clean them up with just match damage.

One of the biggest loopholes of scaling is that boosted levels do not appear to get factored into scaling, so if you deleted everyone on your roster and only have a level 15 She-Hulk, the game gives you PvE matchup that'd be appropriate for someone with a level 15 character, except your She-Hulk is actually level 105. I've seen some player that has roster that's structured in an attempt to take advantage of this, though I don't know how successful that is.
    Working as intended. That 1/1/1 rewards are so much more useful to give to 1* people than people who might finish covering with them (and I did have a 1* person in my final top 10 last event)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Working as intended. That 1/1/1 rewards are so much more useful to give to 1* people than people who might finish covering with them (and I did have a 1* person in my final top 10 last event)
    Actually, that _is_ working as intended.

The guy with 1* chars will buy a roster slot for Sentry, because, 3 covers! Yay!
    And you might buy the missing covers for Sentry from saved up HP.

So, revenue from both of you.

Whereas if you make T10 you'll finish your Sentry without spending HP and the 1* guy sticks to his 1* chars.

My Sentry should be fully covered by the end of this as well, but if not I don't even care. With true healing using Sentry for anything but your final match is totally out of the question, and UDaken/LT act as a good deterrent below 800 too. If you're above 900 nothing will prevent people from attacking you, anyway.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well I am in an interesting sub. I am currently ranked lower in the 200 player sub, 3rd, than my main bracket which I am second.

I think my guess of 27K this sub is going to look a bit on the high side. I will not be breaking 25K at my current rate.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I'm joining late to get easier bracket.. Instead, hello Bowgentle and daveomite icon_e_biggrin.gif
    The rubberband is pretty nice, but if there are any main nodes, it will be a bloody finish as usual icon_e_sad.gif now I really miss prodigal sun..
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iPulzzz wrote:
    So I'm joining late to get easier bracket.. Instead, hello Bowgentle and daveomite icon_e_biggrin.gif
    The rubberband is pretty nice, but if there are any main nodes, it will be a bloody finish as usual icon_e_sad.gif now I really miss prodigal sun..
    Heh, yeah first thing I saw was daveomite too icon_e_smile.gif

Not sure how much I'll do, I might be scaling myself out already.
    But right now this is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than playing DD for Punpun rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    But right now this is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than playing DD for Punpun rewards.

I think a lot of people are thinking the same I am currently 3rd in Blind Justice unshielded on a paltry 590 points. Not that I need any more covers for Frank. Put I also see where 5 Health Packs gets me after this sub has finished and use a 8H shield as I will not be joining the second sub right away.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I also joined a late bracket. Knew I was going to be gone all day yesterday so I waited until this morning to start. There were about 700+ people in my bracket when I joined, top at 14k. That person is up to 16k now. I picked up 11.5k from a once through of all nodes in the sub, where I'm at #3.

Not sure if 100k for Jenny-shakes-the-block will be doable with four and a half days left. I think that will take starting the next sub to figure out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Unless point values go up, I think 100k is liable to be out of reach. We'd need to be seeing top scores probably over 30k for this sub to have a realistic chance. The highest I've seen so far are in the low 20s, and there's not that much time left.

If point values go up, then it just depends on how much.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Maybe new subs will have more nodes (bad outcome). Or higher values (yes please).
  • Unknown
    Options
    If it weren't for the scaling of this event, combined with the selection of baddies just after the True Healing change occurred and the certain "Restricted" roster they chose, it wouldn't be so obvious that the main purpose of this event was to try to force people to buy Health Packs. And then have D3 or whoever come in and say "Wow. Ever since we made the True Healing change, sales of Health Packs have risen. Obviously this was the right choice."

And apparently I'm getting punished for pointing that out, because I'm getting nothing but these ridiculous "enemies get absurd cascades and everything they need" games.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    If it weren't for the scaling of this event, combined with the selection of baddies just after the True Healing change occurred and the certain "Restricted" roster they chose, it wouldn't be so obvious that the main purpose of this event was to try to force people to buy Health Packs. And then have D3 or whoever come in and say "Wow. Ever since we made the True Healing change, sales of Health Packs have risen. Obviously this was the right choice."

And apparently I'm getting punished for pointing that out, because I'm getting nothing but these ridiculous "enemies get absurd cascades and everything they need" games.

Whew! At least it's not happening just to me....

Not that it's cool that it's happening to us at all, and not the enemies but icon_e_confused.gif ( i know, i know, confirmation bias yadda yadda, etc.)

it's catharsis! icon_mrgreen.gif