Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The subs have only 200 people and are likely to have far greater variances. If you get an easy sub you can easily slack your way, but the main bracket has always been quite competitive for me.

Since the subs opened - only did the 2 goon nodes in the main - I fell from 1st to 24th in 16 hours which is a lot slower than I thought I was going to drop. I will not join this sub until about 24 hours to go again and then haul myself back up the list on the rubber band.

I am not sure if I am going to try for top 2 could use the IW cover but with the current score unless the last sub/main nodes are worth a lot of points I am not reaching the 100K for she Hulk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Joined up with 8hrs left in the first sub. Leading 10th place in my main by 10k pts...

Now I just need to hope that crazy rubberbanding doesn't make it's unwelcome appearance in the last day of the event icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Joined up with 8hrs left in the first sub. Leading 10th place in my main by 10k pts...
    I think most of us who waited for the last day to enter the first sub are doing it again this sub.
    So that 10K lead should evaporate rather quickly once people start playing again icon_e_wink.gif
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I think most of us who waited for the last day to enter the first sub are doing it again this sub.
    So that 10K lead should evaporate rather quickly once people start playing again icon_e_wink.gif
    Same here. Joined main / first sub at T-8h, and found out noob, bloodwars and laoahpeh in my main. fk.

On positive note, only did 1 stack pass of all the nodes once at T-8h and another time at T-3h, still netted my Top 5 finish in the first sub. Out of the 2 event tokens, one of them gave me green Shulk, so definitely a positive experience icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am not stressing about joining times. Since it ends 6am EU time, I cannot make top 100 anyways, so doesn't matter. I just play when I have health packs to spare.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm taking it casual on this event, as my primary goal is obtaining more or less all the rewards from each node (iso's) to level up my character(s).
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There's no consistency on what counts as 'convert' and what counts as 'destroy'. For example Thor's Thunder Strike converts up to 9 basic tiles to yellow and does not disarm the trap, but Magneto's Magnetic Field which converts 2 tiles to blue protect tile will disarm a trap if put directly over a trap. From what I can tell, changing the special status of a tile disarms it, e.g. trap to strike (Daken), or trap to protect (Magneto), but changing the color of the trap does not remove it. So, going by that logic, the web tile changes the color and its special status (to web) which should disarm the trap.
    locked wrote:
    I think that Magneto triggers traps with Magnetic field, will have to test it, but damn, Bagjustice ended and I won't find a Daredevil opponent now for love or money.
    Having experimented a lot with Daredevil, I can confirm that Magnetic Field protect tiles will overwrite traps, as Phantron noted above.

The special status that Phantron mentioned is generally the rule, but there is one exception I've found: Oasis destroys traps instead of color-changing them like Thor's powers, Hulk's Anger, etc.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As to the discussion of brackets, is there necessarily a third sub-bracket? Each sub-bracket so far has contained nine nodes for 2 days, and there are nine nodes left on the main map. It could just be the main map for the remaining 2.5 days after the current sub-bracket ends.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I love rubberbanding icon_e_biggrin.gif

Joined the sub nearly 22 hours after it opened and one full pass popped me into 3rd (and passed Jamie Madrox on the way). It was enough to keep me hovering around the top 50 in my main bracket too.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    I love my main. Except for the top 5, _nobody_ has added _any_ points since the first sub ended icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm about 10K behind the leader in mine icon_e_confused.gif

I doubt I'll make up the difference but any Sentry covers are better than none.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I'm about 10K behind the leader in mine icon_e_confused.gif

I doubt I'll make up the difference but any Sentry covers are better than none.
    I'm 14K behind the leader, but only 2K behind #6 lol.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Having experimented a lot with Daredevil, I can confirm that Magnetic Field protect tiles will overwrite traps, as Phantron noted above.

The special status that Phantron mentioned is generally the rule, but there is one exception I've found: Oasis destroys traps instead of color-changing them like Thor's powers, Hulk's Anger, etc.
    Oh, I think I was confused becaue of that one case when I Magnetic Fielded some tiles but actually didn't overwrite the trapped tile, but a neighboring tile, and the trap made into the blue match. Thanks for the info! I feel safe now with this knowledge against Bagdevil.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i'd like to get top 10, just cause that'd put my sentry at 141 (535 though). going to join late again, rb up, and then see if i need to scramble for the last 2 days or not to make up for it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

Oh, I think I was confused becaue of that one case when I Magnetic Fielded some tiles but actually didn't overwrite the trapped tile, but a neighboring tile, and the trap made into the blue match. Thanks for the info! I feel safe now with this knowledge against Bagdevil.

thor/hulk's powers don't overwrite any special tiles (Crit tiles, strike tiles etc) whereas oasis just doesn't care. i use storm's black, make a match and then use thor's yellow to force all the green to the top 2-3 rows. pretty crazy. if you don't have enough free tiles to change, you lose them though :/
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I love my main. Except for the top 5, _nobody_ has added _any_ points since the first sub ended icon_lol.gif

Lol...no kidding bow. I've been watching the bracket, and amazed we're still pretty close and have really dropped at that much yet. Gonna be interesting.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MPQ uses fairly ambigious words like 'convert' or 'add' even though Oasis is not like Thunder Strike at all, as Oasis can get rid of any special status tile but Thunder Strike cannot, so they also interact differently to traps.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vetheran wrote:
    I am not stressing about joining times. Since it ends 6am EU time, I cannot make top 100 anyways, so doesn't matter. I just play when I have health packs to spare.
    I've seen this said a lot and I just disagree. Maybe you are in a hardcore grinder bracket but Sumilea can back me up on what I'm saying here...the last pve before the heroics (iso8 brotherhood I think) we were both top 10 going into the last 12 hours or so, and just doing the optimal clear once every 3 hours strategy I maintained that rating. I could have done nothing at the very end and stayed easily top 100 and probably top 50. I know this because only like 3 matches put me back into top 10 with 45 minutes to go.

My point is, if you play optimally beforehand, you absolutely can miss the last 5 hours and still top 100.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    vetheran wrote:
    I've seen this said a lot and I just disagree. Maybe you are in a hardcore grinder bracket but Sumilea can back me up on what I'm saying here...the last pve before the heroics (iso8 brotherhood I think) we were both top 10 going into the last 12 hours or so, and just doing the optimal clear once every 3 hours strategy I maintained that rating. I could have done nothing at the very end and stayed easily top 100 and probably top 50. I know this because only like 3 matches put me back into top 10 with 45 minutes to go.

My point is, if you play optimally beforehand, you absolutely can miss the last 5 hours and still top 100.

Youre talking about event with IM40 as rewards, many people were slacking there. Also if we will have main nodes with rb then wish you luck with staying in top200 without playing during last hour.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    vetheran wrote:

You can't compare an event with global rubberbanding to an event that only uses sub-rubberbanding. In an event that doesn't have global rubberbanding (like Brotherhood) your ranking will be somewhat stable at the end. With nodes in the main event, you can go to bed at rank 2 and wake up outside the Top100. Everything points towards this event being the latter.