Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Anyone know if there are subs? if it is still 2.5 hours for full points? Is the scaling bad? Is there low level players currently in the top 10? Hows this true healing thing going?
    There are.
    Seems so.
    Not amazing for me - I've already got an Ares node over 100.
    Looks like it:
    reallyroster.jpg
    Three usable characters (one of whom is Daredevil!) and none over level 30...
    Seems fine but Punisher + AWolvie are mashing through most nodes with ease.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it worth it, as a 3* player, to put iso into AWolvie? I sold mine after the nerf, and he's been sitting at lvl 6 ever since.
    I'd never use him in PVP, and I'm not even sure a buffed AWolvie would be worth using if I had access to my full 3* roster.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    He does seem to get buffed pretty frequently in PVEs and he's one of the few "true" healers around so I'd say he's probably worth the effort if you've got no one better who could use the ISO.

One thing worth noting is that even at L125 he's tanking red, green and maybe yellow ahead of my L158 Punisher.
  • Unknown
    Options

WHALE STRATEGY -- Buy up She-Hulk to 5 Blue covers. Go into each battle with some blue boosts. When enough bad counters are out, use Settlement on them. OBW will steal Blue, Black, and Purple tiles on a match, and also Aggressive Recon, so she's a good feeder for Settlement. Add Wolvie or Punisher against goons, maybe swap in Daredevil against non-goons.

For the really adventuresome, Switcheroo (13 Purple AP) and Ambush (7 Red AP) is a good combo, setting up an irresistible 4 match for the AI.

I would not advise whales to use boosts in the beginning of the Sub though.

Cleared the sub only 3 times and Scaling is horrible. I have to use 5 Med Packs to clear the whole sub.

Ares node : lvl 121 (worst) (+2 lvl from 2nd to 3rd clear though)
    Sentry : Lvl 82 (+3 lvl)

I remember the previous heroic PvE, I had to boost like crazy in the end to secure the 3 covers, and the Scaling was skyrocketting.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Cleared the sub only 3 times and Scaling is horrible. I have to use 5 Med Packs to clear the whole sub.

Ares node : lvl 121 (worst) (+2 lvl from 2nd to 3rd clear though)
    Sentry : Lvl 82 (+3 lvl)

I remember the previous heroic PvE, I had to boost like crazy in the end to secure the 3 covers, and the Scaling was skyrocketting.
    I hear that. I couldn't finish the sub's essential nodes twice without burning through all of my health packs and my characters. Limited roster isn't so bad as long as the limited roster is viable and the scaling isn't too terrible. Unfortunately in this case both are bad.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Exactly and was just wondering what the end of the Event will look like...

I think it prevents players from grinding essential nodes like crazy.

Sarcasm : I DO appreciate the new diversity of roster using after True Healing icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good god. This event is just getting annoying. Doing the node with Juggernaut, Venom, and Daken, and the computer just magically got a cascade where it got at least 10 of EVERY color. What the hell, is this done on purpose to make sure Health Packs get used ASAP so we'll spend money to buy more?

I feel like I'm about ready to say screw it to the whole event since it just seems like the whole purpose of this event is to make people spend money on Health Packs.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Those with She-Hulk can afford not to grind non-essential nodes for now. But Hulkless people should not grind these nodes either, anyway, and only try to do 2 final refreshes.
    I have a one-cover She-Hulk, she is totes useless but she lets me access Essentials and let me tell you, buffed Wolverine is god-like (damage output-wise). Heck, if a character can be reliably kept at 50% health, that's not too shabby. I haven't had to break out my maxed Punisher even yet and have been doing Wolverine/oBW tango against non-goon nodes just fine. My Analyst node likes to use red on Pistol first, I expect that to change when sub is ending though icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Definitely max A.Wolvie, Wolfman, that's one more character you won't have to spend healthpacks on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Those with She-Hulk can afford not to grind non-essential nodes for now. But Hulkless people should not grind these nodes either, anyway, and only try to do 2 final refreshes.
    I have a one-cover She-Hulk, she is totes useless but she lets me access Essentials and let me tell you, buffed Wolverine is god-like (damage output-wise). Heck, if a character can be reliably kept at 50% health, that's not too shabby. I haven't had to break out my maxed Punisher even yet and have been doing Wolverine/oBW tango against non-goon nodes just fine. My Analyst node likes to use red on Media Cover first, I expect that to change when sub is ending though icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Definitely max A.Wolvie, Wolfman, that's one more character you won't have to spend healthpacks on.

I've just been playing each of the non-Essential nodes once every few hours, though scaling is quickly taking care of that. The one with Ares and 2 Goons is Hard so far, but the one with Venom/Juggs/Daken is awful since it's all characters with low power costs and high damage. I wish I had a team that could work reliably and not take too much damage in... every node.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So 24hrs into the event,and the middle sub nodes have scaled up 50 levels.

The Ares & 2 goons are lvl 146 and wiped out my team twice.

The higher health enemies take longer to kill and we sustain more damage if we survive these fights.

This is CLEARLY working as intended to sell more health packs.

I thought I was on pace to reach 100k for the She-Hulk progression reward but if scaling doesn't adjust I'm not wasting my time after day 3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    tiny kitty, I figured out what mpq is doing with the last two pve's. they set up heroics with the least used characters, then put the two most desirable rewards to make sure people play. they're trying to get us to put iso into characters we usually never would. in short, it's another move to try and create roster diversity.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tiny kitty, I figured out what mpq is doing with the last two pve's. they set up heroics with the least used characters, then put the two most desirable rewards to make sure people play. they're trying to get us to put iso into characters we usually never would. in short, it's another move to try and create roster diversity.

It worked...I added some lvls to im40, 2*thor, and gsbw for that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Is it worth it, as a 3* player, to put iso into AWolvie? I sold mine after the nerf, and he's been sitting at lvl 6 ever since.
    I'd never use him in PVP, and I'm not even sure a buffed AWolvie would be worth using if I had access to my full 3* roster.

For this event he'd be tanking yellow (over OBW) and green and red (over Punisher), and since you can no longer prologue heal this is actually quite important. Adamantium Slash is still pretty decent too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Good god. This event is just getting annoying. Doing the node with Juggernaut, Venom, and Daken, and the computer just magically got a cascade where it got at least 10 of EVERY color. What the hell, is this done on purpose to make sure Health Packs get used ASAP so we'll spend money to buy more?

I feel like I'm about ready to say screw it to the whole event since it just seems like the whole purpose of this event is to make people spend money on Health Packs.

Had one of those games where they effectively wiped out my team by turn 1, and then next game I had an awesome cascade and won by turn 5. That's just the breaks. Unstoppable Crash is quite deadly.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

buffed wolverine is great during PvE's. since u are 3* roster player if you had spare iso i'd level him. but if iso is more usable elsewhere save it for that since a buffed a wol is going to be used about once a month or so, but was used twice last month.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:

hasnt worked for me yet. im planning to join each sub late and see where it goes from there. if i dont win sentey covers...i dont win sentdy covers. i only need 2 and i will get 1 of tbwmfrom the alliance rewards.

ive griound the last 3 PVEs hard, so i deserve one where i can ease off the gas a bit.

best of luck to everyone grinding this one.

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:

hasnt worked for me yet. im planning to join each sub late and see where it goes from there. if i dont win sentey covers...i dont win sentdy covers. i only need 2 and i will get 1 of them from the alliance rewards.

ive ground the last 3 PVEs hard, so i deserve one where i can ease off the gas a bit.

best of luck to everyone grinding this one.

marc
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

For this event he'd be tanking yellow (over OBW) and green and red (over Punisher), and since you can no longer prologue heal this is actually quite important. Adamantium Slash is still pretty decent too.
    At full levels for both? I might have to level him again icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:

I thought I was on pace to reach 100k for the She-Hulk progression reward but if scaling doesn't adjust I'm not wasting my time after day 3.

Getting 15.4K a day is going to be hard going. I would guess top scores after the first sub will be about 27K so we going to have to speed up a bit.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

At full levels for both? I might have to level him again icon_eek.gif
    He has 73 green, 65 red, and 57 yellow at 125. This isn't the first one where he's been at 125 either. Not sure how high that damage will go if the level shifts happen during event.