Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    If I'm not available to play optimally until Sunday night, given past events, does it make sense not to enter until then? I realize I'll screw myself for the main node progression rewards, but I'll probably be able to get the placement awards based on other people who entered at the same time, right?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    If I'm not available to play optimally until Sunday night, given past events, does it make sense not to enter until then? I realize I'll screw myself for the main node progression rewards, but I'll probably be able to get the placement awards based on other people who entered at the same time, right?

This isn't a weekend event, it's 7 days. Ends next Thursday at midnight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    (Pro-tip: he's terrible against Daken/Ragnarok and WITH Punisher/modern Storm/She-Hulk as all of them destroy traps like no one's busines.
    Correction: he's terrible against and with everyone.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    grimeon wrote:
    Meto5000 wrote:

This isn't a weekend event, it's 7 days. Ends next Thursday at midnight.

I think you misunderstand. I'm just trying to make sure that if I hold off from entering until Sunday night when I can start playing on a regular schedule that I will be in a bracket with other people who didn't enter until around the same time instead of trying to catch up with people who have been working on points since today.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:
    This is the point of the "true healing!" Take away my roster, only let me use the tinykitty characters (oh yea, 2 of them I haven't even bothered to recruit,) so once it gets hard, I am dead in two nodes and have to wait for the same characters to heal???

How the hell does this promote a diverse playing roster?
    In what version of reality are Punisher, OBW, AWolv, and MStorm "the tinykitty characters"?! Also, recruiting those two characters would diversify your roster. That's pretty much how diversification works.
    DEWDuck wrote:
    And one of the best things I just found out while doing a quick run through is that one of the nodes requires She-Hulk to continue! So if you are one of those like me who got rogered with no vaseline at the end of Jugs due to the "true healing" and didn't get her, you are screwed!

Man these devs are genius.
    It's pretty much always been like this. The point distributions have actually gotten better. The last Hulk PVE (just after alliances were first introduced) featured BP-required Essential nodes that were so valuable that I maintained global individual top 200 in the last three days of that event by only doing the two-ish BP-required nodes in every 10-node sub.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Daredevil and Bagman best pairing team icon_lol.gif
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    DEWDuck wrote:
    This is the point of the "true healing!" Take away my roster, only let me use the tinykitty characters (oh yea, 2 of them I haven't even bothered to recruit,) so once it gets hard, I am dead in two nodes and have to wait for the same characters to heal???

How the hell does this promote a diverse playing roster?
    In what version of reality are Punisher, OBW, AWolv, and MStorm "the tinykitty characters"?! Also, recruiting those two characters would diversify your roster. That's pretty much how diversification works.

Punisher and AWolv are the only useful ones. OBW is useless now and once the nodes move up a notch MStorm will get blown out of the water in a couple of moves. And in who's world would it be worth it to spend HP to open up slots and spend ISO to level up Bagman and Hawkeye?? Oh I know the devs...This is not diversification, this is being forced to play with a set of characters that they decide on.
    DEWDuck wrote:
    And one of the best things I just found out while doing a quick run through is that one of the nodes requires She-Hulk to continue! So if you are one of those like me who got rogered with no vaseline at the end of Jugs due to the "true healing" and didn't get her, you are screwed!

Man these devs are genius.
    It's pretty much always been like this. The point distributions have actually gotten better. The last Hulk PVE (just after alliances were first introduced) featured BP-required Essential nodes that were so valuable that I maintained global individual top 200 in the last three days of that event by only doing the two-ish BP-required nodes in every 10-node sub.

My point was that I, like many people got screwed at the end of Jugs and weren't able to recruit the cover.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:
    My point was that I, like many people got screwed at the end of Jugs and weren't able to recruit the cover.
    That situation sucks, but it's nothing new. The overwhelming importance of the last hour of multi-day PVEs has been a longstanding problem.

While the timing of the "true healing" could've been better, I'm honestly not sure how much it affected placement, since the only people who benefited from it are pretty much 1* players who didn't have an OBW to begin with.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another crippled roster, and a node where you've got a goon feeding red to Sentry and Jugg. Yes, this game does require way more thought without healing. It's forcing me to go figure out what I should watch on Netflix...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:

Since the event started just over 2 hours ago, it is still hard to tell.

What will RB be like? Will it exist?

There are sub-nodes, so not doing the subs might hurt your ranking.

Will there be grindable (super RB) nodes at the end in the main, as usual. Meaning that, in the final 24 hours, someone who did nothing in the Subs will be able to catch up quite easily with massive RB in the Grindable Main?

If you miss a whole sub will you immediately get screwed?

Will you NOT be slotted with someone in 1st place for example who will already have a 60K lead on you? See sharding and nudging for your answer to that one.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    So we get a limited roster to promote diversifying your team

Daredevil traps can be destroyed by Daken Ragnarok Juggernaut and Sentry

okay... but he's buffed

Wait wait wait

His own teammates are doing it too: She-Hulk, Wolverine, Punisher's judgement & Molotov, mStorm's everything and even cHawkeye (though you can choose not to destroy the row where you set traps)

and a levelled up Daredevil may tank for OBW but prevents her useful Espionage from the boosted strike tiles Punisher Wolverine and She-Hulk can provide...

Seriously, Bagman & Daredevil in a limited roster is mean, but "trivial healing" makes EVERYTHING WORSE

They better ninja update health packs to regen up to 10 and drop paid health packs to 10/100 hero points if they expect us to still enjoy the game
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I seriously think that the last bracket is going to be a main bracket one with RB off the global leader or at least main bracket leader... I bet that all the points you gain in the subs are going to be irrelevant...
    Probably will still try to do subs but only in the last 24-12 hours...
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's a hard balancing act to figure out.

One one hand, you want to earn the top rewards (with as little work as possible) on the other hand you want to help do your share to earn points and make top 100 for your Alliance.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Of the featured/available pve 3* characters daredevil and Punisher are concurrently featured in their own pvp. Is it likely a She - Hulk pvp will follow Punisher.

It could also be costly or a challenge to keep Punisher and Daredevil healthy for both events unless using the donor heroes in pvp.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    It's a hard balancing act to figure out.

One one hand, you want to earn the top rewards (with as little work as possible) on the other hand you want to help do your share to earn points and make top 100 for your Alliance.
    I would so love for my whole alliance to start playing in the last 24 hours and make T10 individual and alliance.
    Too risky though if the points in the subs turn out to be significant for a change.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why do people always cling on to the hope that there will be bailout main mission nodes when it's about 50/50 whether they'll happen based on past history in cases where it cannot be easily determined? This event can easily be divided up into a 2D, 2D, and 2D 12H sub events based on the placement on the nodes on the main map.

Assuming the right side is going to be the last to unlock, you're also talking about missions that should have Don + 2 Muscles or similar combinations, so even if there are bailout nodes at the end, it's far from certain to be able to beat them reliably with this roster.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Of the featured/available pve 3* characters daredevil and Punisher are concurrently featured in their own pvp. Is it likely a She - Hulk pvp will follow Punisher.

It could also be costly or a challenge to keep Punisher and Daredevil healthy for both events unless using the donor heroes in pvp.

There's no reason why you'd use Daredevil unless you happen to have him sitting at level 141 for some reason.

Punisher only tanks black if you have OBW and Wolverine on the team, which is the team that makes the most sense to use in this event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    On what planet can OBW+mStorm not reliably beat a team of thee goons?
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

There's no reason why you'd use Daredevil unless you happen to have him sitting at level 141 for some reason.

Punisher only tanks black if you have OBW and Wolverine on the team, which is the team that makes the most sense to use in this event.

Im thinking Pun, OBW and MStorm. Only cause my Wolvie is at level 6. (46 if you count the boosted)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I have 4.5 useful characters for this (the .5 being a 3-Black unleveled Punisher).

Thank god I just started building a Bagman for such an occasion.