Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The She-Hulk graphic on the Recruit Heroes tab, thanks to unfortunate boost crystal placement, looks like she is flipping the bird.

I approve.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Are there alliance sub prizes?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm basically just going to have to live off of Pun/Wolvy + damage sponges. Run every match with G/Bla AP boosts to minimize damage taken.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    5 out of the 8 avail characters have purple then blue as the dominant color.
    How come 5 out of 8?
    I only counted 4: oBW, Bag-Man, cHawkeye and Daredevil.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Negative
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    locked wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    5 out of the 8 avail characters have purple then blue as the dominant color.
    How come 5 out of 8?
    I only counted 4: oBW, Bag-Man, cHawkeye and Daredevil.

my apologies for misspeaking... i was counting my duplicate MStorm in that figure. icon_redface.gif

abd i wax confusing MStorm w CStorm.

event still blows.

marc
  • over_clocked
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Negative
    Thanks! Guess our teammates that lack She-Hulk should hope for their individual tokens then.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Really? So how is this not a punishment for players griping about healing change?
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    locked wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Negative
    Thanks! Guess our teammates that lack She-Hulk should hope for their individual tokens then.

Basically.
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    This is the point of the "true healing!" Take away my roster, only let me use the shitest characters (oh yea, 2 of them I haven't even bothered to recruit,) so once it gets hard, I am dead in two nodes and have to wait for the same characters to heal???

How the hell does this promote a diverse playing roster?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seems like they've pulled the ol' Switcheroo.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would like the sentry covers but grinding for 6 days with just 8 characters ouch. I guess I will wait some time see if I can avoid the mad grinders like the last event. (Only had to do 3 missions in the last refresh to keep top 10 making it was a very stress free finish)

Might be time to top up Frank though. I would hate to put ISO into Bag-Man, DareDevil and Hawkeye.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:
    How the hell does this promote a diverse playing roster?

The only diverse thing it promotes is diverse roster of credit cards for health pack purchases.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Three star blue and purple hero also featured PvP character this weekend. So much yay.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Need some advice. Not sure if I should pay 1000HP for two roster slots so I can pick up a bagman and a hawkeye. Maybe also should I tank the Hollowpoint PVP so I can get Extra bagman covers? icon_rolleyes.gif Assuming by the name that in this PVE are we fighting the Dark Avengers? Cool.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    Need some advice. Not sure if I should pay 1000HP for two roster slots so I can pick up a bagman and a hawkeye. Maybe also should I tank the Hollowpoint PVP so I can get Extra bagman covers? icon_rolleyes.gif Assuming by the name that in this PVE are we fighting the Dark Avengers? Cool.

Yes, do it. Then recruit a powerful bagman and level him to 85. You will then win this heroic just from using bagman. icon_twisted.gif
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    And one of the best things I just found out while doing a quick run through is that one of the nodes requires She-Hulk to continue! So if you are one of those like me who got rogered with no vaseline at the end of Jugs due to the "true healing" and didn't get her, you are screwed!

Man these devs are genius.
  • over_clocked
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Three star blue and purple hero also featured PvP character this weekend. So much yay.
    You can run the loaner Daredevil in PvP and not notice any change.
    On the other hand, you could run a one cover Daredevil in PvE, too, and not notice any change.
    (Pro-tip: he's terrible against Daken/Ragnarok and WITH Punisher/modern Storm/She-Hulk as all of them destroy traps like no one's business. Against goons, he's less useful than Bag-Man. Character design achievement of the year.)
    I guess you could maybe manipulate the enemy into making a booby-trapped (crotch-trapped) 4 match with cHawkeye. Solid C-team, that one icon_lol.gif

Edit: spelling
  • Unknown
    Options
    user311 wrote:

Bagman is not worth a spot unless you want him for completism or you're early enough in the game he's a viable choice for your main roster. He's okay as an anti-countdown tile weapon, but 1) OBW is better, and you've got a maxed one, and 2) his skills all cost twice what they should.

Hawkeye's again okay in the early game, but probably not worth a slot later on unless you're a completist.