Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lets see:

__/_9/_9/__/12/__ -- She-Hulk -- Blue can help Wolverine's strike tiles a lot, and Franks strike tiles a little. Countdown tiles at level 5.
    __/_8/__/__/_8/_7 -- Punisher -- Decent character
    __/_7/_7/11/__/__ -- Daredevil -- Completely useless against goons, and also in another tourney.
    __/__/11/_8/__/PA -- OBW -- Her drain power is weak against goons. Heal was just nerfed. Ups Countdowns
    _7/__/_9/13/__/__ -- Bagman -- High AP costs for their usefulness.
    PA/12/__/__/_6/__ -- 2* Wolvie -- Decent character
    __/_5/__/__/10/_9 -- 1* Storm -- Low health, env tile clear bad in city. But decent character.
    __/_7/__/_8/__/__ -- 1* Hawkeye -- good for countdown tiles.

I hope these characters get to have dialog in the event. I want to see Nick Fury talking to Bag Man.

Even with the goons at level 50, these fights are long and hard.

WHALE STRATEGY -- Buy up She-Hulk to 5 Blue covers. Go into each battle with some blue boosts. When enough bad counters are out, use Settlement on them. OBW will steal Blue, Black, and Purple tiles on a match, and also Aggressive Recon, so she's a good feeder for Settlement. Add Wolvie or Punisher against goons, maybe swap in Daredevil against non-goons.

For the really adventuresome, Switcheroo (13 Purple AP) and Ambush (7 Red AP) is a good combo, setting up an irresistible 4 match for the AI.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Lets see:

__/_9/_9/__/12/__ -- She-Hulk -- Blue can help Wolverine's strike tiles a lot, and Franks strike tiles a little. Countdown tiles at level 5.
    __/_8/__/__/_8/_7 -- Punisher -- Decent character
    __/_7/_7/11/__/__ -- Daredevil -- Completely useless against goons, and also in another tourney.
    __/__/11/_8/__/PA -- OBW -- Her drain power is weak against goons. Heal was just nerfed.
    _7/__/_9/13/__/__ -- Bagman -- High AP costs for their usefulness.
    PA/12/__/__/_6/__ -- 2* Wolvie -- Decent character
    __/_5/__/__/10/_9 -- 1* Storm -- Low health, env tile clear bad in city. But decent character.
    __/_7/__/_8/__/__ -- 1* Hawkeye -- good for countdown tiles.

I hope these characters get to have dialog in the event. I want to see Nick Fury talking to Bag Man.

My only positive OBW has for me is she ups the countdown tiles. Tends to be very helpful for me in PVE against goons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also OBW+punpun strike tiles is even better when goons can't take a whack at her
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    On what planet can OBW+mStorm not reliably beat a team of thee goons?

The city...those enviro tiles not going to bail m storm out....
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    On what planet can OBW+mStorm not reliably beat a team of thee goons?

The city...those enviro tiles not going to bail m storm out....
    But the board shuffling and cascades almost always will
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anyone know what rubber banding is like in the DA Heroic? Trying to work out when to start playing icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm considering maxxing A. Wolverine and or M. Storm. I was one of the many that sold my Thorverine after the Funbalancing with the plan to re-level them somewhere down the line and I sold my 1*s for roster space long ago. I'm firmly in to ThreeStaria, so I would really only use them in Heroics and other events where they are buffed. I'm unsure If I should just do it or keep saving my ISO to take another 3* to 141. (C Mags is at 115, fully covered, but not sure if I want to go all the way)
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is the 3rd event that has the yellow cover as the highest reward, which means they have stopped cycling the covers like they used to. From my recent experience with events (after the recent changes to rubber banding) there is just no way to place in top 10-20 with the ending time being 7am. Oh wait, yellow cover is also an alliance reward, which we also can't get since Support hasn't removed a inactive member (possibly 2 more members in the future) despite having sent 3 tickets so far. Go tinykitty yourselves devs. Apparently it's the only thing you are good at.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The yellow Sentry cover is the only reward I want, and of course as a UK player it's the one cover I have absolutely no chance of winning. I think I'll just pick at the event and use it as a source of ISO.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    This is the 3rd event that has the yellow cover as the highest reward, which means they have stopped cycling the covers like they used to. From my recent experience with events (after the recent changes to rubber banding) there is just no way to place in top 10-20 with the ending time being 7am. Oh wait, yellow cover is also an alliance reward, which we also can't get since Support hasn't removed a inactive member (possibly 2 more members in the future) despite having sent 3 tickets so far. Go tinykitty yourselves devs. Apparently it's the only thing you are good at.

Our alliance leader and one other member broke/bricked their phones/tablets/whatevers almost two weeks ago. They've been in touch with CS about getting their stuff moved to a new device. Still not back yet.

CS is slooooow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    Anyone know what rubber banding is like in the DA Heroic? Trying to work out when to start playing icon_e_smile.gif

You probably mean what the point distribution are, because pretty much all the recent event operated on the same rubberband but depending on how the missions are divied up it changes your strategy. Here are a rough guess on the points on the first sub (they're not at 100% and probably have some RB, so it's a rough guess):

3 essentials (She-Hulk required, rough guess): 200 225 250

3 'hard' missions (value exact) - 142 176 210
    3 'easy' missions (value exact)- 57 91 125

Doing the 3 essentials every 2h 24m so far puts me at about 20th place (out of 200). The essential missions seem to have relatively weak weight compared to most events, so if we assume the essentials are no brainers to do, this means rubberband is effectively a lot weaker than usual, because you can't count on the essentials to pull you through alone.

Note that 20 out of 200 is 100 out of 1000, so just doing the essentials would not be anywhere close to enough for a safe finish.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's really hard to not look at this event and assume there was a discussion that went "I know what'll sell them on the idea that getting rid of True Healing is good! Let's have them go against a bunch of characters who can all do massive damage in one shot. And make sure to pair some of them up with the Goons who'll specifically fuel that power." And I'm expected to believe they aren't trying to make us spend money on Health Packs... k.

EDIT: For the time being, I'm doing decently in the Sub-Event. Don't have a She-Hulk, so I can't do those nodes. in 30th right now with a little over 2200 points in it. As long as I can stay in the Top 50 in the Subs, maybe I'll have a shot at pulling her in a Pack.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey guys. Remember that time when they had two hole different colours of a single 3* character in the progression rewards, and they weren't the absolute last-near-impossible reward? And the last colour was in the top 100-50 or so in the placement rewards? Man i miss those days.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    The yellow Sentry cover is the only reward I want, and of course as a UK player it's the one cover I have absolutely no chance of winning. I think I'll just pick at the event and use it as a source of ISO.

I'm on the same boat. I might as well take this opportunity to level up my 3* Magneto before the nerf.

I was planning to use the iso's to level up Daredevil (for this event & Blind Justice), but as he's practically inneffective in most PVE's (vs. goons), figured what's the point.

Levelling Bagman was worth it, he saved my bacon against Sentry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    bonfire01 wrote:

You probably mean what the point distribution are, because pretty much all the recent event operated on the same rubberband but depending on how the missions are divied up it changes your strategy. Here are a rough guess on the points on the first sub (they're not at 100% and probably have some RB, so it's a rough guess):

3 essentials (She-Hulk required, rough guess): 200 225 250

3 'hard' missions (value exact) - 142 176 210
    3 'easy' missions (value exact)- 57 91 125

Doing the 3 essentials every 2h 24m so far puts me at about 20th place (out of 200). The essential missions seem to have relatively weak weight compared to most events, so if we assume the essentials are no brainers to do, this means rubberband is effectively a lot weaker than usual, because you can't count on the essentials to pull you through alone.

Note that 20 out of 200 is 100 out of 1000, so just doing the essentials would not be anywhere close to enough for a safe finish.

By 3 essentials, do you mean grinding them to 0 or just doing one round off the top?

Also: 2*Daken/Bullseye/Sentry on a single node? Gaaaaaah.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DEWDuck wrote:
    How the hell does this promote a diverse playing roster?

The only diverse thing it promotes is diverse roster of credit cards for health pack purchases.

it's the diverse use of different credit cards to buy health pack, didn't u get the memo? icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

By 3 essentials, do you mean grinding them to 0 or just doing one round off the top?

Also: 2*Daken/Bullseye/Sentry on a single node? Gaaaaaah.

One round every 2h 24m. It's certainly better than doing them down to 0 until the last refresh. While it's impossible to say without knowing the exact composition of your bracket, being at #100 out of 1000 after you do your first pass of essentials is pretty weak rubberbanding.

There's a Sentry/Jugg/Analyst node too. Good thing the Analyst has no HP to speak of.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

Our alliance leader and one other member broke/bricked their phones/tablets/whatevers almost two weeks ago. They've been in touch with CS about getting their stuff moved to a new device. Still not back yet.

CS is slooooow.

Yeah two weeks slow.....
  • Unknown
    Options
    (I know the recent changes to "promote roster diversity" are for PvP and not PvE events but I just have to say, this does wonders for my already superstar lineup)
    VeryDiverse.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Do you think Army of One prizes will be She-Hulk? We already have the other featured 3*s: Punisher and Daredevil. We didn't do so hot in Heroic Juggs thanks to the rubberband and unfriendly times for EU players, no thanks.