Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    So I'm one of the crazy grinders trying to reach the She-Hulk progression reward @ 100k points

Currently at 55k ~ a bit behind pace for the 61.5k goal I would need by the end of this sub.

Scaling is getting insane again:
    I'm dealing with a lvl 157 Hood fed by goons with Sniper Rifles &Tommy Guns
    Sentry Ares & Daken are up to lvl 121
    and Getaway Plan has hit lvl 185

so it's looking like i might reach very close to 100k but get shut down by huge obstacles in the last leg of the event

Anyone have any encouraging words for me or is it futile???

Not sure how many of these fights i can afford to skip

I think we'll make it - there will be another sub and then some nodes on the main. Even if there isn't much time to repeat them, they should be enough. I'm at 53k but don't want to push too hard - the progression reward is nice, but I would be happy with top ten in my main.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Booo, some leecher called Bowgentle is sitting over my shoulder as we turn the bend into the home straight.

COME ON LEGS, DON'T FAIL ME NOW!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Booo, some leecher called Bowgentle is sitting over my shoulder as we turn the bend into the home straight.

Come on you guys, this 1st place is getting too comfortable icon_e_biggrin.gif daveomite should be around too but don't see him in top10 main
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's the second sub that I started with only ~6 hours left on the clock and I must say I like the outcome very much...
    Will still have a full refresh in one hour and just now am 2nd in the sub with 21.330 and 9th in main with 40700 (only 6.3 k behind #1)

And this means I have only played this event so far for like an hour or 2 in total
    Seems like best way to do PvE ^_^
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iPulzzz wrote:

Come on you guys, this 1st place is getting too comfortable icon_e_biggrin.gif daveomite should be around too but don't see him in top10 main
    Don't worry, he'll start his final clear in 38 minutes, just like me icon_e_biggrin.gif

I honestly care only for T10, but I do want to T2 my sub, so there is that icon_e_wink.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    iPulzzz wrote:

Don't worry, he'll start his final clear in 38 minutes, just like me icon_e_biggrin.gif

I honestly care only for T10, but I do want to T2 my sub, so there is that icon_e_wink.gif

Haha...I feel like people are watching me icon_eek.gif

seriously though...that sounds about right... I had to sleep sometime icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    You'll need to average about 18K a day for the remaining time (45K in 2D 12H) to have a shot at 100K.

The points have been going up in base value but I don't know if it's enough. Looking at my score I averaged 13K the first 2 days and 15K the last 2 days, so it looks like it'll get really close.
  • Unknown
    Options
    New sub: Rooftops with a 2 day timer on it.

Looks like a 12 hour final free-for-all at the end of this event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Whoops... forgot about the end of this last round. << Looks like I can say goodbye to having any shot at Sentry covers. Oh well.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

nooo_display.jpg
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

It would rock so hard if the nodes in the main in the final 12 hours are NOT repeatable.

@ Bracket buddies:
    Can we please do this again for the next sub? No movement until 12 hours to go?
    Racing you guys was more fun than I had for a LONG time in PVE icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

It would rock so hard if the nodes in the main in the final 12 hours are NOT repeatable.

Sure would just think of the rage on the forums and a non 5am finish time for me. Anyhow I not be taking any chances should be leading my main bracket at that time - I was in a really easy second sub bracket, I won on 31.8K second was 27.7K. I bet I get another 3 2* covers though.

Edit: Called it 2 Ares and a OBW icon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So is the best "strategy" to try to get to a place with covers to do the playing every 2 hours, 24 minutes thing?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Sure would just think of the rage on the forums and a non 5am finish time for me. Anyhow I not be taking any chances should be leading my main bracket at that time - I was in a really easy second sub bracket, I won on 31.8K second was 27.7K. I bet I get another 3 2* covers though.
    Oh don't worry, I fully intend to be top 5 in my main and win that third sub too, since it ends at a decent time again.
    Then two clears before bed, and the crazyness of the last hour in the morning.

Placement should be _somewhat_ stable after the last sub, since there's just 5 refreshes for everyone.
    I'm curious to see how this will play out, maybe they finally figured out a somewhat fair format for everyone (who is not on Steam).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    You'll need to average about 18K a day for the remaining time (45K in 2D 12H) to have a shot at 100K.

The points have been going up in base value but I don't know if it's enough. Looking at my score I averaged 13K the first 2 days and 15K the last 2 days, so it looks like it'll get really close.

Base nodes this sub are 25% higher than last sub.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So is the best "strategy" to try to get to a place with covers to do the playing every 2 hours, 24 minutes thing?
    God no.

Wait until about 12 hours (maybe 24) out from the end of a sub and let all the crazy grinders do the hard work for you while you reap the benefits of rubberbanding. One or two full passes should net you a nice haul of points.

I've been maintaining 50th (+/- 15 places) since the start doing that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    God no.

Wait until about 12 hours (maybe 24) out from the end of a sub and let all the crazy grinders do the hard work for you while you reap the benefits of rubberbanding. One or two full passes should net you a nice haul of points.

I've been maintaining 50th (+/- 15 places) since the start doing that.

Okay... 12 hours. Then what, play through them once, let 'em refresh, and repeat?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Yep.

And try to time your last run as close to the finish as possible.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Got a red She-Hulk from one of my tokens... Will go nicely with my 0-0-1 attorney icon_e_biggrin.gif
    A yellow Sentry from the first sub made this event's pulls better than combined pulls for several past ones.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sounds good. Thanks, HairyDave.

And I was worried about only getting Recruit Tokens since I forgot about the end of the last round... ended up pulling a Red Classic Mags cover. So that worked out decently.