Dark Avengers Heroic: June 27 - July 3

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Is everyone's main bracket this way? Will those maybe open up near the end of the event?
    Yes and yes.
    And be worth stupid amounts of points and totally erase any effort you've made over the last few days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Has anyone updated to the new Patch 56 on iOS? I keep getting hounded to update but I don't know if PVE scaling will be affected again like what happened in Thick as Thieves v. 2.0 where enemy levels jumped from 140 to 270

My scaling for the whole event has been rough for the last 12 hours of each sub so I don't want to kill my progress on reaching 100k progression reward

Thanks for your input icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    Has anyone updated to the new Patch 56 on iOS? I keep getting hounded to update but I don't know if PVE scaling will be affected again like what happened in Thick as Thieves v. 2.0 where enemy levels jumped from 140 to 270

My scaling for the whole event has been rough for the last 12 hours of each sub so I don't want to kill my progress on reaching 100k progression reward

I have, with no impact to scaling.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:

Yeah, I updated one of my two iDevices, and the levels are about the same on both.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hypothetically speaking, people clearing 60k in the main with only a 15 SHulk, 6 OBW, and 40 Hawk are cheating, right? Or is scaling such that these people see lvl 1 opponents over and over?
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Hypothetically speaking, people clearing 60k in the main with only a 15 SHulk, 6 OBW, and 40 Hawk are cheating, right? Or is scaling such that these people see lvl 1 opponents over and over?
    Level 1 is an exaggeration but they will certainly be low - and a L105 She-Hulk will mop the floor with them.
  • Unknown
    Options

Probably the latter. They're probably seeing single digit levels exclusively, and that She-Hulk is boosted to 105. Match damage alone is probably massacring people.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone noticed the end time of this PVE event? 12 midnight on July 3rd EST. at 12 noon EST the main sub will open up with crazy rubberbanding and everyone who is traveling for the 4th of July will loose their chance at more sentry covers icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif I am really glad I am staying in town and this won't effect me icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Probably the latter. They're probably seeing single digit levels exclusively, and that She-Hulk is boosted to 105. Match damage alone is probably massacring people.

Well, not single digits, but close enough.

Last time I looked on my other half's account, her essential nodes were in the mid to high 20s. Might be 30 by now. Either way, a 105 She-Hulk with about 6k health can simply match-3 her way to victory with relative impunity, inflicting 150ish damage per match-3 and maybe receiving 30-40 back by the enemy team outside of powers. Even with the worst play style imaginable, she can't lose in this scenario outside of an intentional retreat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Has anyone noticed the end time of this PVE event? 12 midnight on July 3rd EST. at 12 noon EST the main sub will open up with crazy rubberbanding and everyone who is traveling for the 4th of July will loose their chance at more sentry covers icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif I am really glad I am staying in town and this won't effect me icon_mrgreen.gif

And people say they never do anything for the Europeans...
  • Unknown
    Options

Cheating? No.

Surely the whole point of having powered up heroes for these events is to give people who are new to the game or do not have many covers for a particular hero the chance to compete.

If that hypothetical person is doing well they are probably constantly farming for iso 8 between clearing the nodes to train up what they can and to buy boosts so that they can take on the hardest nodes. That is how I managed to do so well in the iso-8 brotherhood event.

playing the nodes with low level heroes is no cakewalk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The 'low level dominating PvE' is probably because enemy covers scale to level. Let's say you have every character maxed so you'd probably use She-Hulk (231), Punisher (171), and OBW (125) and you'll probably face level 150 enemies.

Someone using just a She-Hulk at 15 (105) would face level 20-30 enemies in all likelihood. That difference isn't as big as it looks because remember the first guy could've a level 231 character. However those level 20-30 guys will have 1 or 2 cover in most colors, and since DAs actually have very strong combination of abilities and She-Hulk definitely does not, losing your covers for being at level 15 affects you far less than the DAs losing most of their covers.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    SolidQ wrote:
    Venom + Jugg + Analyst node are worst. Stun, Stun, Stun... etc
    You left out the endless Headbutts...

That node sucks. Seriously. icon_evil.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:
    Venom + Jugg + Analyst node are worst. Stun, Stun, Stun... etc
    You left out the endless Headbutts...

That node sucks. Seriously. icon_evil.gif

Get rid of Venom first, Juggs second. Try to make sure you get any red matches - when there is a choice between red and green on the board, let the AI have the green. Unstoppable crash messes up the board but does a lot less damage to your team and half the time afterwards the board is left with better matches for you than there were before.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Take out the Analyst first, to stop the fuelling of pink & red AP usually wolverine or Punisher have to eat 1 headbutt but after that OBW heals and steals to prevent further carnage. Take down juggernaut with Adamantium slash or Punisher's red if he's below your cut off %
  • Unknown
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    Take out the Analyst first, to stop the fuelling of pink & red AP usually wolverine or Punisher have to eat 1 headbutt but after that OBW heals and steals to prevent further carnage. Take down juggernaut with Adamantium slash or Punisher's red if he's below your cut off %

That sounds like a better strategy - I don't have Punisher but Wolverine has more health now as I recently had a couple of covers drop for him and have trained him up so I will try that way next round, thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Found the Ares sunder bug again after the new update, however it was strange... When I threw a Molotov cocktail at the enemy, the timer tile finally went away
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well I am in a much more interesting sub this time. Two very familiar names in the current top 10.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Grind grind grind grind grind...

I'm 20,000 points away from the top 20, and all my nodes are worth 500 or less.

Grind grind grind grind grind...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    Found the Ares sunder bug again after the new update, however it was strange... When I threw a Molotov cocktail at the enemy, the timer tile finally went away

They have said this won't be fixed until the r57 patch. It was never in this patch.