Feedback Wanted: Character Balance

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just recently made BishOP my sole targeted 4* again. He's at 341, and I just might push up all the way to 370.

The moment that happens is when they'll nerf him, so 29 more levels to go, y'all. I'll try to move it along as quickly as I can. 😋
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some characters could use super soldier serum
    Any update on this or is it just gonna be a Nerf bishop post? 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well this is now not sticky at the top of the board.  So wonder if this will die a slow death.  
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I suggest the forum keep speculating about whether this will ever get any attention thereby keeping it near the top of the boards. 
  • Phill_C
    Phill_C Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I’ve never really had trouble with bishop, not as much as going up against a gritty team but that’s just my 2cents. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder
    Phill_C said:
    I’ve never really had trouble with bishop, not as much as going up against a gritty team but that’s just my 2cents. 
    You must be in the 4 tier then.  Most people in the 5 tier hate Bishop.  Gritty is pretty easily handled (barring something like a 500+ Kitty).
  • Phill_C
    Phill_C Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    Phill_C said:
    You must be in the 4 tier then.  Most people in the 5 tier hate Bishop.  Gritty is pretty easily handled (barring something like a 500+ Kitty).
    Yes you’re correct but wouldn’t using silver silver and try keeping him upfront kinda help vs Bishop? I know you top tier players probably know how to handle him best and not trying to be a smarty as I definitely understand he is a nightmare but he must have decent counters or is it more about time/healthpacks?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Phill_C said:
    bluewolf said:
    Phill_C said:
    Yes you’re correct but wouldn’t using silver silver and try keeping him upfront kinda help vs Bishop? I know you top tier players probably know how to handle him best and not trying to be a smarty as I definitely understand he is a nightmare but he must have decent counters or is it more about time/healthpacks?
    The problem for 5 star players is that his passive procs on just 5 star match damage.  Not a problem for 4 stars, but with a 5 star as soon as you make a match 3 he then hits you back for double the damage and also gains blue ap.  Bishop will have an entire 5 star team stunned with his blue, which is also a 4 turn stun, before you have enough ap to fire a single power to stop him.

There are ways for 5 star players to beat him, but none of them are reliable and the matches take long usually, which is not good in pvp.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phill_C said:
    bluewolf said:
    Phill_C said:
    The problem for 5 star players is that his passive procs on just 5 star match damage.  Not a problem for 4 stars, but with a 5 star as soon as you make a match 3 he then hits you back for double the damage and also gains blue ap.  Bishop will have an entire 5 star team stunned with his blue, which is also a 4 turn stun, before you have enough ap to fire a single power to stop him.

There are ways for 5 star players to beat him, but none of them are reliable and the matches take long usually, which is not good in pvp.  
    Also, Surfer being the OG 5* means it's rather difficult for newer players to get him covered. And he also suffers from power creep. Newer 5*s will always tank his colors. In order to keep him up front, he needs to pair with 5*s that don't share his colors, which may not be good for synergy, or he needs to be paired with a 4*.

Either way, it makes you a huge sitting duck in PvP. Sure, Bishop teams maybe get easier to deal with, but you won't be able to stay ahead of all the hits that will come your way. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a feeling Immortal Hulk is going to help with Bishop, since his rebirth is immediate on that same turn (he'll even come back to life after the first hit of BRB's green, which then procs the other hits against whoever would be left exclusively) and he comes back un-stunned. I don't know that he is specifically a Bishop Counter, but I thin he'll do the job. At the expense of the rest of the team I guess. My Anti-Bishop remains Okoye/Profe$$or X, plus 2 TU ap in the bank, and a match-n on the board. I don't mind him anymore; my new annoyance is BRB/Kitty just protracting matches into eternity.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took my BRB/Okoye up against a Carbage team in Bags to Riches after the change to Knull & Void, and I can confirm that defending Carbages get a free extra turn at start of battle. I've yet to bring my own Carbage in to a battle against a similar or Gritty team to see if attackers can also take advantage of this new behavior. It's not wildly different than what happens on Main Event's Grand Entrance, but it does make him a bit more interesting. I'm looking forward to finishing this final shard cover for him I need.

@Demiurge_[bagman]
    to me, this was a cool change - it's editing just one variable at a time to see if his recipe can be saved or improved rather than some of the "throw the baby out with the bath water" changes we've seen historically. The change to Bounty Hunter is similarly subtle but effective. I hope this incremental approach to balance continues.
  • omen
    omen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In

Wanted to bump this up. Has anything more been said on rebalances?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards

@omen said:
    Wanted to bump this up. Has anything more been said on rebalances?

Maybe they are doing small tweaks as seen recently in the app updates vs big rebalances?

But they aren’t exactly hitting the hot targets yet. Carbage? Valk? PunMax? Come on.....

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker

Since someone else semi necro’d this.
    I haven’t seen this suggestion for cap/bish, but wouldn’t adding a passive to reduce enemy match damage on those 2 be the most direct method to solving the majority of issues stated here? I mean, it would be important to balance it so they are effective against characters like Karnak/Juggs, but it’s the softest nerf I can think of.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

Even when he came out as the first 5 he wasn't overpowered compared to the 4's at the time.

Give him some love.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2020

@captainheath said:
    Even when he came out as the first 5 he wasn't overpowered compared to the 4's at the time.

Give him some love.

I remember when he first came out there was a node to see him in action. It was 3 of the best 4 stars at the time (don't remember who specifically) vs one champed silver surfer. Everyone was blown away by how strong he was compared to 4 stars and how he blew a team of the best 4 stars out of the water by himself.

But he's definitely nowhere near as powerful now as he seemed back then.