Feedback Wanted: Character Balance

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Balance is fine right now
    That is the problem for not reading well. Hound of shadow didnt reply to any person specifically. Nor I did too.
  • Bad
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Bad said:
    That is the problem for not reading well. Hound of shadow didnt reply to any person specifically. Nor I did too.
    Yeah. He said before that if his post stuck a nerve, then it would be aimed at us.

He's replying to the post above it. Otherwise, he's trolling.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/914339/#Comment_914339

I wasn't replying to you either, why did you have to say anything? My reading is quite good thank you very much. No need to insult me.
    I agreed. Your reading is quite good but reading at other post on other time and place and adding to other replies forward.
    And I said something because after supporting his comment, the  same thing you say indirectly applies to me, trolling stuff included.
    Sorry if I went accidentally into old grudges holded.
    I think we are starting to get nervious thinking what we say and vote could change the game on a future.
    Altough this its clearly entertaining.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some characters could use super soldier serum
    At the end of the day, it boils down to how you think what the "right" counters MPQ should be establishing or promoting. On one hand, it's ridiculous to bring 2 5* to counter one 4*. On the other hand, there are also players who don't want to form teams of lower tier character or a combination of lower tier and high tier characters to counter another team. I think that if a counter team works well, it's a counter. It doesn't matter what tiers the counter teams are made up of. I have used a combination of 2* to 5* teams to counter meta teams. 

At this point of time, almost everything have been said about the pros and cons of nerfing Bishop. If the dev choose to nerf Bishop, everyone else has to accept it. Likewise for the other sides, they have to accept the decision. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At the end of the day, it boils down to how you think what the "right" counters MPQ should be establishing or promoting. On one hand, it's ridiculous to bring 2 5* to counter one 4*. On the other hand, there are also players who don't want to form teams of lower tier character or a combination of lower tier and high tier characters to counter another team. I think that if a counter team works well, it's a counter. It doesn't matter what tiers the counter teams are made up of. I have used a combination of 2* to 5* teams to counter meta teams. 

At this point of time, almost everything have been said about the pros and cons of nerfing Bishop. If the dev choose to nerf Bishop, everyone else has to accept it. Likewise for the other sides, they have to accept the decision. 

So you could have said the above, which is a reasonable enough opinion and no doubt has a level of some truth to some players but obviously not all, all along but just fancied a good ol' fashioned troll, eh?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mod note: Just a friendly reminder to keep the conversation on topic and to be civil with each other. Thank you. 
  • zipo24
    zipo24 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder
    Nerf Bishop, Cap Whorty & Brb
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I have been reading this thread and other nerf Bishop/CapWorth threads and it's a fact that when working counters are proposed, they will be dismissed with whatever reasons/excuses that could be thought of.

How do we know whether those counters are actually working? Because other players have posted their experiences using those counters successfully. 

Evidences are readily available in either this thread and/or in other past anti-Bishop/CapWorthy threads regarding others dismissing those counters proposed by other players.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nerf everyone that isn’t thor and okoye so I can steam roller through it all and then complain I’m bored and the game has no variety. Ok Bishop and Worthy I can see why people hate them even if I don’t want a nerf, but some of the others are just minor irritants.
  • Bad
    Options
    Right now 60% of pvp teams are thorokoye and 40% gritty, bishop or worthy. 
    Personally I like to fight them for to add some variation. Or some excitement and gamble if you consider so.
    Nerf bishop and worthy and there will be only thorokoye and gritty teams. The same battle over and over.
    No much strategy nor smart play there. Making pay to win the only strategy for sure.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Right now 60% of pvp teams are thorokoye and 40% gritty, bishop or worthy. 
    Personally I like to fight them for to add some variation. Or some excitement and gamble if you consider so.
    Nerf bishop and worthy and there will be only thorokoye and gritty teams. The same battle over and over.
    No much strategy nor smart play there. Making pay to win the only strategy for sure.
    So we are getting around to 140 characters between the 4* and 5* tiers. And you say 100% of teams consist of 3 different 5*'s and 3 different 4*'s and you like it because it gives variety and excitement. Ok.....
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Steve111 said:
    More 5* should be immune to stun, they are 5* after all. Wasp could shrink into a sub atomic particle as a passive when an attempt to stun her is made. Or Banner/Hulk could get very angry coming back after a stun. Some anti Bishop passives are due? 
    More suggestions like this please. Phoenix should be immune to stun, period. Angel should go airborne. If he has an aerial superiority out, he instead sends the stunning character airborne. Rescue could spam protects and heals every turn an ally is stunned. Widow's passive stun triggers for every turn an ally is stunned, and all her powers' secondary conditions are considered met. Someone else mentioned Emma Frost having the ability to muddle passives.

There are so many interesting things that could be done with underused characters, consistent with canon even, that make more sense than nerfing.
  • tiomono
    Options
    And we are getting back to the idea that all that makes bishop strong is stun. It's not the 5 ap gain on a 5* character basic match while dealing back 2 times the power. Or destroying 6 ap in your strongest color. Or turning protects into more blue.

His more recent strong combos are not even using his stun. They are using the through the roof ap gen to fuel damage powers.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think anyone is saying Bishop's strength is merely stun; surprise surprise, his YELLOW is seeing use nowadays. That notwithstanding, if stun weren't in his kit, none of this 24 page thread would exist. He'd just be a blue battery.

I can appreciate Smokeyjoe's caution about nerfing an entire class of characters, but mainly because D3 doesn't rebalance well. AoE powers were not nerfed with the introduction of Quake or Nightcrawler, stun didn't become less effective because of SilverSurfer and tile spammers certainly have not suffered despite SMBB/Kitty/Emma/Kraven/Mr. F/Medusa. Cultivating a small niche of characters that can respond to stun is a far better alternative to neutering 2 of the most useful characters in the game, especially with CL10 in mind.
  • tiomono
    Options
    Taganov said:
    I don't think anyone is saying Bishop's strength is merely stun; surprise surprise, his YELLOW is seeing use nowadays. That notwithstanding, if stun weren't in his kit, none of this 24 page thread would exist. He'd just be a blue battery.

I can appreciate Smokeyjoe's caution about nerfing an entire class of characters, but mainly because D3 doesn't rebalance well. AoE powers were not nerfed with the introduction of Quake or Nightcrawler, stun didn't become less effective because of SilverSurfer and tile spammers certainly have not suffered despite SMBB/Kitty/Emma/Kraven/Mr. F/Medusa. Cultivating a small niche of characters that can respond to stun is a far better alternative to neutering 2 of the most useful characters in the game, especially with CL10 in mind.
    To me his stun is just icing on his op cake. Take away his stun and kitty gamora bishop is still an op monster. So is bishop with BRB. Both of which completely ignore bishops stun. But I have beaten that poor horse beyond death.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Taganov said:

To me his stun is just icing on his op cake. Take away his stun and kitty gamora bishop is still an op monster. So is bishop with BRB. Both of which completely ignore bishops stun. But I have beaten that poor horse beyond death.
    The horse is decaying like Bishop should be on the shelf.  Just like a Gambit, OML, XFW all are.   Due to the fact of inaction by this Dev team, we all have to suffer through this Bishop OP world that we live in.  

It is also sad that the person that posted this question is not even answering or even updating anything on this forum.  So were they just gonna post this and walk away?