Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Balance is fine right now
    Bishop is completely broken. Best example is this SIM pve 4E node.  Bishop with another blue stunner.   They know he is broken and don’t do anything.  He needs to be rebalanced and I am not saying he needs to be worthless but it needs to be done.  
    About the 4E node, truth is I cleared 3 times with some damage, but very small amount compared to other nodes. Past that, I cleared so smoothly until the 6.
    Why? Because he is a char with limited cape. If he is hyper leveded he is useless because he doesnt activates his reaction anymore.
    So bishops with 30k health are a scarecrow but...
    Like I said a 4* with low health and unable to stun is going to be dead meat.
    And he gains a lot of blue but he wastes a lot too.
    Edit: and if you are expecting bishop not firing energy conversion on a inmune apoc... well expect another time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some characters could use super soldier serum
    Bishop is and always has been a 5* problem.  5* players are, in the wild, a minority but also potentially a high spending category. Seems in this instance they do not spend enough.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Plus, Its a 4* problem too. Currently I have 12 4* champions (including Howard and Dino) and 18 with at least 10 covers. For my developing 4* roster any meta 4* team is a skip. For three reasons.

1. I do not want to frustrate myself and swear.
    2. I do not think I can beat them.
    3. Even if I beat them, it will drain my health packs.

Bishop is not an exception to that. Every of the 4* meta characters are annoying. Some more often than the other, some only in specific combo. But ya know, they are strong in specific combos or beacuse of x. Rocket and Groot is not stong. But he pumps up a Marvel/Worthy combo. Or pumps up Juggernaut'a passive. Is Mr. F strong? Nope. But he shines with Cardusa. Ect.

Bishop is exception to that. He is annoying in every team, in any combo. Eventually he will punish your team. You want prove? Last Simulator event 1st day 4* node. I couldn't beat him with any of my teams (not to mention that I had to use Maria Hill). So I healed Karnak and used him. Repetad 6 times. After that 5* node came with Worthy/HE combo. I used 10 health packs on those 2 nodes. I believe 7 or 8 on the Bishop node.

To be honest, I enjoy the current meta as we have a lot of meta teams, more than when I started being serious about PVP. And at 2,5x more characters to contruct teams that are able to beat them. But Bishop is only 4* I would like to be changed. Not deleted, not nerfed. Changed. Let him do his stuff. But less. A simple  fact that he could generate only 5AP per round or something that would make him to procs less often (for example only against powers or when teammate loses in total x portion of the max health).

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder
    It has been said that Bishop proc’ing more than once per turn wasn’t intended (aka from cascades, he should only gain 5 AP).

We’ve pointed this out SO MANY TIMES.

They don’t care.

Or, they can’t fix it.  Or it’s too hard and they don’t have the personnel. Or something. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's something new. Who said that?

I'm surprised Bishop is a problem for 4* players unless you use some specific characters that trigger him like Juggernaut, R4G etc.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Options
    That's something new. Who said that?

I'm surprised Bishop is a problem for 4* players unless you use some specific characters that trigger him like Juggernaut, R4G etc.

It is to some extent. For developing 4* roster he is problem. If ya have like 30-40 4* champions and 10+ possible teams, he is easily doable. But if ya not, you have to just skip him or use a certain strategy, like against 3* Strange.
    You just can't use ususal strategy. Last time I choosed to play against him, I used 4*Marvel black ability, wait for some strike tiles and then for 2 turn did match damage to him and then used Marvel's yellow to oneshot him. Many of my character's can't go against him cause they damage is to low and they will proc's him. I just can't use Wolverine's black, X-23's green/purple, Hulkbuster's red ect. because they dmg. is either to low or need to be stacked properly. And if he is used with someone who is equally dangerous (like Karnak) then it is a double problem. Any other 4* combo is doable for me now as I have already teams to go (like Cardusa/Mr. F). Last Simulator node proved that I am right. I just Karnak'ed him to deatch and it costed mi ~7-8 health packs.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    November 6th 2020. 168 days. 6 months. Hopefully this is enough time for you all to buff 5* Widow in time for her movie release. This does zero for me gameplay-wise as I have 7 covers for her.  But I’m sure it’ll make a lot of players happy. I guess it’d also be exciting to chase a Classic that’s not trash. 168 days. 6 months. Hope this is ample enough of a heads up.

Okay. She’s champed! Now how about that rebalance!
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder
    November 6th 2020. 168 days. 6 months. Hopefully this is enough time for you all to buff 5* Widow in time for her movie release. This does zero for me gameplay-wise as I have 7 covers for her.  But I’m sure it’ll make a lot of players happy. I guess it’d also be exciting to chase a Classic that’s not trash. 168 days. 6 months. Hope this is ample enough of a heads up.

Okay. She’s champed! Now how about that rebalance!
    Something like “lull the beast” as a passive would be fun. Convert 3 basic green tiles into purple, red and black each turn and gives her a chance at charging her own powers as they do cost quite a bit.

Converting into 3 colors significantly reduce the chances of causing crazy cascades and thematically, she calms the beast.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Widow movie = perfect time to rebalance Natasha. Not sure if that is now pushed back to 2021 though?