Feedback Wanted: Character Balance

Options

Comments

• y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Some characters could use super soldier serum

yeah, SS wasn't hugely changed, it's just that the rest of the game has, massively so. he wouldn't fare as well vs. max-champ 4*s, or even champs of the current generation.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

A buff to Surfer could go a long way. He is still really useful even at the abysmal level of health and output, comparatively speaking.

Will the devs ever follow up on this rebalancing discussion? The world may never know..

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

I wish they would do slight tweaks to the 5's that need it when they are up for an event. Not ultra-changing tweaks, just ap cost, health, match damage, and the numbers that go with the ap spending. It would bring a lot more excitement to these events that just repeat over and over.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX
    It is officially 3 months since this was first posted. While I understand the world has changed drastically and Demi/D3 have to adjust their calendars to this, it is a bit nuts that their has not been any communication on this since it was been posted. Do you or your team have any type of timeline for this?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

Someone post the gif, you know the one I mean

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The time line for changes is maybe next year.

But most likely never.

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did we get any answer to this thread? This was created in Januray and no feedback from Devs?

Maybe instead of the bonkers release rate we have right now we can do something like 4 / reworked 5 / new 5 or even reworked 5 / reworked 5 /new 5

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There were some minor changes made to Carnage, Valkyrie and probably somemore. Does that count?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder

@HoundofShadow said:
    There were some minor changes made to Carnage, Valkyrie and probably somemore. Does that count?

Punisher Max, that powerhouse that is now moved into the meta. Right? How could you forget?

Oh wait, it was a very small tweak that made no difference to anyone, but was probably relatively fast and allowed someone to check something off what I assume is a very long list of "do these character updates if you have some extra time".

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What was the change to Valkyrie?

And I figured once this thing got unstickied it was intended for it to sink and die without an answer...

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder

@DAZ0273 said:
    What was the change to Valkyrie?

And I figured once this thing got unstickied it was intended for it to sink and die without an answer...

R199 included this update:

Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)'s power Bounty Hunter now activates on the first turn.

Not exactly earth-shattering, but an improvement!

I don't know what people expect when we're in the middle of a pandemic and the devs are all remote but hey, if you want to keep hoping for some major character reworks, be my guest.

BW delay threw a bunch of work out the window (or put it on hold) and they are scrambling, probably, to keep up with the relentless release schedule to make sure players keep feeling that spending pressure. Or, more charitably, have something new to engage with. Since I don't expect any novel content (PVE or what have you) either.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh! Well I just used her today and didn't even realise that wasn't the case to begin with, lol! But...THANKS DEVS!

And no I expect exactly zero, lol! I wasn't overly confident of anything happening 3 months ago though either! All these players suddenly expecting a meta Doc Ock as they just happen to have him champed were always going to end up in the same place Doc's cunning scenes go to...😁

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No comment about Punisher because I don't think his toolkit is popular.

Even though it's a minor change to Valkyrie, I think it makes a big deal to me. Instead of gaining 3 ap on my first turn, I could sometimes gain an extra 3-4 ap.

Unfortunately for Carbage, it turned out pretty buggy for him. The last time I saw something about Carbage was that he downed his own teammate on the first move due to cascades and I think his first match during players' start of the game gained ap for the players instead. Even though it's one minor change, but two new bugs surfaced.

Previously, the dev from MCOC announced some character balances in July or August last year, and it took them 8 months to implement the changes. And that's before COVID-19 gained attention in the US.

I highly doubt that major character rebalances will be implemented that soon. On the other hand, those movies that have been delayed might give them some extra time to schedule some character balances.

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

3 months gone and 0 character balance

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope they release improvements on a batch of characters to get a jump start.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to assume at this rate, re-balances will be here by 2021

Or they came to the conclusion that nothing was needed and everything is 100% perfect. 
  • The rockett
    Options
    Hey @IceIX.  Since this is the official thread about the rebalance, would you like to comment here about why these were skipped over for a back to back 5*?   I think 28 pages might be a bit important.  
  • The rockett
    Options
    Now May 20th.  Just checking back in on this thread for an official announcement.  4 months after the post.  
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Balance is fine right now
    He already replied to you with an explanation. On page 1 of this thread...

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82264/next-character-release-announcement-5-7-20-release/p1

You expected that to change in a week?

He replies to you directly with.

“Character rebalances are one of the things that got knocked on its head by this whole situation. It's still on our radar, but took a slightly back-er(?) seat to getting everything set up so we could run everything from home. Hasn't been shelved!”

• The rockett
    Options
    Yes I understand that BUT this is the official thread that the Dev team made, not us.  So I will use this thread to as the question every month to see if there had been an update.